Oldham v Wigan

as I said a shade better against 10 men, plenty of positives!! If we play every team against 10 men maybe, it's the only way we will attack teams at the moment

we've been :censored:e against 10 men for years.

today we were alright.

If Dunn can change things to do that he's got something other managers haven't had...

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

Does he not depress you?

I would have given anything to be a footballer in hindsight.

There's just nothing there.

He's got the best job in the world (in my opinion) and just doesn't seem arsed about producing any magic, writing his name in Oldham Athletic history.

He could I reckon. He could be good enough. But he doesn't seem to want to be.

He should get a job in the public sector.

Maybe the hunger isn't quite there anymore after securing a big move to a Premier League club and then not making it. He had a few knockbacks in between as well.

today we were alright.

If Dunn can change things to do that he's got something other managers haven't had...

I think he already made that change a couple of mins before the red card?

The good thing for me was Dunn actually changed things around. When he made a sub he changed formation. A positive decision made to get back in the game. The red card helped but how many times have we seen a manager make like for like changes with zero effect.

When was the last time Philliskirk was played in his natural position- Dale away?

He didn't play well today, but he was playing on the left in front of a right back. Yeates being brought on was a lot more crucial than the impression being given on here. It's amazing what playing two wingers on the wings can do, not only attacking wise but defensively too, especially in front of Connor Brown.

We would get over run in midfield playing 4 4 2 - we should play 4 5 1 , which when attacking changes to 4 3 3 & when defending reverts back to 4 5 1

And how often have we made this mythical switch to 4-3-3?

Edited by BP1960

I've said many times people congratulate him for not :censored:ing up.

I've admitted on here previously that at times in the past he has shown signs of improvment. However I am sad to say that he proveing me right on everything I ever said about him. He is a Latics player after all and want them all to be good but its time to go now.

I can't imagine David Dunn who has played at the very top level looks at Brown and thinks...yep he'll do for me!

Give Brown credit for his booking though, that could of saved us from losing. But that's all he did worthwhile today.

I think he already made that change a couple of mins before the red card?

The good thing for me was Dunn actually changed things around. When he made a sub he changed formation. A positive decision made to get back in the game. The red card helped but how many times have we seen a manager make like for like changes with zero effect.

I agree. Playing against ten men is usually difficult, especially against a reasonable team. Two banks of

four, parked behind the ball. Wigan :censored: themselves.

Fair play, Dunn kept going for it and at least got a draw. First Poleon and then Yeates. Deserved a win,

just.

Sorry to say it again, but we are in a fragile place. Wigan were very negative and but for 15 minutes at theend of the first half, a bit crap going forward. Quite boring and defensive. If that's anything to go by,

they won't go up. They need to be more positive and assertive.

Give Brown credit for his booking though, that could of saved us from losing. But that's all he did worthwhile today.

Yes I applauded that, it was the right thing to do and didn't let him get to the edge of our box before doing. Chop him on the half way line and regroup. A professional foul and a good yellow to take...

Although I did joke that he was trying to win the ball and it was just a normal Brown tackle :)

today we were alright.

time will tell bud, I'm just glad I won't be wasting my money at vale and gills away,with forte back hopefully he can go more on the front foot!! Here's hoping

And how often have we this mythical switch to 4-3-3?

It always becomes a 4-5-3. You and I remember the old 4-3-3, the wingless wonders. this isn't it.

Barcelona and Spain have championed the tricky-tacky 4-3-3. At our level it will always be a 4-5-1. Sadly,

if you put 2 upfront it really does leave a big gap in midfield. What we have to do is get support to the

one striker, especially if it's big Higgy, who has the turning circle of a large oil tanker.

15 games now with us scoring no more than one goal, you have to go back to Dale in March for us to score more. I was shocked today to see us set up so defensively I just dont get it, what are we getting out of it? In fact whats different from Kelly to Dunn? Its much the same, uninspiring and insipid. The irony for me is that if Dunn was still playing we may well have won our last two games, the game today was crying out for his vision in the last 15 minutes.

15 games now with us scoring no more than one goal, you have to go back to Dale in March for us to score more. I was shocked today to see us set up so defensively I just dont get it, what are we getting out of it? In fact whats different from Kelly to Dunn? Its much the same, uninspiring and insipid. The irony for me is that if Dunn was still playing we may well have won our last two games, the game today was crying out for his vision in the last 15 minutes.

There is no difference whatsoever but for some reason the latest non entity with his "badges" (and completely illiterate) seems to be being given a chance since he's drawn two games

There is no difference whatsoever but for some reason the latest non entity with his "badges" (and completely illiterate) seems to be being given a chance since he's drawn two games

I think it's more that it's ONLY 2 games!

Only a :censored:ing idiot writes off a manager after 2 games. Win, lose or draw.

It's no coincidence that we've carried on the "Don't Lose" mentality as Dean Holden is still involved. A lot of this negative play must be coming from him, as it's pretty much identical to what was served up towards the end of last season too.

I'd like to think that once Dunn has settled into the job, he'll make further changes to the backroom staff.

Many ":censored:ing idiots" wrote Kelly off before a ball had even been kicked...

I'd just like an actual manager and not some "one England cap" guy with a few badges thanks

So who do want? That Oldham can afford?

They have to have the badges and the fact he has played for England is totally irrelevant.

Jimmy Frizzell

Joe Royle

Graeme Sharp

Andy Ritchie

Ian Dowie

John Sheridan

Paul Dickov

Lee Johnson

Darren Kelly

All first time managers some had been capped by the country

Neil Warnock

Mick Wadsworth

Brian Talbot

Ronnie Moore

All managers with experience

What difference did those actual managers make?

It's no coincidence that we've carried on the "Don't Lose" mentality as Dean Holden is still involved. A lot of this negative play must be coming from him, as it's pretty much identical to what was served up towards the end of last season too.

I'd like to think that once Dunn has settled into the job, he'll make further changes to the backroom staff.

I don't see the point of Holden, the one calling the shots from the bench was Brown. Judging from that he looked more managenent material than Dunn or Holden.

So who do want? That Oldham can afford?

They have to have the badges and the fact he has played for England is totally irrelevant.

Jimmy Frizzell

Joe Royle

Graeme Sharp

Andy Ritchie

Ian Dowie

John Sheridan

Paul Dickov

Lee Johnson

Darren Kelly

All first time managers some had been capped by the country

Neil Warnock

Mick Wadsworth

Brian Talbot

Ronnie Moore

All managers with experience

What difference did those actual managers make?

Ronnie Moore saved us from relegation and took us to 9th in the space of a year and would probably have improved on that had the "fans" not forced the board to sack him

My point is everybody had it out for Kelly from day one yet Dunn is getting it easy despite the team and football being just as :censored:e as it was three weeks ago

I don't know who we can afford as only the board know that but why the :censored: can't we hire an actual manager rather than an aging player - oh yeah - cos that promise was the only reason he signed to begin with

I really fear this is the season the longest serving League one club drop

I don't see the point of Holden, the one calling the shots from the bench was Brown. Judging from that he looked more managenent material than Dunn or Holden.

Because he was coaching from the bench?

Last week you said that puts players off and should have been sorted before the game.