Winchester.....

Poll added 13th October 2015  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Would we amass more points with or without Carl Winchester at RM/CM for the rest of the season?

• More points with him in the side
    • More points without him in the side

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the only way to fit Winchester in, like Baxter and like Philli, is to play a 4-3-1-2 with said type of player bring the one behind the two. With two up top, enough space is left in 'the hole'.

I do think Phili would be okay as one of the two strikers as well, though, if he has someone in the hole intelligent enough to provide good through balls to him and Poleon or Forte, for example.

Philliskirk hasn't got pace but he can read the game really well - hence he gets into positions to be able to get plenty of shots away and anticipated the flick-on to score v Fleetwood etc

He's no world beater but I'm embarrassed at the stick he's getting when so many of his team mates are flattering to deceive and performing more poorly than him.

As if people are actually trying to make an argument for Philly over Winchester. The same lot who wanted to drop Daniel Johnson for not running around enough. I'd rather have a player who's in and out of games who can create a moment of brilliance then somebody who runs around and creates very little. On the strength argument how many times do we see philliskirk bundled off the ball? Quite a lot is the answer

Edited by SavageTheBeast

As if people are actually trying to make an argument for Philly over Winchester. The same lot who wanted to drop Daniel Johnson for not running around enough. I'd rather have a player who's in and out of games who can create a moment of brilliance then somebody who runs around and creates very little. On the strength argument how many times do we see philliskirk bundled off the ball? Quite a lot is the answer

Normally trying his trademark 'turn with back to goal and fall over' move.

I don't think that Palmer1 or even IceStationLatic and most certainly not I, wanted Daniel Johnson dropping because he didn't run around enough!

Stick to the facts Savage or just don't post such inaccuracies. There are some on here who get easily confused with claims such as these

Some did claim Philly was a better No 10 than Johnson which I think goes someway to proving my point that we have got used to watching some :censored: in recent years.

Some did claim Philly was a better No 10 than Johnson which I think goes someway to proving my point that we have got used to watching some :censored: in recent years.

I'm not sure this is true. I think the view was that Johnson unbalanced the team, and whilst he was individually fantastic, we went through a pretty poor spell with him in the team (I think, can't be arsed checking).

I'm not sure this is true. I think the view was that Johnson unbalanced the team, and whilst he was individually fantastic, we went through a pretty poor spell with him in the team (I think, can't be arsed checking).

He did have poor games (MK) being up there with the worst but the quality he had was outstanding, those type of players tend to drift in and out of games but are well worth the entrance fee alone when on song.

He did have poor games (MK) being up there with the worst but the quality he had was outstanding, those type of players tend to drift in and out of games but are well worth the entrance fee alone when on song.

Get with the programme - we want a team of trustworthy 110%-ers running around being consistently :censored: week in, week out....

It's difficult to say that, we were very good at Sheffield United and Rochdale with him in the side. His last four games were in that crazy December and it's hard to pin that on him.

Harry, it is physically impossible for any player to give 110% whether they are trustworthy or not. Or :censored: or not!

An 110% improvenent on their last performances would help.

Edited by BP1960

He was very good today. Best first touch of anyone at the club but was :censored:ed 80 mins onwards

It would have been a shock if he wasn't playing in midfield with 10 men after hardly appearing for months. I do think he's had some fitness issues but I'd not hold today against him

Absolutely superb in the first half. His first touch was sublime at times. It is great to see him playing without the extra defensive responsiblity as his first thought was to look forward, which is refreshing to see after Doncaster. Got into some great positions in 'the hole' and his cross for Poleon (who looked shocked to see it fall to him) was brilliant.

Quieter in the second half but nice to see Dunny put faith in him and has to start in the same role next week.

He was average against Walsall (who could well get promotion) and Boro (who will win the Championship) but wasn't poor IMO. Something seemed to go wrong behind the scenes for the lad. Didn't have the chance to take his opportunity at Donny due to negative tactics but that role today is made for the lad. One negative for me is that he did have the chance to run at his man 1on1 a few times and looked to pass; I would like to see him back his running ability a little more. Excellent late runs into the box though and his shot won the corner for the goal. Well done lad.

He was average against Walsall (who could well get promotion) and Boro (who will win the Championship) but wasn't poor IMO. Something seemed to go wrong behind the scenes for the lad. Didn't have the chance to take his opportunity at Donny due to negative tactics but that role today is made for the lad. One negative for me is that he did have the chance to run at his man 1on1 a few times and looked to pass; I would like to see him back his running ability a little more. Excellent late runs into the box though and his shot won the corner for the goal. Well done lad.

I think the plan was to curb the "mazy" runs, pass the ball quicker and lose the defensive duties.

It worked, well played.