FT: Doncaster Rovers 1 Oldham Athletic 1

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't quite believe we loaned out the goalscorer and MotM last week, without replacing him.

Did Philliskirk partner Poleon up front? Neither are strikers, for me. Ludicrous decision.

Poleon was up top on his own. Our tactics where to play balls into the channels to him all game. The odd time the ball was half decent and he got to it he would turn and have no support.

Philliskirk, can someone please tell me what he actually does, he is neither a midfielder or a forward, totally ineffective, never wins an header and slows any forward play down to a stop. Totally mystifying how he makes the first eleven.

Philli is a utility player who can play several positions. He is never brilliant but never really terrible.

Where did you hear about Mills?

Didn't Winchester start? Problem solved... Oh wait

Can't quite believe we loaned out the goalscorer and MotM last week, without replacing him.

Did Philliskirk partner Poleon up front? Neither are strikers, for me. Ludicrous decision.

Both are strikers.

Philli can play more than one position though but joined Chelsea as a striker

We paid money for Poleon as a striker...

not that ludicrous to pick them there

Poleon was up top on his own. Our tactics where to play balls into the channels to him all game. The odd time the ball was half decent and he got to it he would turn and have no support.

It makes no sense. That midfield was pretty attacking. Philliskirk, Winchester, Jones, Croft and Yeates are all capable going forwards. Clearly inhibited, or happy to be comfortable doing what is easy.

I hope the knives are equally as protruded after Dunn's first 7 games, if it's as poor as today sounded.

With the signings during the week and the unbalanced nature of the squad, I'm guessing that Dunn isn't done in the transfer market. So while I'm unhappy with the way he's got the job in the first place, I'm going to give him a few games to get the team that he wants. Hopefully we improve game by game.

It makes no sense. That midfield was pretty attacking. Philliskirk, Winchester, Jones, Croft and Yeates are all capable going forwards. Clearly inhibited, or happy to be comfortable doing what is easy.

I hope the knives are equally as protruded after Dunn's first 7 games, if it's as poor as today sounded.

I have to ask..

Why do you hope the knives are out for Dunn after 7 games when clearly Kelly was sacked for off field issues as well as poor form.

If Dunn loses 2 of his first 7 but buys his own players and 'manages' ypthings properly which bupy all accounts DK didn't why would you want him gone?

With the signings during the week and the unbalanced nature of the squad, I'm guessing that Dunn isn't done in the transfer market. So while I'm unhappy with the way he's got the job in the first place, I'm going to give him a few games to get the team that he wants. Hopefully we improve game by game.

Spot on! If a striker isn't signed next week then questions rightly should be asked but until then after a 5-1 twatting at home a draw at Donny isn't to bad....is it?

What the :censored: am I missing?

The Mills stuff will come out in wash, how he can be dropped in favour of the footballer Connor Brown is actually quite worrying and adds to the confusion I have over the Dunn love in. Bottom by the end of October is my prediction and Wigan will batter us next week.

You posted it so cough up!

look at me, look at me, no don't look at me as I wont say....

Without doubt the most insipid, boring, mind-numbingly frustrating 90 minutes I've seen since the Penney days.

I've felt better leaving an away day getting beat. That's how :censored: that was.

£23 and all.

And they're :censored:ing :censored: too.

Basically this.

At least the bar was ok.

Spot on! If a striker isn't signed next week then questions rightly should be asked but until then after a 5-1 twatting at home a draw at Donny isn't to bad....is it?

What the :censored: am I missing?

Its fair enough apart from the sending Turner & Murphy out. Can only suppose that someone was lined up but it didn't happen. Letting them both go before it had happened, if that was the case, doesn't smack of genius.

You posted it so cough up!

look at me, look at me, no don't look at me as I

wont say....

I have coughed up and I have said, Dunn doesnt like Coleman or Mills, its no secret at the club and both are Dunns fall guys and the players he referred to earlier in the week who were too comfortable, its all well and good if you replace them with better but Cornell and Brown where both :censored:e.

Its fair enough apart from the sending Turner & Murphy out. Can only suppose that someone was lined up but it didn't happen. Letting them both go before it had happened, if dthat was the case, doesn't smack of genius.

Yeah I'm assuming we jumped the gun which is stupid but I'd be amazed if we don't have 1 or 2 strikers in next week

I have coughed up and I have said, Dunn doesnt like Coleman or Mills, its no secret at the club and both are Dunns fall guys and the players he referred to earlier in the week who were too comfortable, its all well and good if you replace them with better but Cornell and Brown where both :censored:e.

If its no secret how is it you seem to be the only one to know that he is training with the kids because Dunn thinks he's soft?

Brown is always :censored:e and Cornell improved and last weeks keeping performance didn't he?

All you seem to do is post negative :censored:e with little teasers that you are in the know.

If you are then explain why Mills was not only dropped but was training with the kids because of 'Dunn the hardman' which suggests you probably are friends with either Mills or Coleman

I guess Winchester isn't the answer after all?

Edited by palmer1

All the sources on here and that's the first I've heard of it.

Without doubt the most insipid, boring, mind-numbingly frustrating 90 minutes I've seen since the Penney days.

I've felt better leaving an away day getting beat. That's how :censored: that was.

£23 and all.

And they're :censored:ing :censored: too.

This sums it up better than I ever could

If its no secret how is it you seem to be the only one to know that he is training with the kids because Dunn thinks he's soft?

Brown is always :censored:e and Cornell improved and last weeks keeping performance didn't he?

All you seem to do is post negative :censored:e with little teasers that you are in the know.

If you are then explain why Mills was not only dropped but was training with the kids.If you are then explain why Mills was not only dropped but was training with the kids because of 'Dunn the hardman' which suggests you probably are friends with either Mills or Coleman

I guess Winchester isn't the answer after all?

You do realise Doncaster had one shot on target and we conceded it?

How is that an improvement by Cornell on last week?

As for my negative comments they match the coaching set ups tactics.

Edited by yarddog73

In Dunns interviews he intimated he was going to play that formation and wanted to be hard to beat rather than play attacking football so don't get why people are surprised.

He blatantly has people lined up to come in but just couldn't get it done in the few days he had before today's game.