Mossley v Cables (for those not travelling to Yeovil)

Guessing there won't be a huge number travelling to Yeovil tomorrow, so if anyone fancies supporting local grassroots football, Mossley are at home to Cables. There's worse ways to spend your Saturday than backing a local non-league side. (me and leeslover will of course not be backing the local side on this at all, but the principle applies.)

Feel free to post up any other local games.

The Non League game of the weekend is at Surrey St., where Glossop North End take on Shaw Lane Aquaforce in the FA Vase 1/4 final replay. After failing to put the tie to bed last week (2 - 2) Glossop WILL make amends tomorrow and go on to play St Austell in the semi final.

£6 entrance / £3 conc. Expecting a gate of around 600 (Avg. normally 250)

All welcome if not travelling to Yeovil

Edit: Not forgetting award winning pies with a new favourite SQUIRREL!!

Edited by DavidCollinge

Guessing there won't be a huge number travelling to Yeovil tomorrow, so if anyone fancies supporting local grassroots football, Mossley are at home to Cables. There's worse ways to spend your Saturday than backing a local non-league side. (me and leeslover will of course not be backing the local side on this at all, but the principle applies.)

Feel free to post up any other local games.

Now I can understand your swaying towards Prescot.......but surely Leeslover shouldn't be. Even though you're now 'an item' I think you should have healthy rivalries. I will be disappointed if I hear he's cheered any cables goals. not that there will be any!!

Now I can understand your swaying towards Prescot.......but surely Leeslover shouldn't be. Even though you're now 'an item' I think you should have healthy rivalries. I will be disappointed if I hear he's cheered any cables goals. not that there will be any!!

Why would he have any affinity to Mossley?

No offence intended at all but I wouldn't have had a clue where Mossley was unless I was going there. Nothing against the place but I've just never been there. I've been to Prescot quite a few times. Supported Cables at home and away at Mini United :censored: :censored:. Not a tough call, regardless of fears of waking up dead

Chill out Clare, it's just a bit of banter, Bad Lags can do that you know! I would have thought Andy was born closer to Mossley than Prescot that was the only point.

Plus I have some links to Prescot oddly, it was just a fun.

Chill out Clare, it's just a bit of banter, Bad Lags can do that you know! I would have thought Andy was born closer to Mossley than Prescot that was the only point.

Plus I have some links to Prescot oddly, it was just a fun.

Who's not chilled?

Who's not chilled?

I'm chilled. If by chilled you mean :censored:ING COLD.

3-1 to Mossley. Cables opened the scoring with a fine individual effort but Mossley fought back with a flukey cross the wind caught, a scrappy goaline scramble and one that should have been ruled out for offside. Meh. Nice view of t'hills though.

Also 3-1 to Glossop North End aet. Went 1 goal down and huffed and puffed 'till the 87th minute when up popped Sam Hind (on as sub) with a rocket of a shot. Extra time was all about how many Glossop would score....

Now a 2 legged Semi final to look forward to.

A great crowd of 1010 turned out.

Edited by DavidCollinge

Also 3-1 to Glossop North End aet. Went 1 goal down and huffed and puffed 'till the 87th minute when up popped Sam Hind (on as sub) with a rocket of a header. Extra time was all about how many Glossop would score....

Brilliant game, GNE can't be defeated this season it seems.

Also 3-1 to Glossop North End aet. Went 1 goal down and huffed and puffed 'till the 87th minute when up popped Sam Hind (on as sub) with a rocket of a header. Extra time was all about how many Glossop would score....

St Austell is some way to travel, good job its 2 legs.

"Brilliant game, GNE can't be defeated this season it seems."

Having a great season you're right, Vase semi final, League Cup semi final and still in with a shout of the winning the league but will be difficult to overhaul Runcorn Linnets 19 point lead even with 8 games in hand, so many games to cram in.

"St Austell is some way to travel, good job its 2 legs"

Yeah some distance, glad we avoided North Shields thou. I fancy Glossop over 2 legs to beat anyone at this level.

I'm chilled. If by chilled you mean :censored:ING COLD.

3-1 to Mossley. Cables opened the scoring with a fine individual effort but Mossley fought back with a flukey cross the wind caught, a scrappy goaline scramble and one that should have been ruled out for offside. Meh. Nice view of t'hills though.

It's not a little piece of Tuscany though is it?

Incidentally we got chatting to some Barrow fans on the way back from Mossley. They're on course to win their league, they've got a rich owner who wants to get them in the league within 5 years. They couldn't speak highly enough of Darren Sheridan. "He got in trouble for having punch ups with the players in training and you can't do that as a manager, but he'll always be a legend in my eyes."

Incidentally we got chatting to some Barrow fans on the way back from Mossley. They're on course to win their league, they've got a rich owner who wants to get them in the league within 5 years. They couldn't speak highly enough of Darren Sheridan. "He got in trouble for having punch ups with the players in training and you can't do that as a manager, but he'll always be a legend in my eyes."

Mini Shez is now the chief scout for Plymouth

Not a fat lad called Simon was it?

Bull, Bull, Bullingdon, Bullingdon, Bullingdon

I thought you hated it because of the leftiness, such as playing a friendly against Stonewall FC, having food bank collections at games and supporting International Women's Day. What have you got against those things, apart from the usual Tory stuff of hating gays, the poor and women?