FT: Doncaster Rovers 1 Oldham Athletic 1

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to ask..

Why do you hope the knives are out for Dunn after 7 games when clearly Kelly was sacked for off field issues as well as poor form.

If Dunn loses 2 of his first 7 but buys his own players and 'manages' ypthings properly which bupy all accounts DK didn't why would you want him gone?

Was he sacked for off the field issues?

You do realise Doncaster had one shot on target and we conceded it?

How is that an improvement by Cornell on last week?

As for my negative comments they match the coaching set ups tactics.

Coleman conceded 5

Cornell conceded 1

You do the maths?

Didn't Donny hit the bar twice? I bet Cornell had them covered and he must have organised the defence better if they didn't have many shots... Communication :)

Edited by palmer1

The Mills stuff will come out in wash, how he can be dropped in favour of the footballer Connor Brown is actually quite worrying and adds to the confusion I have over the Dunn love in. Bottom by the end of October is my prediction and Wigan will batter us next week.

Only a guess but it could be Dunn wasn't impressed with Mills gobbing off at Kelly during the Peterborough game. Kelly said something to Mills who then responded angrily. Not content with that he turned around and gave Kelly another gob full. If that is the reason then Dunn has got it spot on. Mills needs to grow up.

I have to ask..

Why do you hope the knives are out for Dunn after 7 games when clearly Kelly was sacked for off field issues as well as poor form.

If Dunn loses 2 of his first 7 but buys his own players and 'manages' ypthings properly which bupy all accounts DK didn't why would you want him gone?

What were these 'off the field issues' that you're privy to? The sectarian thing? That was long forgotten.

Dunn has played with this team and will know things Kelly didn't, plus he is likely to have much more support from the board. I will be judging him on the same merit as Kelly.

As for strikers. Philly isn't one - just watch him to see that - and Poleon may have been bought with the idea of converting him in mind, but at Leeds he was a winger, and his best spell here was as a winger.

£23 To watch that was terrible, as said Cornell was flapping at anything which came near him kicked every ball out of play. I think leaving Mills out might not be a bad thing might make him pull his finger as he has been playing poor, can't see making him train with the youth will do much but piss him off even more, poor management for me. Winnie still not got in to the swing of things for me, side back passing never forward. I did thing they played a lot more balls over the top for Poleon to run on to which is when he is at his best but the balls were poor and no support when he did get it. The running off the ball is dire players just stand and wait for the ball, run in to space ffs.. Hard to pick anyone out to be our man of the match but if pushed I would have to say Philly as he all ways puts a shift in.

going forward what worries me is that liam kelly and jake cassidy will have huge pressure on them when they return. We are a poorer side without kelly its clear to see. Also if it dosnt work out with dunn because apprantly he is "interim" and we replace him we will be on 3rd manager for the season. The new man could struggle to arrest the downturn. I cant belive we let the two rhys's go without a replacement in the door first shocking that. We also havnt had a good 90mins yet maybe with bury being closest.

On the flip side we have lost the same amount of games as top of the league. With liam kelly back soon and a couple of good results and all will be rosey.

I'm still struggling to understand why Dunn is our Manager just as much as I did the Kelly appointment.

We needed Dunn on the pitch not standing on the sideline trying to figure out why our below average league 1 squad is incapable of having more than a couple of shots on target per game.

We've all become desperate to get out of this division.....careful what you wish for, this could be the season.

We did alright I thought. Got lucky with the fact that Doncaster couldn't finish - especially N'Guessan - but probably deserved the draw.

Brown was much better than last week, and it's no surprise that we got a result with Jones and Croft playing.

Where do I apply to live on your planet?

Edited by HarryBosch

Just watched Dunn's pre and post match interviews for the first time on LP. There were some good bits and bad bits from him but something that was clear was his intention to grind out a result today. I feel for the fans who went and were disappointed by us not taking the game to a side that were struggling like ourselves, but I can totally understand Dunn's mentality for his first game as a manager following on from a heavy defeat for the team the week before. At least he didn't promise something he couldn't deliver.

The other thing that was clear was that we are in the market for strikers this coming week.

I hope and expect performances to improve over the next month or so, but I think it's positive that Dunn isn't :censored:ing about and is changing what he feels needs to change immediately.

Just watched Dunn's pre and post match interviews for the first time on LP. There were some good bits and bad bits from him but something that was clear was his intention to grind out a result today. I feel for the fans who went and were disappointed by us not taking the game to a side that were struggling like ourselves, but I can totally understand Dunn's mentality for his first game as a manager following on from a heavy defeat for the team the week before. At least he didn't promise something he couldn't deliver.

Fair enough not being gung ho from the off but, not attacking (especially at the end) when they were blowing out of their arses and there for the taking was very, very odd...

I guess Turner and Muphy went out last week because the two clubs concerned wanted them, and we may have been stuck with one of them if it hadn't happened. Dunn says there will be a few players coming in next week and there will be centre forwards. So perhaps today we set up not to lose. We will see what difference the new players have next week. If one of them is Best then he's not going to be match fit for a while.

Kelly's off field matters will be his inability to bring in players, and to decide which ones needed to go.

The other thing that was clear was that we are in the market for strikers this coming week.

I hope and expect performances to improve over the next month or so, but I think it's positive that Dunn isn't :censored:ing about and is changing what he feels needs to change immediately.

Dead right.

New coach has only been in situ for a week, Forte and Kelly to come back, Eckersley and Fulton will come in, at least one striker,

This outpouring of woe after every game we don't win is getting a bit daft.

A big criticism of Kelly was his interviews... Can't say I've seen anything from Dunn that improves on his predecessor. Lots of Erms Erms Erms and to be quite frank come across as quite thick... That said Sheridan wasn't the greatest in front of the camera and was even as honest to say "we were :censored:" on one interview! But where Dunn and Kelly have been identical so far is to tell us how great the players are in training... Wish we got points for that because I'm sorry, stop telling us that and get them doing it when it matters