Oldham Roughyeds at Boundary Park?

Roughyeds at Boundary Park  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be content to allow Roughyeds to play at Boundary Park?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to be dead against the idea.

We let the rugby play for a time - did they struggle to pay rent? and then we asked them to leave and it all got a bit silly and the vitriol spouted by people in charge of the rugby really put me off them.

But Latics need an income using the ground for more than football is what is needed if the Rugby can pay a fair rent then lets do it.

I'm sick of Latics struggling and taking the cheapest option maybe this will open up another avenue (I know it wont be millions in rent) but maybe we don't have to settle for totally obvious cheap options all the time.

Huddersfield have done it for years so while I know the rugger does a mess of the pitch ours is some high tech blend isn't it? Hopefully it will stand up to the Rugby be better but other teams do and manage - and lets face it we are truly awful at the minute as bad a side as we have even been in the last 20 years so having the Rugby on the pitch cant make anything worse than an already stagnant club cost cutting and scrimping and looking like this finally might be the season we might end up in the bottom 4

Lets try it

They think it was a small price to pay for getting a new stadium. Why do you ask?

I'm more concerned with how the relationship between Rugby and Football clubs is in other stadiums in other towns. I've nothing against the Rugby team whatsoever would be happy for them to share aslong as OAFC benefitted.

Used to be dead against the idea.

We let the rugby play for a time - did they struggle to pay rent? and then we asked them to leave and it all got a bit silly and the vitriol spouted by people in charge of the rugby really put me off them.

But Latics need an income using the ground for more than football is what is needed if the Rugby can pay a fair rent then lets do it.

I'm sick of Latics struggling and taking the cheapest option maybe this will open up another avenue (I know it wont be millions in rent) but maybe we don't have to settle for totally obvious cheap options all the time.

Huddersfield have done it for years so while I know the rugger does a mess of the pitch ours is some high tech blend isn't it? Hopefully it will stand up to the Rugby be better but other teams do and manage - and lets face it we are truly awful at the minute as bad a side as we have even been in the last 20 years so having the Rugby on the pitch cant make anything worse than an already stagnant club cost cutting and scrimping and looking like this finally might be the season we might end up in the bottom 4

Lets try it

I was fully in the no rugby on the hallowed turf camp till I read this well reasoned post. Sod it, we need the bunce, even if we played on a carpet we couldn't get the ball in the net so why not let them have a go at it as well, as long as they pay properly and OAFC come out on top financially.

But I don't want them rugby fans sitting in my nice new seat in the new stand.

How many teams are there in the RL Championship?..there wouldnt be too many I think so wouldn't be played on every week by both clubs

12 teams, so 12 home matches.

Their have a tortuous structure, but start in Feb and end the last week of Sept.

Around 17 home matches.

The pitch would possibly struggle, but RL actually does less damage to pitches than football. The play is spread out throughout the pitch more, and you don't get as many problem areas such as goal mouth quagmires.

Thank you, someone's finally said it. It's not rugby union, you don't get scrums tearing up pitches, don't think you can even call it a scrum in rugby league.

I don't think it is a coincidence that our glory days were at the same time as one of the RL's more successful runs. Mutual benefit

If the RL had won their challenge cup semi-final then it would have been them at Wembley on the Saturday followed by Latics in the Littlewoods Cup the next day. What a weekend that would have been.

Edited by Dave_Og

Apparently Simon Corney has texted Jack Dearden (from New York), that he has NOT been in talks with Chris Hamilton. Being as it has already been approved by the RFL, and Roughyeds have said they will be playing in the Championship, it is safe to say its not BP.

Shame.

Tameside Stadium the new front runner.

Thank you, someone's finally said it. It's not rugby union, you don't get scrums tearing up pitches, don't think you can even call it a scrum in rugby league.

Finally? Somebody always says it.

Thats not the issue anyway. The issue is a game every few days and no essential summer maintenance. Just ignore it tho if you want like all the others do.