New Manager?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't Redfearn have been better watching Doncaster then so he knows the squad he's taking on rather than the opposition he'd be playing.

If I was about to take over Doncaster, I'd be watching Doncaster.

He might be compiling an 100 page dossier on us he can use at either interview.

Edited by BP1960

The statement from the club indicates name is already known, and not a cutent coaching staff.

Options:

Redfern - seen at a few games, decent albeit limited experience and a history with the fans that buy him time.

Dunn - notably today seemed to be regularly looking to the bench for their help and assistance in marshaing and influencing the game. In experienced again but a clear footballing brain, a name and therefore has contacts, and cheap.

Scholes - long shot. But there is a post today about him missing the coaching part of the game. Massive name, bringing interest and probably financial support as a result. A "fan" as well (debated obviously) but would have backing of most fans.

Holden - cheap. Nothing else positive to say.

Sheridan / Dickov - experienced and relatively successful at last clubs. Not a fan of going back.

A.N.Other - presumably a previous applicant. Difficult to sell this as they were overlooked for DK.

Place your bets...

I didn't really pay much attention to how he did at Leeds, but I know he was highly rated as their academy manager, and heard he left with a lot of kudos for the job he did in the face of working for that loon chairman.

Would be quite happy with this on the surface if it's happening. Young, ambitious and experience of managing a big club in the league above, albeit briefly. Could be a good fit, especially with the goodwill he rightly has here. Hopefully his style of play as a manager will match that of his playing days.

I didn't really pay much attention to how he did at Leeds, but I know he was highly rated as their academy manager, and heard he left with a lot of kudos for the job he did in the face of working for that loon chairman.

Would be quite happy with this on the surface if it's happening. Young, ambitious and experience of managing a big club in the league above, albeit briefly. Could be a good fit, especially with the goodwill he rightly has here. Hopefully his style of play as a manager will match that of his playing days.

He's 50, not that young

Redfern ? not for me, very short spell in charge at Leeds, filled in a few times and from what I can remember plays very defensive football, could we get away with that type of football with the current defence. Mills was very poor for me today, but most of the team were saying that. If I had a choice I would try get Phill Brown, or Steve Thompson at Preston. Like others though I have heard it's already been decided who it is going to be, but who ?

Redfern ? not for me, very short spell in charge at Leeds, filled in a few times and from what I can remember plays very defensive football, could we get away with that type of football with the current defence. Mills was very poor for me today, but most of the team were saying that. If I had a choice I would try get Phill Brown, or Steve Thompson at Preston. Like others though I have heard it's already been decided who it is going to be, but who ?

why would Brown leave his current job?

Just noticed he's played for 20 clubs and managed at 5 (albeit some as caretaker), his CV will be quite lengthy.

From Wiki;

Redfearn quit Bradford Park Avenue in March 2007, joining Northern Premier League First Division rivals Stocksbridge Park Steels,[19] but left on 19 June to become manager of Conference side Northwich Victoria.[20] He resigned on 17 September 2007, after the club only managed one point from their first nine games, leaving them bottom of theConference National.[21]

It shows reasonable success can be achieved after a bad start.

Edited by BP1960

"very short spell in charge at Leeds"

Sorry going to have to bite at this.

Google "Massimo Cellino" then take into account that out of the 4 (!) managers they had last season he lasted by far the longest.

Also I know he just got Southend promoted but I think Brown did a good job last year with the squad he had rather than a great one, the football was very defensive too. Then again I despise the bloke so I'm pretty biased!