well that was terrible

All the top coaching badges at the club yet none of them can see Jones isn't a left winger or both centre backs cant clear set pieces in the air.

They all want text book tip tap football and are probably too pally with the players.

Fans are falling for all this theory claptrap, this is Division One not the Premier league. I will say this, if the team meets a big physical non league side in the FA cup they will go out.

Or a small, non-physical one...

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rarely have I seen a professional football team allow so much space both in front and behind a back four. Dunn recently talked in an Observer interview about how in his playing days under Alladyce Hodgson and Hughes that their obsession and focus was " shape". Given that shapeless effort perhaps David should re read the article?

I'm starting to begrudge grafting all week to afford to watch players who are scared of the ball .

It's infuriating to watch players hiding , to not make angles to receive a pass and/or demand possession when well placed is criminal for players at this level .

I'd never boo any of our players but I'm getting really fed up of Connor Brown now . It's amazing how many managers he's seen off , to be fair though his assist for scunthorpes first was sensational .

Facile and simplistic to say that it's"loanees" that are the problem.

We stared wth three - Higson, burn, Lafferty.

The first never gt into the game but has scored at least 2 goals in the last couple of games

The second has looked a decent acquisition

The third - well for me and others he was one of the least worst players today

Jones has had so poor season - but showed last season he does have the ability and attitude

Philiskirk - poor yet again, can't win tackles to defend, doesn't bomb on into the box, the master of the safety first sideways or backwards pass

Brown - honest player but an accident eating to happen

Croft - poor today (except at right back where he covered for Brown)

Not enough aggression , determination, but today that was nowt to do with the contractual status of players

We remember the days of no loanees Pete and practically the same team every week, ok we didnt win every match, but at least we had some idenity (that includes the distictive kit too).

Our only hope is a big money takeover I'm afraid.

Scunts were stronger all over the pitch. We won very few individual battles. Hardly won a header and when we did due to no challenger, it went straight back to them. Hoofed it and lost it. Lost every second ball. Gave goals away. Couldn't string three passes together after 10 mins. Across and back.

:censored:.

Scunts were stronger all over the pitch. We won very few individual battles. Hardly won a header and when we did due to no challenger, it went straight back to them. Hoofed it and lost it. Lost every second ball. Gave goals away. Couldn't string three passes together after 10 mins. Across and back.

:censored:.

Probably what Matt Chambers will say in the Chron, but put in a slightly different way.

it's clear to me given that fact he needs to play as part of a midfield 3. As a two, we get overrun with Dunn on the pitch. If he was coming on he should have gone 3-5-2 and had us try to play high up the pitch with two water carriers for him to just find space and play with the ball.

It was Scunthorpe at home in the 3rd Divison not the Champions League Final....

I suppose by next weekend i will be ready for another 90 minutes of depression but in nearly 40 years of supporting i have never had so little enthusiasm !

Does getting older make you wiser ? does it wear away at your sense of blind loyalty to the team?

Or are Latics just very very :censored: and not worth both the financial and the physical effort we all put in following them ???

Same for me. Only went today because I had a free ticket. Absolute brainless, hopeless :censored:e. After 35 years, I've never given less of a :censored:. Not even bothering with Dale away...

Well i've just got back. That threatened to rival Peterborough on the scale of all-time :censored:ness.

Who on earth keeps thinking 4-4-:censored:ing-2 is still relevant in the modern game? It went out with the dinosaurs. Why has Dunn reverted to this stupid formation?

Yet again we have a hole the size of a small planet in the midfield creating massive problems at the back.

Yet again Connor Brown proves he has failed to grow beyond the age of 12 as a footballer. I'm staring to anger at his very presence. Dunn keeps picking him - why?

Yet again Philly proves he totally :censored:ing useless (making the midfield 2 more of a midfield one).Again, Dunn keeps pickinghim - why?

But for Cornell, it would've been seven.

Weak, pathetic and spineless.

Good job Dunn isn't from the 'wrong' side of the Ulster divide or he'd be lynched.

Well i've just got back. That threatened to rival Peterborough on the scale of all-time :censored:ness.

Who on earth keeps thinking 4-4-:censored:ing-2 is still relevant in the modern game? It went out with the dinosaurs. Why has Dunn reverted to this stupid formation?

Yet again we have a hole the size of a small planet in the midfield creating massive problems at the back.

Yet again Connor Brown proves he has failed to grow beyond the age of 12 as a footballer. I'm staring to anger at his very presence. Dunn keeps picking him - why?

Yet again Philly proves he totally :censored:ing useless (making the midfield 2 more of a midfield one).Again, Dunn keeps pickinghim - why?

Good job Dunn isn't from the 'wrong' side of the Ulster divide or he'd be lynched.

The dinosaurs that are Scunthorpe played 4-4-2.

4-4-2 works with wingers..

Croft, if anything, is a wing back...he defends well and works hard but offers nothing going forward.

Jones hates the wing and hes not a winger. We need to quit forcing round pegs in square holes and play people in posotion. If that means players have to be dropped then so be it.

I'd like to see yeates play but he needs to up defensive work. He offers about as much protection as a ripped condom. Put lafferty in all sorts of trouble second half.

All the top coaching badges at the club yet none of them can see Jones isn't a left winger or both centre backs cant clear set pieces in the air.

They all want text book tip tap football and are probably too pally with the players.

Fans are falling for all this theory claptrap, this is Division One not the Premier league. I will say this, if the team meets a big physical non league side in the FA cup they will go out.

This isn't emphasised enough...

Dunn is probably "one of the lads"...

agree with you All above, especially the wrong side of Ulster

His save before their 3rd was incredible

Things we learnt / re-learnt today

1. Brown isnt good enough

2. Jones is crap on the wing

3. Jones hates being on the wing and we're risking the loss of a great player

4. Philliskirk should be nowhere near pur midfield.

5. Lafferty has some quality, should do ok

6. We create nowhere near enough chances

7. We have two decent keepers

8. Dunn should give up playing

9. Dieng should be in the team

10. Poleon and higdon play too far apart

11. Croft works hard but creates nothing

12. Yeates is too lightweight

13. Our bench looks awfully defensive

14. We're in big trouble

15. Higdon gets unfair grief even though he scores goals

Yeates reminds me of Worrall from a couple of years ago

Might produce something half decent every now and again but really he's pretty :censored: and too weak

This isn't emphasised enough...

Dunn is probably "one of the lads"...

When I was at work in general the manager's I respected most were those with experience who kept their distance, they got the best out of the staff I felt.