Oldham v Wigan

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think it was too bad today but some cnut ruined for me...

After 10 minutes he had decided that Higdon was :censored:e, lazy, not fit and had no right to walk into the side and was here for an easy ride. He slagged him all game long!

I personally think if we isloated Batistuta in his pomp he be :censored:ed without support. Once he had support and Poleon played off him giving him someone to nod the ball off to we looked much better as a unit.

Fulton reminds me of Kelly when he arrived, give him games and I think this lad will be very good for us.

Jones was :censored: first half and his delivery was very poor, 2nd half he started to look like the Jones of last season.

Well done Poleon! Gave us urgency and sped us up but still needs to get his head up more. Good finish but MOM?

Cornell made a couple of outstanding saves & did nothing wrong for me.

Wigan kept the ball very well but alot if teams in this league do, they didn't create a great deal but looked solid. Would we have scored if it had stayed 11 vs 11? Not sure but the GMR pundits view was that they were just managing to contain our play but when they went down the urgency picked up and they nearly folded. He seemed to really rate us.

& lastly Connor Brown you utter :censored:ing liability! :censored: throw led to the goal during a decent spell and by his reaction he knew. Invites pressure...

Edited by palmer1

Wigan supporting mate shocked that we looked the away team first half and clearly set up for a draw. It really is poor - I fear for us this season and before I get the "2 games unbeaten" bollocks everyone was saying the same when Kelly wasn't being beaten but drawing every match

I agree, one point out of the last nine at home is poor. Saying that I'd take two points from our next two aways at Vale and Gillingham.

Thought we set up very negatively 1st half. Amazing when we put two wingers running at their full backs second half and we started to put them on the back foot. Higdon looked a real asset when in a forward two. Pace in poleon who was brilliant when he came on and strength in higdon who had a real tussle with their CB today.

Thought Cornell showed today why he should be starting. Came out and challenged corners in a packed 6 yard box two point blank saves and a decent save from 25 yards. After today feel a little more assured with him. Coleman would have struggled against the physicality with Wigans set pieces.

Burn and Wilson look assured at the back now a real decent partnership get rid of Connor Brown and I think we have a decent back line with Dieng at RB.

Attacking 4-4-2 Tuesday please like the last twenty mins. Take the reigns off and go at them.

I didn't think it was too bad today but some cnut ruined for me...

After 10 minutes he had decided that Higdon was :censored:e, lazy, not fit and had no right to walk into the side and was here for an easy ride. He slagged him all game long!

I personally think if we isloated Batistuta in his pomp he be :censored:ed without support. Once he had support and Poleon played off him giving him someone to nod the ball off to we looked much better as a unit.

Fulton reminds me of Kelly when he arrived, give him games and I think this lad will be very good for us.

Jones was :censored: first half and his delivery was very poor, 2nd half he started to look like the Jones of last season.

Well done Poleon! Gave us urgency and sped us up but still needs to get his head up more. Good finish but MOM?

Cornell made a couple of outstanding saves & did nothing wrong for me.

Wigan kept the ball very well but alot if teams in this league do, they didn't create a great deal but looked solid. Would we have scored if it had stayed 11 vs 11? Not sure but the GMR pundits view was that they were just managing to contain our play but when they went down the urgency picked up and they nearly folded. He seemed to really rate us.

& lastly Connor Brown you utter :censored:ing liability! :censored: throw led to the goal during a decent spell and by his reaction he knew. Invites pressure...

We haven't the midfield players capable of supporting a lone striker, hence

I was proved right today.

You weren't proved right. You were shown that if we don't press from midfield as well as the lone striker then one up top is pointless. If the midfield had been told to put them under pressure first half and support Higdon then maybe we'd have scored earlier. Instead they'd been set up to stand and watch them pass it along the back line. Surely you and all your football knowledge could see that

FWIW I thought Jones was :censored:e, and then when Kelly went off he ran the show.

Cornell did enough to warrant his place in the team, even though I think Coleman is the better keeper.

Brown should be binned, I always have defended him, but today was enough for me.

Burn and Wilson are our best CB pairing.

Croft needs to do more.

Fulton could be a shrewd loan signing, I enjoyed his game today although he looked tired late on.

Higdon needs support, although I would fancy my chances against him in a foot race.

Poleon gave us what we needed today, but MOM was stretching it a bit.

And what a great finish for their goal.

You weren't proved right. You were shown that if we don't press from midfield as well as the lone striker then one up top is pointless. If the midfield had been told to put them under pressure first half and support Higdon then maybe we'd have scored earlier. Instead they'd been set up to stand and watch them pass it along the back line. Surely you and all your football knowledge could see that

It may well work with better players, but not the ones we have.

You love 4-5-1 more than your wife don't you?

If people who love 4-5-1 get married. I don't know....

Or was it the fact Philislirk is weak as piss? I'd edge toward that reason we conceded possession

You hear about players who don't like football.

Danny Philliskirk gives you that impression while he's actually playing it.

I don't think I've ever seen a player who clearly has ability play with so little ambition. No "ooomph" whatsoever.

You hear about players who don't like football.

Danny Philliskirk gives you that impression while he's actually playing it.

I don't think I've ever seen a player who clearly has ability play with so little ambition. No "ooomph" whatsoever.

The expert Higdon hater near me had Philli as our best player today and was upset that he went off instead of Higdon!

You love 4-5-1 more than your wife don't you?

If people who love 4-5-1 get married. I don't know....

To be fair to him, all he's saying is that 1 up front can work and can be attacking if it's played right. Which is true.

The other side of the argument seems to be that 2 strikers is the only way of attacking and scoring.

To be fair to him, all he's saying is that 1 up front can work and can be attacking if it's played right. Which is true.

The other side of the argument seems to be that 2 strikers is the only way of attacking and scoring.

Another side to the argument is that we do seem to have attacked more and scored more, & certainly entertained more, with 2 strikers this season.