Stevie J - I think you better reopen the Postman's thread

Shows :

1. The poor standard of journalism when it uses a self confessed "banter" posting as its source

2. That there'll be more such postings as those who seek attention see that they are getting it

Edited by LaticsPete

And continuing from the previous thread...

That depends wether you believe that we have had no reasonsable offers for J.Wilson yet or not, we didnt play hard ball when he wanted Forte did we?

We ALLEGEDLY didn't play hard ball when he wanted Forte. I've not seen anything much to indicate that that was anything less made up than the latest rumours.

I'm not saying we are anywhere near great in the transfer markets, but relying on the bull flying around the internet (which is pretty much all sauce-less fans like me have to go on) is not a reliable basis for making a judgement. And that's not any intended indictment or insult to you in particular.

Also, the grass is always greener.

UPDATE: The Quote above should refer to OAFCM35's post from 13th Aug 3:34pm. The darn thing let me edit it then changed it all back when I posted it, and now won't let me change it, ho hum!!

Edited by bpmarko

And continuing from the previous thread...

We ALLEGEDLY didn't play hard ball when he wanted Forte. I've not seen anything much to indicate that that was anything less made up than the latest rumours.

I'm not saying we are anywhere near great in the transfer markets, but relying on the bull flying around the internet (which is pretty much all sauce-less fans like me have to go on) is not a reliable basis for making a judgement. And that's not any intended indictment or insult to you in particular.

Also, the grass is always greener.

UPDATE: The Quote above should refer to OAFCM35's post from 13th Aug 3:34pm. The darn thing let me edit it then changed it all back when I posted it, and now won't let me change it, ho hum!!

Well you can beleive that we do play hard ball and I beleive that we dont, you say that you have seen nothing to suggest that we dont play hard ball, well ive seen nothing to suggest we do..

I base my judgement on the fact we never appear to be holding on to our best players or at least trying to hold on to them when other clubs are knocking at the door. I fully expect we make our money by getting players in that need a bit of work apply abit of fine tuning and move them on, I just feel sometimes that we can sell ourselves short.

Well you can beleive that we do play hard ball and I beleive that we dont, you say that you have seen nothing to suggest that we dont play hard ball, well ive seen nothing to suggest we do..

I base my judgement on the fact we never appear to be holding on to our best players or at least trying to hold on to them when other clubs are knocking at the door. I fully expect we make our money by getting players in that need a bit of work apply abit of fine tuning and move them on, I just feel sometimes that we can sell ourselves short.

I'm not saying you are particularly wrong, but do bear in mind we've lost no players at all so far this year, so maybe that can count as potential evidence that we are standing our ground. Unfortunately though, we are and will be a selling club at least for the foreseeable future, so I will be hoping for the transfer window to slam shut as soon as possible!!

I'm not saying you are particularly wrong, but do bear in mind we've lost no players at all so far this year, so maybe that can count as potential evidence that we are standing our ground. Unfortunately though, we are and will be a selling club at least for the foreseeable future, so I will be hoping for the transfer window to slam shut as soon as possible!!

I'm thinking that no one leaving thus far could be the board showing a degree of comitment to the new manager but on the other hand there been nothing to suggest that we've rejected bids either.. fingers crossed when the window.shuts our squad still as strong as it is now Edited by OAFCM35

The downside to this nonsense, is that it will do nothing to lessen the onslaught.

On the plus side, hopefully the blagger (can't call them a journalist) will see that it was self confessed for a lugh and ignore from now on so less credence.

"I've always had a dim view of the level of tabloid journalism, but this is truly astounding. Words fail me ...."

And that in itself is journalistic hyperbole as words obviously don't fail you... :)

How very dare you, comparing me to a tabloid journalist, surely that's a worse personal insult than got the first thread shut down!

However, your pedantry is wrong in that, as denoted by the ellipsis [plus an additional dot for good measure, to avoid any more pedantry]) ending to my post, I clearly had more that I could have said but left it unsaid. Otherwise, if you look at speech before the "Words fail me" phrase, it could never be possibly true as everyone has said something before they said the words. It's what is (not) said afterwards that the phrase refers to.

And before anyone says, I have since recovered my composure, obviously! :shifty: