OWTB Prediction League 2015/16

Stevie_J

Update:

With 33 players, prizes are as follows:
League champion - £82.50
League runner-up - £41.25
Cup winner - £41.25

Donations of £76.78 made to both Dr Kershaw's and Latics Playershare. Thanks to everyone who has entered. :chubb:

---

Game on! Most of you know how it works but there are a few changes for this season, so read on...

Basic Set-up
There will be a Subscription Prediction League with a £10 entry fee and a separate Free-to-Play Prediction League for those who, for whatever reason, do not wish to take part in the Subscription league.

The £10 fee must be paid on or before 8 August for entry into the Subscription league.

There will be a separate prediction thread for each fixture, for each of the two leagues.

The Cup
The Subscription league will include a cup competition, providing there are over 16 players, starting on 3 January 2015. The cup fixtures will be confirmed, once we have established the number of players. Players will be drawn against each other and their scores for a particular fixture will dictate who progresses to the next round. In the event of a draw, there will be a replay taken from the prediction in the next available game. In the event of another draw, the predictor with the closest attendance prediction in the replay will progress. In the very unlikely event that they remain tied, we will draw lots.

Subscription Prediction League Rules
Subscription League rules are as follows:

• Players must pay £10 by PayPal to stevie_j@owtb.co.uk before 3pm on 8th August 2015, providing me with your OWTB username in the comments box. PayPal link below:

pixel.gif

Or you can PM me to arrange a bank transfer.

• I'll post a list of participants in a thread in the prediction league forum (Subscription League Line-Up 2015/16), so if you pay and don't appear in that list, please shout and we'll try to figure out what's gone amiss.

• The total fees will be distributed as follows:

Half to be used as a prize fund to be divided: 50% to the league winner; 25% to the league runner up and 25% to the cup winner.

The other half, minus any fees, to be split equally as donations to PlayerShare and Dr Kershaw's Hospice.

• Players must predict the half-time score; the full-time score; first Latics goalscorer and the match attendance.

e.g. Rochdale 0-1 Latics (HT 0-0) - Forte - 3,331

Please keep the predictions in this format - it makes Bristolatic's life a lot easier.

• Scoring works as follows (changes to past seasons' scoring are shown in red):

Correct result (i.e. W,L or D) +2pts
Correct no. of goals for Latics +1pt;
Correct no. of goals for opposition +1pt;
Correct full-time score +2pts;
Correct half-time score +2pts;
First scorer +3pts;
Within 100 of attendance +3pts;

Within 10 of attendance +5pts;
Exact attendance +20pts;

• No 'first goalscorer' points will be awarded if there is no goalscorer (even if you predict no goalscorer).
  • All league games (but not cup games) will count in the Prediction League competition.
  • Predictions must be submitted by 10 minutes before the stated kick-off time.  Any predictons posted or edited after this time will not count.
  • Players must post their predictions in the correct thread for those predictions to count - Bristolatic can't reasonably be expected to check whether predictions have been put in the wrong place. Predictions posted in the incorrect thread will not count.
  • In the event that a player posts more than one prediction for the same fixture, the first submitted prediction will be taken as that player's entry.
  • For the avoidance of doubt, players cannot predict Latics to score in their result prediction and 'no scorer' in their scorer prediction for the same fixture. Likewise, players cannot predict that Latics will not score and name a first scorer. Nor can players predict a half-time score which does not align with the full time score (e.g. Latics to be 1-0 up at half-time and Latics to lose 1-0). Each full prediction should be fully-formed and be a possible outcome of the match. Any predictions submitted which are contrary to this rule will not be counted.

If you believe that there has been an error in scoring up predictions, please PM Bristolatic and/or me, rather than posting on the forums and we will look into it.

For the Subscription League only, there will be one other new aspect this season.  Predictors will each predit in this thread the three teams winning promotion from League One in the coming season (5pts for each correct team), the four teams to be relegated (5pts for each correct team) and Latics' final league position (10pts).

Please sign up, if you have a spare tenner. The more players we have, the more interesting it gets in terms of prizes, a cup competition, etc. and the more PlayerShare and Dr Kershaw's stand to benefit too.

Free-to-Play Prediction League
For the Free-to-Play, please post in the correct thread and rules are as above, save for those relating to fees and prizes. The winner of the Free-to-Play league will win the player name of their choice on their OWTB profile. Please note, there will be no cup competition in the Free-to-Play competition.

Any problems, give me a shout by PM or email. Cheers.

As always, massive thanks to Bristolatic for his continued support and effort with this, without which it just wouldn't work.

Edited by Stevie_J

In as usual. Intend to make an effort this year.

Should everyone who was involved last year not have bonus points for fair play? Apart from one person of course.

I think it's time we moved on and let him put his misdemeanours behind him. The boy has a right to try and get his predicting back on track. [/barry]

We'll be testing his piss frequently throughout the coming season.

Could I motion a minor amendment to the scoring system for attendance prediction?

Within 100 = 3 points

Within 50 = 5 points

Within 10 = 8 points

Bang on = 10 points

Are you trying to upset Bristol, although i would think 5 points within 10 may be a better shout.

The situation is this: you're desperate for me to play because you know the competition isn't really anything without its History and players like me.

All you need to do is show me some love. Ball's in your court.

Just drumming my fingers waiting.

Could I motion a minor amendment to the scoring system for attendance prediction?

Within 100 = 3 points

Within 50 = 5 points

Within 10 = 8 points

Bang on = 10 points

Are you trying to upset Bristol, although i would think 5 points within 10 may be a better shout.

Motion opposed.

Within 100 = 3 points

Within 50 = 5 points

Within 10 = 8 points

Bang on = 10 points

I've considered this in the past and i think it's something Bristol and I have discussed in previous years. The thing is that the attendance part is already a bit of a ballache as it is, in terms of scoring; this would make it worse. I'll wait Bristol's opinion on this, since he's the numbers chief.

I've considered this in the past and i think it's something Bristol and I have discussed in previous years. The thing is that the attendance part is already a bit of a ballache as it is, in terms of scoring; this would make it worse. I'll wait Bristol's opinion on this, since he's the numbers chief.

I agree. I beg to move a motion to strip attendance out altogether.

The thing is that the attendance part is already a bit of a ballache as it is, in terms of scoring

Pfft. For all my shonkiness, I did at least have a straightforward "plug and play" spreadsheet set up with all the necessary calcs.