Oldham Roughyeds at Boundary Park?

Roughyeds at Boundary Park  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be content to allow Roughyeds to play at Boundary Park?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People greatly underestimate a pitches ability to
Stalybridge's pitch looked well today, and was far from "ruined" by full time.

We clearly haven't invested enough in our pitch to support both though.

Not what a distraught Stalybridge groundsman is saying privately

Its not Rugby League that ruins the pitch, Stalybridge was fine today from kick off and fine at full time, you look at Wigans pitch the other night before a Rugby ball had even been kicked and the pitch was a mess so is that Rugby leagues fault?

Stalybridge's pitch looked well today, and was far from "ruined" by full time.

We clearly haven't invested enough in our pitch to support both though.

I doubt Stalybridge have spent a fortune on their pitch either. I'd guess you can keep a pitch fit for non league a lot easier than for a league one? The Vegas pitch looked rubbish by League standard when I saw it in OK weather last year but it might hold up well enough for a kick about after rain

Its not Rugby League that ruins the pitch, Stalybridge was fine today from kick off and fine at full time, you look at Wigans pitch the other night before a Rugby ball had even been kicked and the pitch was a mess so is that Rugby leagues fault?

It's nothing to do with the type of game that's played on the pitch, it's using it every week or weekend that's the issue. I wouldn't want another football club playing at BP.

Of course it matters what sport is played on it......the most obvious example being Rugby Union where 16 men weighing an average of 18 stone gather in 4 square yards and try to push each other al over the place.....as for rugby league a gathering of 3 men pushing each other along the ground occurs every 10 seconds.....and even at a simplistic level there are 26 players on the field instead of 22 which necessarily means about 15% more wear

The grass on pitches used exclusively for rugby is cut to a different level than a football pitch

If rugby league does not require a surface which gives and cushions players causing damage why don't they play on 3G