Hands in pockets for most of the game and not vocal at all no enthusiasm at all. Lockwood is on the pitch so who the is Holden bouncing ideas off on the touchline. Where is TP for just 90 minutes.

Subs warming up...barely as they know they won't be coming on. No ideas, no instructions, no nothing. How many coaches and voices on Barnsley's bench?

In all honesty I don't think we played to badly today but I have to ask about Dean Holden and set piece defending because 2 homes on the bounce has cost us big. Dean and Lockwood have had a few weeks to sort that out but we gifted a poor team 3 goals today.

Apart from a few glances up in the main stand at who I don't know Holden was a statue today and looked a beaten man against a coaching staff he should have wanted to get one over to prove himself.

Games Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday now. New man can come in but we won't be training much. Come SC you need to pull your finger out now as I'm frightened we will be dragged into a relegation fight again.

Also I keep reading that LJ has left us in a better position. Looking at that lot over the last 4 games I'm struggle to see it.

If you are in charge next game show some :censored:in enthusiasm at least ffs! It cost me a lot of money every week to come from Poulton to watch this :censored:. If you can't be added why should I?

Edit. Fookig tablet - The sub heading should read....

Does he want the job?

Edited by palmer1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This can't continue. The club is losing fans; there's no reason why people would pay £22 to watch this tripe every week regardless of their love for the club. Nothing against Holden but he cannot continue to remain in charge, we've been woeful under him. Effort was there today but that's about it, just get SOMEBODY in.

Thank you, Board of Directors. You've now created as much time as you want to appoint a new manager as you've allowed our season to tamely end.

What a lack of ambition the top of the club really have. Absolutely rubbish. I can't even be bothered attending another game this season - why should anybody when we've effectively given up?

Thank you, Board of Directors. You've now created as much time as you want to appoint a new manager as you've allowed our season to tamely end.

What a lack of ambition the top of the club really have. Absolutely rubbish. I can't even be bothered attending another game this season - why should anybody when you've effectively given up?

FIFY

Bombard Corney with emails from disgruntled supporters, he might just act, once the ground is practically empty on a match day.

What a lack of ambition the top of the club really have. Absolutely rubbish. I can't even be bothered attending another game this season - why should anybody when we've effectively given up?

I wouldn't say it's over yet. We're 8 points above the bottom four with 33 still to play for.

FIFY

Bombard Corney with emails from disgruntled supporters, he might just act, once the ground is practically empty on a match day.

I directly messaged Corney, a message which he heard before Port Vale away, telling him we need a manager immediately.

Nothing has happened. Why bother now? As Dec says, we're more likely to go down than up but neither are probable.

Even when Johnson left we had a chance to pick ourselves up with a new appointment and have a resurgence. Instead we've sat on our hands, 'not rushed' and let this negativity continue. We're now a mile from the play offs and going to finish bottom half. The reason people want a new manager is because they're looking over their shoulder. How things have changed.

With hindsight I believe we were always going to struggle when injuries set in. Good 1st 11 when everything is rosey but squad wafer thin with what looks like weak minded players. Sadly think LJ will go into be a decent manager no matter how much how he left us hurt. If we don't get it right with next appointment, and with the squad he's going to inherit. I think another struggle lies ahead. Hopefully once new stand opens, we'll start to get 5-6k in the ground and therefore actually afford to have a realistic chance of moving forwards properly and not by shear luck.....!

I don't blame Holden. It never want to come across that way.

He is the wrong man in a :censored: situation. The problem is he looks exactly that. He looked lost on the touchline with nobdy to turn to and his hands didn't leave his pockets. If you are a player and you are looking for leadership and encouragment is he presenting that? He barley spoke second half. This cannot carry on.

Sorry Dean but you have failed your interview. Thanks for your help.

Really fear were we will end up this season but am also concerned that seeing another season collapse desperately how it will impact on season ticket sales next season. Under FFP our budget will be further cut again.

The club should of put Johnson on gardening leave as soon as it became clear he was interested in going to Barnsley and started to look for new managers to keep our season on track.

Corney and the board have sat on their hands yet again and allowed the season to deteriorate to this current shambles. The club is a car crash.

Why would the stand add 2,000 to crowds?

Exactly, for some reason this stand is being bigged up so much its unreal. Granted it should bring in extra revenue but is it going to suddenly give us a much bigger playing budget ? The product on the pitch will dictate the numbers in any of our stands and sadly it appears we are going to hit the season ticket sales on a downward spiral.

Deano has been well and truly hung out to dry in a situation out of his control...feel sorry for him. At least even bringing in Murray to help for a bit would have been something but he has been left to it. His first season as a coach and chucked in the deep end. Not his fault.....

Exactly, for some reason this stand is being bigged up so much its unreal. Granted it should bring in extra revenue but is it going to suddenly give us a much bigger playing budget ? The product on the pitch will dictate the numbers in any of our stands and sadly it appears we are going to hit the season ticket sales on a downward spiral.

I think because one of the reasons that people say that its hard to get supporters back to watch the team is that ground is old fashioned and has no real welcoming facilities. Therefore the assumption is that with one stand with modern and decent facilities, and the right level of publicity would potentially bring a few back into the fold (potentially the 100s that seemed to stop going when the Lookers went).

I know a few people that came to their first Latics game to see what was at the time, the largest scoreboard in the country ('bigger than Wembley' I seem to recall). New stuff makes people interested.

Time that interest with a manager that gets people to be a bit interested and you could create a bit of momentum that if the product on the pitch could match what we have seen at times this season, might see crowds start to creep up.

I directly messaged Corney, a message which he heard before Port Vale away, telling him we need a manager immediately.

Nothing has happened. Why bother now? As Dec says, we're more likely to go down than up but neither are probable.

Even when Johnson left we had a chance to pick ourselves up with a new appointment and have a resurgence. Instead we've sat on our hands, 'not rushed' and let this negativity continue. We're now a mile from the play offs and going to finish bottom half. The reason people want a new manager is because they're looking over their shoulder. How things have changed.

Mills

Wilson B

Wilson J

Elokobi

Kelly

As much as I wanted them to make a quick appointment you can hardly blame the board for that list of absences. We were always going to be in contention as long as we didn't suffer too much with injuries and suspensions.

As said above, you have to think about the impact this form and negative legacy from Johnson will have on season ticket sales (and the squad we take into the new season).

The fight has gone from the club, and it will have affected a lot of fans in turn - our followings at Bradford and Crewe will probably be less than half of what we'd have taken if they'd have been a month away.

Lots of fans will have genuinely believed the hype that something special was imminent under Johnson. Another false dawn is bound to decrease crowds. Perhaps a new manager, a decent bit of end of season form and direction will invigorate some fans that's interest was waning.

I agree with the sentiments in this thread.

We've waited long enough now we've had 115 applicants we've probably interviewed most of the ones we would consider as a genuine candidate.

Surely one of those applicants is worth giving it to until the end of the season at least. The team lacked shape organisation and conceded 3 goals from set pieces. The players need a lift a new man can do that Dean Holden has been thrown in at the deep end I hope we keep in on in the coaching staff but we can't go on like this.

Over to you Simon the time for action is now!

Edited by GlossopLatic

Today was a chance to try a more positive approach, but as soon as

I saw Wilkinson on his own up my heart sank, Holden is just carrying on the negative Johnson tactics. Jones wide again for the vast majority of the game, the one time he went in the middle he scored. Philliskirk was poor and no matter what the injury situation he doesn't play on Tuesday for me. The two newcomers added nothing positive.

Two up front please on Tuesday with plenty of crosses into the box, otherwise I see the same again.

Winchester was excellent, but needs to play much further forward than today.

Negative manager, negative tactics, negative results, not many will want to go through this again on Tuesday.

Mills

Wilson B

Wilson J

Elokobi

Kelly

As much as I wanted them to make a quick appointment you can hardly blame the board for that list of absences. We were always going to be in contention as long as we didn't suffer too much with injuries and suspensions.

Wouldn't have made any difference with those in, Holden has set out a negative stall, one up front who cant hold up the ball and two wide men who cant cross a ball is an awful tactic.

I dont think it was the original formation, which we have done well with, or variation of all season. It was towards the end with no way of changing things. a like for like swap for philly was stupid as it wouldnt change things we needed fresh imputus so a change in formation. And to put murphy there was just bollox he has never seen a player in the hole. Then he just looked stumped. As palmer said a beaten man

Today was a chance to try a more positive approach, but as soon as

I saw Wilkinson on his own up my heart sank, Holden is just carrying on the negative Johnson tactics. Jones wide again for the vast majority of the game, the one time he went in the middle he scored. Philliskirk was poor and no matter what the injury situation he doesn't play on Tuesday for me. The two newcomers added nothing positive.

Two up front please on Tuesday with plenty of crosses into the box, otherwise I see the same again.

Winchester was excellent, but needs to play much further forward than today.

Negative manager, negative tactics, negative results, not many will want to go through this again on Tuesday.

Bit harsh on the two new lads. Saddler did OK although it was obvious he had not played much this season and Woodland showed some nice touches but wasn't trusted to have much of the ball when he dropped deeper into midfield.

We dont really have anyone who can cross a ball reliably or the forward line to shove two up top at the minute. Forte is a winger. Poleon is a winger and injured. I like the look of Murphy so maybe he could do OK with Wilkinson but we dont have many options.

Winchester showed flashes its either him or Mike Jones behind Wilkinson if we are to continue with one up front. Phillis last decent contribution was Fleetwood away. That's an age away now.

Cant see where the next win is coming from so we need to try something different anything

Edited by bluehobbit