I think that is good as it gets- I hope that DP is not the 1st name on the team sheet as the current and previous managers have implied- just do not know what has happened to him.?

Kean did really well at Port Vale so hope he can have another recovery over the next few.

Hopefully Murphy on for a time with Wilkinson can make an impact over a full game just hope we use his abilities sensibly not launch it up him.

Worrying, no bite in midfield, no natural leader on the pitch. Coming up agains an MK Dons side who beat us by 7 when we had a stronger side than we have now.

Could be a cricket score, then again this is Latics in a very Jekyl and Hyde season, could win by 7. Who knows.

Pretty much picks itself. Brian Wilson and Philliskirk don't deserve to start.

Kean

Brown

Kusunga

Dieng

Sadler

Winchester

Jones

Woodland

Forte

Murphy

Wilkinson

In all seriousness, when you consider all our injuries, that's not a bad side to put out at all. I wouldn't be surprised if our skipper makes a miraculous recovery in time for Tuesday...

Given we have so many out that side looks reasonable (I accept it will lack a bit of leadership). It does prove however that when all fit that was not a bad squad, a point we all agreed on earlier in the season. Feels like we are in the 'perfect storm' just now.

The way we've been since after Rochdale away, why don't we accept that we're poor at the back so go after teams and try to out score them? Would much rather watch us lose 4-3 5-4 etc than play X1 up top and lose 3-0 4-0. Just tell tell to out score everyone! At least then it'll be entertaining......!

It's centre-back where the worry is....

And our midfielders aren't the best in the air.

We just have to ensure we don't concede any set pieces - then we might have a chance!

Simple instruction, attack the ball instead of watching it, or is that asking too much?

We just have to ensure we don't concede any set pieces - then we might have a chance!

Stop giving away stupid free kicks and corners would be one way of avoiding the shortcomings.

I dunno, the new lad didn't seem to lose a header all game.

Worrying, no bite in midfield, no natural leader on the pitch. Coming up agains an MK Dons side who beat us by 7 when we had a stronger side than we have now.

Could be a cricket score, then again this is Latics in a very Jekyl and Hyde season, could win by 7. Who knows.

I think that is about the one result I am absolutely certain about not occurring

Still applies today;

" Football is a game that lasts only 90 minutes, no matter how good you are one week and how bad you are the next.

The next game is entirely different, and you must have a 100% positive attitude"

Jimmy Frizzell.

Pin it up on the dressing room wall Deano.

Am worrried by DH's comment "The Lads Will Be Self Motivated Tomorrow" becasue they should have been for Barnsley, and work needs to be done for MK game that there realstically is not the chance to do.

It's a meaningless soundbite.

Kean

Brown

Kusunga

Dieng

Sadler

Winchester

Jones

Kelly

Forte

Philiskirk

Wilkinson

Coleman

Woodland (did well on Saturday but I can't fit him in so on the bench)

Truelove

Turner

Tuohy

Bove

Mellor

Kelly is injured. So it will pretty much be that team but woodland for kelly.

Considering the players we have out injured, it's not the worst looking 11 we've had over the years!

I thought we did alright going forward against Barnsley in a bizarre kind of way but seeing as nobody else has mentioned it I thought it must have just been me.

Looking at the stats though we had 11 shots, 5 on target and 7 corners.

At Yeovil we had 16, 5 on target, 6 corners.

At Orient we had 13 shots.

Going back to the 3-0 v Notts County, our last "dominant" performance we had 15 with 7 on target and 3 corners.

Interesting, in Holden's only win so far against Vale we only had 6 shots with 3 on target with 13 corners..

Against Preston we were restricted to 4, but MK Dons were restricted to 8 against them...

In Bristol City's last 5 of which they won four and drew one 0-0 they had 17,15,8,8 & 13 shots - not massively different to us.

MK Dons have won one, drawn one and lost 3 in their last 5 having 10, 8, 10, 23! (v Coventry who had 4 and they lost) and 13 shots.

Maybe all is not as bad as it seems and this is nowhere near the foregone conclusion that Barnsley's win was?

And Barnsley's win was still fortunate for them despite how poor we were in many respects......

I thought we did alright going forward against Barnsley in a bizarre kind of way but seeing as nobody else has mentioned it I thought it must have just been me.

Looking at the stats though we had 11 shots, 5 on target and 7 corners.

At Yeovil we had 16, 5 on target, 6 corners.

At Orient we had 13 shots.

Going back to the 3-0 v Notts County, our last "dominant" performance we had 15 with 7 on target and 3 corners.

Interesting, in Holden's only win so far against Vale we only had 6 shots with 3 on target with 13 corners..

Against Preston we were restricted to 4, but MK Dons were restricted to 8 against them...

In Bristol City's last 5 of which they won four and drew one 0-0 they had 17,15,8,8 & 13 shots - not massively different to us.

MK Dons have won one, drawn one and lost 3 in their last 5 having 10, 8, 10, 23! (v Coventry who had 4 and they lost) and 13 shots.

Maybe all is not as bad as it seems and this is nowhere near the foregone conclusion that Barnsley's win was?

And Barnsley's win was still fortunate for them despite how poor we were in many respects......

Despite all the stats Harry what I see are no goal poachers, not enough crosses and defenders who don't attack the ball.