Reserve football!

This may or may not have its own post from a while ago but incase it hasn't....

No reserve team football is killing the chance we have of developing and keeping players sharp that are sat on the bench! It's shocking that it has been allowed to be dropped and I can't understand what manager thinks it's a good decision. Yes we may have small squads but you can play kids as well as squad members in reserve team football.

After the shambles that was Saturday we need to make changes but my fear is that those waiting in the bench may well be physically fit but haven't had much game time. As a result they may not step up at the first chance/opportunity to stake a claim as they need game time!

Yes the 'behind closed doors' friendlies may sound great but this isn't happening enough to keep players sharp. Keepers especially need regular games to stay sharp not just training session!

Rant over....

Edited by super_blue

Yep and the over rated over hyped Johnson is responsible. Our seaso according to all on here is a disaster.....we are 3 points behind Barnsley who lost to bottom of league at home....johnson's verdict? "We dominated from start to finish"

Sounds familiar?

Does anyone know of a website that tells us which League One teams have or haven't got proper reserve teams?

Would be interesting to see what difference it makes....

There is reserve team league with several lower division teams in it, but probably too much travelling involved. Bring back the old Central league I say including the big clubs reserves.

There is reserve team league with several lower division teams in it, but probably too much travelling involved. Bring back the old Central league I say including the big clubs reserves.

I'm not sure a league is needed. All it takes is for a few local teams to agree to regular games to give fringe and squad players some competitive football. After all it ain't difficult to arrange a game of football - #jumpersforgoalposts.

I'm not sure a league is needed. All it takes is for a few local teams to agree to regular games to give fringe and squad players some competitive football. After all it ain't difficult to arrange a game of football - #jumpersforgoalposts.

The old central league was fine, had a competitive edge to it with promising kids and seniors out of form or coming back from injury eager to impress.

Does anyone know of a website that tells us which League One teams have or haven't got proper reserve teams?

Would be interesting to see what difference it makes....

I've done it! sort of, can't be arsed correlating with League position. Sort of JPT for Reserves.

Took 2 seconds with google though, before you say anyting JSS!!

It's called the Final Third Development league.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/reservesgrounds.aspx

Can't we extend the Mancehster Senior Cup into a small Manchester Senior league? Few travel costs and lots of local interest. open the new stand, offer pie and a pint for modest admission fee, kick-off at 6.30, home before 9. Jobs a good 'un.

Suugested that to the Mancheeter FA, but no response. I dont think they like change.