well that was terrible

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think fulton will walk straight back in

And who will replace higdon next week

No he won't. Different postitions and Higdon has been playing well until today. Threat in and around goal with Poleon. Bad day today but he's worth sticking with! Edited by super_blue

Bad day today? Higdon?

He scored despite having no service, all fouls on him were ignored by ref and poleon didnt get close enough...we'll miss him next week

Higdon didn't score today mate...Kelly and Poleon did. Everyone had a bad day. Yes different reasons why and yes no service at all. Marked by a strong centre half who wouldn't allow him to bully him so was less affective than previous matches!

Higdon didn't score today mate...Kelly and Poleon did. Everyone had a bad day. Yes different reasons why and yes no service at all. Marked by a strong centre half who wouldn't allow him to bully him so was less affective than previous matches!

Yeah brainfart after a few pints...

You can't blame today on the formation. What you can blame it on was the effort and general play.

• We were second to every loose ball.
  • We never made any tackles and were weak on and off the ball.
  • We were to slow in passing the ball and when we did there were to many loose passes (especially from 1 touch flicks, we ain't barca, keep it simple).
  • There was hardly any movement off the ball.
  • Far too many aimless hoofs.
  • Cornell's distribution was god awful.
  • We didn't cross the ball nearly enough.

It was a rank bad performance.

You can't blame today on the formation. What you can blame it on was the effort and general play.

• We were second to every loose ball.
  • We never made any tackles and were weak on and off the ball.
  • We were to slow in passing the ball and when we did there were to many loose passes (especially from 1 touch flicks, we ain't barca, keep it simple).
  • There was hardly any movement off the ball.
  • Far too many aimless hoofs.
  • Cornell's distribution was god awful.
  • We didn't cross the ball nearly enough.
It was a rank bad performance.

I'm actually encouraged by reading this that things are usually better. Today was my first visit for a few seasons and I was gobsmacked at the performance. It's a relief to hear that this is as bad as it gets and not the norm.

I'm actually encouraged by reading this that things are usually better. Today was my first visit for a few seasons and I was gobsmacked at the performance. It's a relief to hear that this is as bad as it gets and not the norm.

Sorry??

Apart from Cornells name in there those bullet points summed up for me the last 9 years at least

Well i've just got back. That threatened to rival Peterborough on the scale of all-time :censored:ness.

Who on earth keeps thinking 4-4-:censored:ing-2 is still relevant in the modern game? It went out with the dinosaurs. Why has Dunn reverted to this stupid formation?

Yet again we have a hole the size of a small planet in the midfield creating massive problems at the back.

Yet again Connor Brown proves he has failed to grow beyond the age of 12 as a footballer. I'm staring to anger at his very presence. Dunn keeps picking him - why?

Yet again Philly proves he totally :censored:ing useless (making the midfield 2 more of a midfield one).Again, Dunn keeps pickinghim - why?

But for Cornell, it would've been seven.

Weak, pathetic and spineless.

Good job Dunn isn't from the 'wrong' side of the Ulster divide or he'd be lynched.

The comment on the formation is laughable. Went out with the dinosaurs?! We didn't play 4-4-2 after the 2nd goal Poleon was playing behind the main man. Hence there was no movement around higdon. 4-4-2 is taking the game to teams and pressing them. Two good wingers a decent 6 yard striker and a decent backline would work wonders in this league. Pathetic knowledge of the game if you really think 4-4-2 was the issue. Lack of fire In the belly was the real issue!!!

Higdon is the best thing about that team.

Puts it in context.

Sorry O4U but i have to disagree a little.

The best thing about this team and probably the only thing we have to be proud of at the moment is Liam Kelly,he may not be the most vocal Captain but he always gives 100%. He is our only decent tackler, always wants the ball and yesterday even got into the right place to nick a goal.

Not forgetting sticking up for his little dickhead mate who was about to get planted.

After Liam Kelly, Higdon is probably the best thing about that team just now, jesus wept !

Get a Grip

Yes OK it was a poor performance no getting away from that. But to say like so many that it means relegation, all loanees are to blame, we have the wrong manager etc all on the back of a great point at leaders Gillingham last week and 4 previous good performances since DD took over is panic and madness.

Dunn criticised for trying to keep a brave face on things and not saying he was worried- imagine if he had!

Higdon singled out as useless and in need of someone else to replace him after he has been involved in all goals we have scored before today. Lafferty a player who has calm presence and poise on the ball singled out as worst player for Latics etc?

We were outthought and outfought by a basic strong physical team who came with a game plan and executed it well and played to their strengths. They were strong in the air but we continued to hoof the ball in the air to Higdon. We continue not to attack sides but play too slowly always passing sideways and too often down 1 side of the pitch only. We hardly won any second balls and had little influence in midfield.

Like many I am mystified why Dieng is not playing and also see CB as an accident waiting to happen- poor distribution and rash challenges.

It seems Yeates is not every ones cup of tea but against Wigan he produced an end product almost every time he had the ball and yesterday at least showed attacking intent in the few times the ball came to him.

But things can change and will. The main issue seems to be breaking down teams at home- it seems all our away performances have been good. We have to believe that Dunn and Keith Brown will turn it round there are 34 games to go!

In conclusion... WHY PLAY CONNER BROWN?!

He must clean every managers' car or something.

He must have a dossier of dirt on everyone at the club that we he is dropped he pulls out of his boot bag and threatens to go to the cRon. That's the only reason I can think of as to why he plays.