Full Time: Oldham Athletic 0 Preston North End 4

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my apologies but I did warn you that I was attending yesterday's match. my own personal run of witnessed results now stands at 11 successive defeats F5 A29. you may be happy to learn that I will be missing at least the next three matches.

I treated my Uncle to today's match, a lifelong supporter in his 70s but, for a variety of reasons, this was his first match at BP since the (original) Royle era. he was, to say the least, unimpressed and it may prove difficult to get him to go again. but I will endeavour to persuade him to see at least one more match before the season is over in the hope that it will provide him with a better lasting memory of the club that he has followed for so long - before the game he had shown me a picture of him stood on a packed BP terrace that dated back to the early 1950s when he was 15.

How on earth did preston look shakey at the back, we didnt have a single effort on goal!

I thought that they were in disarray after that shot on target from Philly at the 92' mark, they were very fortunate that the final whilste was blown so soon afterwards

Love Dean Holden myself. Lovely guy, one of us isn't he?

But any manager summing up a 0-4 hammering using words like 'innit' and 'buzzing' needs binning off, don't they? Can't blame players switching off when the manager's doing a team talk like one of the hoppers off the projects.

We looked pretty disorganised today and it got more desperate as the game went on. Don't think Holden will be the man for us long-term. Poleon looked decent down the wing and he tried hard but we created very little. Some of the goals we conceded were shambolic.

LJ has set the benchmark in terms of preparation, we should be looking for someone similar to that, whether they are experienced or not. We aren't going down and the new manager will have enough time to get used to the club and plan for next season.

I hope we have someone in charge before the 14th March.

I'm not so sure about the not going down bit.... but I do think we need someone in very soon don't fancy having to win the Last three games to stay up

Holden worried too much about what they would do rather than concentrate on our strengths. I know we had injuries but to play Kasunga in midfield to mark Johnson was suicide.

He tried to be to clever for his own good. As soon as we lined up it was obvious we were going to struggle. I'm not sure it would have changed much but why not swap Kasunga and Djeng, it didn't make sense to me.

It smacked of Holden trying to make a point and make and a big impression by showing he had coaching badges and could be a tactical genius. He didn't need to do that.

Too many times we worry about the oppo to. Yes scout the team and scout individuals but don't change things just by because of one player.

Grayson won't have changed the way his team play.

Edited by palmer1

Also today showed that dominic poleon is a winger and not a striker. Give him space to run at players and that's when you will see why we paid a fee for him.

Can't agree with that, a winger needs to be able to cross pole on can't. Running with the ball Is one thing but he came inside 90% of the time. Far more to being a winger than running with the ball. He did OK yesterday yesterday though.

Edited by palmer1

Also today showed that dominic poleon is a winger and not a striker. Give him space to run at players and that's when you will see why we paid a fee for him.

He had a good game.

He has a basic footballing problem though. Once he's beaten two or three men he hasn't got a clue what to do with it. Let alone deliver a killer pass or decent cross.

It wasn't a 4-0 performance from Nob End. The scoreline and history books will tell you that.

Kean's worst performance to date and too many feeling sorry for themselves out on that pitch today. Wins breed belief and togetherness, the Col U & Orient defeats allied to :censored:e abuse at Orient and LJ being a judas certainly doesn't help. Plus of course 5 to 6 regular's missing.

It's at these times you find out who are the men you want in the side, get a few injured back in, roll up the sleeve's and give it one last bash for the season. Football is a short career and someone needs to grab these players by the scruff of the neck and tell them not to waste one week of what is a great job.

Love Dean Holden myself. Lovely guy, one of us isn't he?

But any manager summing up a 0-4 hammering using words like 'innit' and 'buzzing' needs binning off, don't they? Can't blame players switching off when the manager's doing a team talk like one of the hoppers off the projects.

Noticed that myself.

Stockport County

People have been saying this for years. We're still here, though.

Some might even give the current hierachy credit for ensuring we haven't gone the same way as Stockport.

So better the devil you know and all that...

Weird game, everyone in the ground knew it would end up like it did, players included. Always going to be a heavy win for them, especially with 6 players out injured and their bench compared to ours.

Get the injured players back, get a new manager in, and I still think we've got a good chance of finishing top ten. Put that game as a one-off and we'll be better off.

Also, fair play to the fans in the Chaddy, made a fair bit of noise when there was nothing to shout about.

Weird game, everyone in the ground knew it would end up like it did, players included. Always going to be a heavy win for them, especially with 6 players out injured and their bench compared to ours.

Get the injured players back, get a new manager in, and I still think we've got a good chance of finishing top ten. Put that game as a one-off and we'll be better off.

Also, fair play to the fans in the Chaddy, made a fair bit of noise when there was nothing to shout about.

It's not a one-off though, now 9 defeats in 14.

Yeah the might athleticos singing derogatory songs about their own home town again. Aren't they great?

Also I'm sure I saw one of them hold a small white flag insulting Dean Holden as manager. I will happily be corrected if I saw it wrong.

Edited by palmer1

Yeah the might athleticos singing derogatory songs about their own home town again. Aren't they great?

Also I'm sure I saw one of them hold a small white flag insulting Dean Holden as manager. I will happily be corrected if I saw it wrong.

The white banner was a hand made & said "dean holdens blue and white army "