Loan Players In General

Can't be bothered looking up the rules but we will have presumably three or four loanees in he starting line up on Saturday. Don't find it easy to get excited about watching a team with so many other club's players in it.

The two rumoured strikers - Brandy and Best - are free agents so would be our players.....

Can't be bothered looking up the rules but we will have presumably three or four loanees in he starting line up on Saturday. Don't find it easy to get excited about watching a team with so many other club's players in it.

Never understood this, once they come here they play for us. They're just not here for as long as contracted players. If they're decent then surely you get excited about them playing for us?

The two rumoured strikers - Brandy and Best - are free agents so would be our players.....

Didn't there used to be a player for west ham called ade Coke?

That would have been a good strike force

Brandy and Coke

Edited by stevesidg

If we sign Best and he plays in the same team as Dunn then we will have two players who's previous transfer fees combined exceeds £12m - Dunn being £7.7m and Best £5m. Who would have thought it? Are these are two most "expensive" players ever?

Best was on £30k a week last season - I doubt we could pay him more 10% of that

Never understood this, once they come here they play for us. They're just not here for as long as contracted players. If they're decent then surely you get excited about them playing for us?

If they do well they go back, if they do badly they jut cause resentment. We have no choice but to play the system but I hate it

i dont suppose it matters how many we have if the 11 players wearing the latics shirt win a game its oldham athletic who gets the points. and lets be honest if we ever got promoted with 6 loan players on the team no one would give a toss

The league would, as we're only allow 5 loan players in our match day squad.

And back I retreat to my pedant cave...

If their season long loans or it looks like the loan could become permanent then I'm fine with it, but I hope we don't follow a similar path to Carlisle a couple of years back where they relied majorly on loanees, ending the season having used over 50 separate players as they were relegated.

If their season long loans or it looks like the loan could become permanent then I'm fine with it, but I hope we don't follow a similar path to Carlisle a couple of years back where they relied majorly on loanees, ending the season having used over 50 separate players as they were relegated.

Statto challenge - highest number of players we have used in a season?

Totally agree. It contributes to the general malaise about football at our level. Twenty odd years ago you generally had a team which didn't change much and built up a connection to the players. Now the team changes every two months, loan signing after loan signing.

Agreed, the loan and acadamy systems have been a shambles, even Premier club managers don't like how it's developed.

They've not made the commitment to come here permanently like contracted players though. For what that's worth.

Regarding the original post - a team full of loanees is indeed :censored:e.

I was optimistic coming into the season partly because, for once, we could start a strong 11 of actual contracted Oldham players.

Tomorrow, or soon, we might well have the full compliment of permitted loanees starting

Taylor wouldn't be your average loannee though..