FT: Doncaster Rovers 1 Oldham Athletic 1

Did Dun galvanize us? 5-1 home loss to 1-1 away draw - I would say so

why wouldnt it galvanise Donny aswell? same situation?

both teams appoint a new manager who has never managed before, Both are poor form, both near the bottom of the league - what is the difference? why should we be beating them and not the other way round?

who was there for the takeing?

I didnt say i was happy I said it was satisfactory.

Did you go?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't a performance to be satisfied with but nor did it plumb the depths of what had happened the week before - at least they weren't knocking each other over this time out. To be fair to Dunn, he had primed us to say that that we were going there to try and maintain a 'shape' (which usually means that we're setting our stall out to contain first and foremost, although we were fortunate to survive a couple of scrambles in our six yard box after some defensive buffoonery. If that was the long term direction then I'd hope the club would reconsider their plans to close the new bar in the North Stand when the game kicks off. They could even close the blinds to get round any legal restrictions.

However, with the proactive changes that Dunn is trying to make on the playing staff front and a few more hours on the training ground, I'm hopeful he'll be looking to improve us as an attacking unit in the next couple games. (or, at least, he better had do)

But you somehow know better than those of us who did?

I don't need to go to know its an acceptable result from a new manager in his first game away from home after a 5-1 defeat at home in the last game. I feel sorry for you if you had to go all that way and still can't figure that out.

Acceptable performance maybe not I didn't go so can't comment and I haven't

Acceptable result after the last 2 weeks. Yes absolutely!

All those who don't think that a 1-1 draw at Donny is acceptable after last week please explain properly why not...

I think I've covered 'they were there for the taking' already. Its a standard post on here when the knives are out and it bollocks as it works both ways especially at the moment.

I don't need to go to know its an acceptable result from a new manager in his first game away from home after a 5-1 defeat at home in the last game. I feel sorry for you if you had to go all that way and still can't figure that out.

Acceptable performance maybe not I didn't go so can't comment and I haven't

Acceptable result after the last 2 weeks. Yes absolutely!

All those who don't think that a 1-1 draw at Donny is acceptable after last week please explain properly why not...

I think I've covered 'they were there for the taking' already. Its a standard post on here when the knives are out and it bollocks as it works both ways especially at the moment.

It's not the result that pissed people off, its the intent. Or massive lack of it.

Think some people just have a go at Croft just for the sake of it, at least come up with something original!

Coming up with something different would imply he was doing something different. Sadly he isn't...he is doing the same thing...showing his incapabilities in attacking. Be interested to know if you actually saw his performance on Saturday. Your comment suggests not.

By the way, suggesting he played in the middle and more defensively is something original (and constructive, try it...) At present, he would be far more suited to it with Kelly out injured.

Edited by boundaryblue80

:censored: me if that's galvanised we will be relegated by the end of February.

I would suggest that the players gave up vs Posh because they weren't arsed (possibly about Kelly) whereas against Donny they decided to keep going. Whether that is the "Dunn effect" or not, I don't know. We also got very lucky a couple of times. I wouldn't say they were/looked galvanised though. But it's very very early days.

By all accounts, that was our worst away performance of the season - pure luck we didn't get trounced, from the highlights and reports, similar to Fleetwood. Judge how 'galvanised' we have been next week at home, where we have so far been dire.

I don't know how anybody can criticise the remaining Latics fans. Impatient? 19 years in this league and the style of :censored:ness, from top to bottom, during that time sort of gives you the right to have less tolerance than 95% of other football league clubs...

Is this your favourite ever really, really :censored: 1-1 draw you didn't see or are there others you'd put ahead/below it?

Bless ya! Id have to say its up there but ive not seen a few where we played :censored: and got a point and I was satisfied then. It must be bugging the :censored: out of you because you realise I have a valid point.

It felt so good when Jeff Stelling announced it as a final reult on TV and it cost me nowt.

Satisfactory RESULT away from home every day of the week :)

Edited by palmer1

• 2 months later...