Full Time: Oldham Athletic 0 Preston North End 4

I'd think Kusunga will be fit to start, so a back-four of:

Kusunga, Wilson, Dieng and Brown will probably be OK, i didn't see an injury to B. Wilson either so he might be fit to start too.

Lockwood played like a man who's legs went months ago and hasn't played since.

But he can organise a back 4 and have it in a straight line for a start. It was all over the show today. Locky going for the headers and Wilson sweeping up round the back.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were always going to lose this game, the players were hoodwinked by that little melt ( thank you Chaddy Ender) Johnson just as much as the rest of us.

Even with a fully fit squad to pick from,Deano had a massive job on his hands to fire the players up after recent events.

That said, we were bar the odd individual collectively rank. It's gone now, no more feeling sorry for ourselves whether it be fans or players, the next game will bring about a big improvement and we can progress from there.

We need the kind of mentality that saw us avoid danger last season, get some points on the board and move forward.

What did everyone really expect? With the players we had available today and a management team that had zero hours of management experience between them playing against a team that brought on from the bench Neil Kilkenny, Sylvan Ebanks Blake and Jermain Beckford. Teams like Preston should be spanking us under those circumstances and duly did. I agree we do need a manager in and sharpish but we'd have got pasted today any way.

Edited by oafc1000

What did everyone really expect? With the players we had available today and a management team that had zero hours of management experience between them playing against a team that brought on from the bench Neil Kilkenny, Sylvan Ebanks Blake and Jermain Beckford. Teams like Preston should be spanking us under those circumstances and duly did. I agree we do need a manager in and sharpish but we'd have got pasted today any way.

Very old fashioned but I expect a tackle, I want a derby to feel like a derby.

Never had a problem with a lack of quality, well used to that, but need to see more fight and guts than that today.

Edited by deyres42

Sorry deyres42 but when was Philiskirk a lone striker? We started with Murphy and Philiskirk up top and then Murphy was subbed for Turner? Granted Murphy dropped deep to get in the game but we had two up top.

Not strictly true. Murphy played the no.10 role and Philiskirk on the shoulder. Really strange.

Not got time to read through all so maybe repeating...

Keane - Came for everything in his first game now looks like he goes over every decision so many times he ends up in no mans land - rubbish today and at fault for at least 2 goals.

Dieng looked OK but as he was brought in as a midfielder, why play him in defence over Kusunga?

Kusunga - Rarely have i seen someone less comfortable on the ball....surley would have been better at CB?

Philly - invisible...no idea where he was playing and neither did I

Murphy - Few glimpses and feel he will do a job with right service

Polean - best game so far

Pretty much all I can say....

James Wilson not the same since being linked with other clubs in Jan.

For everyone slagging off the tactics, kunsunga was man-marking d Johnson and it did work for the first half.

But what can I do when the keeper has such a shocker, seemingly sparked by a slagging match after he first goal with J Wilson, who is an absolute arse bandit as far as I'm concerned. Didn't care one jot. Seemingly got in Keane's head and broke something. Hasn't cared for a while after being linked with Preston over Christmas.

Comceding that first goal played right into Preston's hands and the way they play. Just flooded midfield. We had to try thread it through with our main creative players missing. Then they got the second right at the end of a half when we'd been in it albeit without creating enough.

Then Deano would say x, y and z and we concede straight from the kick-off in the second half. Game over.

Feel sorry for Dean. And for those players who did try.