Oldham Roughyeds at Boundary Park?

Roughyeds at Boundary Park  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be content to allow Roughyeds to play at Boundary Park?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it lucrative to open the ground up to 600 to 800 fans?

We are told that JPT games that attract around three times as many fans lose the club money so how on earth is a third rate rugby fixture going to become lucrative? Am I missing something here.

Hamilton its been claimed has outstanding debt with Simon, he also owes a friend of mine a considerable amount of money so its fair to say he has burnt a few bridges during his tenure as chairman of the rugby club, I would be shocked and amazed if they were allowed to ground share. Unless any deal was underwritten by the council its very unlikely to happen.

I can't speak about the debt, clearly that would be a condition with SC. And obviously with your friend that should be paid.

But with regard to the crowds, I am sure they would increase. Potentially significantly so.

Traditonal teams, bigger support, so likely to be Bradford, Leigh, Halifax, Sheffield, Featherstone, Dewbury, London Broncos, Workington, Batley and Whitehaven instead of Keighley, Swinton, York City, Barrow and much poorer supported expansion teams North Wales Crusaders, Rochdale Hornets (! ;-) ), Newcastle Thunder, Gloucestershire All Golds, Oxford, London Skolars, Coventry Bears, Hemel Stags, South Wales Scorpions

The team is on the up, it is in a higher leage with more local games, better supported clubs, change in format in competition, better location, better parking, better facilities meaning more returns, covering for spectators! It would be prudent to open one or at most two stands.

We are told that JPT games that attract around three times as many fans lose the club money so how on earth is a third rate rugby fixture going to become lucrative? Am I missing something here.

Hamilton its been claimed has outstanding debt with Simon, he also owes a friend of mine a considerable amount of money so its fair to say he has burnt a few bridges during his tenure as chairman of the rugby club, I would be shocked and amazed if they were allowed to ground share. Unless any deal was underwritten by the council its very unlikely to happen.

At rugby there are no police and stewarding costs are very low as most are volunteers. Not all games will attract 800 fans when the likes of Leigh fetherstone Bradford they will bring around 1500 to 2000 fans how can that not benefit the club?

For the pitch I've said it before there is an easy solution when it comes to seeding. Oldham request to play away just like Wigan did it's simple really.

At rugby there are no police and stewarding costs are very low as most are volunteers. Not all games will attract 800 fans when the likes of Leigh fetherstone Bradford they will bring around 1500 to 2000 fans how can that not benefit the club?

For the pitch I've said it before there is an easy solution when it comes to seeding. Oldham request to play away just like Wigan did it's simple really.

Not forgetting that in the new stand none of the catering and bars are subcontracted, as I understand it.

Floodlights and stewarding, innit.

I'm a fan of both clubs and all for it, The rugby have potential to attract good crowds i would say 1500 - 1800 against the Lower teams and up to 3000+ against teams such has Leigh, Featherstone, Bradford it can only Be good for the Town of Oldham if things can Be sorted for the best interest of both partys.

Rugby League abandoned it's traditional winter season , so there is only a short period of the season when both teams would be using the surface ........and it is not in the worst months of the year.

Of course both teams should use the stadium in this cash strapped era ,as neither club is part of the privileged fat cats that dominate both respective sports.

As one who recalls many great rugby league games at BP back in the 80's when Watershedding was frozen , it brings back great memories , lightning fast aussie David Liddiard scoring four trys from fullback on one occasion .

Could we get away with opening just two stands?? Stick away fans in the small section of the rre and stick home fans in the large section and North stand. That would save money.

I would fully expect that to be the arrangement. No point in using the Chaddy and Main Stand.

Rugby League abandoned it's traditional winter season , so there is only a short period of the season when both teams would be using the surface ........and it is not in the worst months of the year.

But there is work they do every summer when rugby league play??

Its not so much the pitch is getting pummelled by rugby for me, more that they do annual maintanence. Can Roughyeds provide a workaround for that?

Its not so much the pitch is getting pummelled by rugby for me, more that they do annual maintanence. Can Roughyeds provide a workaround for that?

The RFL are much more accommodating than the Football League. Three or four fixtures in a row will be played away from home, as is the case with Wigan, Huddersfield, Hull etc...

It's both.

In terms of pure logistics, however, there is no 'pitch' in the summer. Doesn't matter how many times this is pointed out though, they aren't listening.