Oldham Roughyeds at Boundary Park?

Roughyeds at Boundary Park  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be content to allow Roughyeds to play at Boundary Park?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news. It would kill me if Carl Winchester twisted his ankle because some 18 stone brute has churned our pitch up...

He'd better keep out of the way of the Millwall centre backs then. :)

Edited by BP1960

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bumped this after seeing the state of Wigan's pitch tonight on Sky after the opening Super League game. Anyone who thinks our pitch could stand up to use by both the towns rugby and football clubs is dreaming!! The pitch at BP is a shambles with just a game every other week at the moment

This has always been common knowledge that pitches get annihilated yet somehow people think it just won't be an issue!

Wigan's pitch is criminally bad from what I saw last night but I think if you've got a decent pitch with decent drainage and it hasnt lashed it down for weeks on end then you'd be fine. I'm sure Hull's pitch is ok and Huddersfield's too. But it's obviously all academic as our pitch obviously isnt up to it and there isnt the money to rectify that. Would still love to see the two clubs play at the same ground (and have that ground owned by people who actually give a toss but that's another topic......).

Wigan's pitch is criminally bad from what I saw last night but I think if you've got a decent pitch with decent drainage and it hasnt lashed it down for weeks on end then you'd be fine. I'm sure Hull's pitch is ok and Huddersfield's too. But it's obviously all academic as our pitch obviously isnt up to it and there isnt the money to rectify that. Would still love to see the two clubs play at the same ground (and have that ground owned by people who actually give a toss but that's another topic......).

I agree, I really wanted the two combined. But hard not to agree with the fact if the rugby played on it around now it would be absolutely ruined. Painful as it is to see.