This better be the worst feeling I experience this season

BP ....why is Yeates getting off lightly with giving away the decisive free kick which became necessary because of his lack of pace and awareness of the run being made in his area of responsibility?

I am sure you will agree that too often on this board we concentrate on play in the opposing half when in actual fact we lose matches in our own half..Yeates and coleman badly at fault for second and a Dieng should never have been turned in the corner for the first . Both goals very preventable

Poor effort by Kelly in defending the second goal too if we are picking out star men.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although Coleman fumbled for the 2nd goal the whole team was at fault.

Barnsley played that free kick backwards. Everyone of our players stood & watched. What they should have done is stepped up at least 5 yards instead we stayed & then dropped ontop of our own goal inviting trouble. A well drilled side wouldn't make :censored: errors like that.

Did anybody see football league show? Michael Grey is clearly mates with Dunn as apparently Dunn is changing things here as we now play a passing game & work hard & are looking good.

Edited by palmer1

Barnsley played that free kick backwards. Everyone of our players stood & watched. What they should have done is stepped up at least 5 yards instead we stayed & then dropped ontop of our own goal inviting trouble. A well drilled side wouldn't make :censored: errors like that.

Did anybody see football league show? Michael Grey is clearly mates with Dunn as apparently Dunn is changing things here as we now play a passing game & work hard & are looking good.

Coleman needs help. It was a pretty clear tactic to win free kicks around the box, then throw a lot of bodies at him. The ref gave him no protection. One free kick was headed away but 3 Barnsley players followed through into Coleman.

Needs his defenders to help him out and give him more protection. But we don't have a Lockwood-type enforcer.

Fed up of the media love in.

Jimmy Wagg is awful on Radio Manchester, I don't think he can mention Oldham without telling us what a smashing lad Dean Holden is.

Eh?

He got nothing but applause and encouragement whenever he was in front of us first half....

Some dick behind me shouted get him off because he didn't win a header against a 6'5 defender and then didn't make it to the ball before it went out from a James Wilson hoof to nothing

We just about got away with playing Dieng in midfield against league 2 Mansfield on Tuesday . There is no need for two defensive midfielders at home ! Leave Kelly in there on his own doing the dirty work & breaking up attacks .

I rate Dieng but not as a centre mid , he slows everything down in the rare times he actually gets on the ball . Dunn must get Jones in the middle , when fit, and give him some amount of freedom .

We need to bomb Higdon back to sheffield as soon as Cassidy proves his fitness.

We just about got away with playing Dieng in midfield against league 2 Mansfield on Tuesday . There is no need for two defensive midfielders at home ! Leave Kelly in there on his own doing the dirty work & breaking up attacks .

I rate Dieng but not as a centre mid , he slows everything down in the rare times he actually gets on the ball . Dunn must get Jones in the middle , when fit, and give him some amount of freedom .

We need to bomb Higdon back to sheffield as soon as Cassidy proves his fitness.

Same bloke who's got summat like 5 goals in his last 80 games? I wouldn't be pinning too much hope on him riding to the rescue.

BP ....why is Yeates getting off lightly with giving away the decisive free kick which became necessary because of his lack of pace and awareness of the run being made in his area of responsibility?

I am sure you will agree that too often on this board we concentrate on play in the opposing half when in actual fact we lose matches in our own half..Yeates and coleman badly at fault for second and a Dieng should never have been turned in the corner for the first . Both goals very preventable

What a load of rubbish re Yeates. Pearson had the freedom of the park to run into and Yeates did the correct thing in bringing him down. Even if he had done something wrong, which he didn't, the piss poor defending of a chip into the box from the half way line was at fault for the goal.

I've been three times this season and I saw enough from a lot of our players last season that there's not a chance they'll be in a team that get relegated...

I wonder how many Tranmere fans said the same after 6 games?

I doubt we will go down but we have a problem & if Dunn doesnt wise up & buy/ loan well in January it will be close run thing. We simply don't have enough brains in this team & sooner or later our luck will run out

Dunn himself in the team for a number of games could actually solve it & see it move up the table but that isn't going to happen.

Not been keeping tabs but have there been many pledges to playershare if we stay up? A lot seem convinced we're definitely doomed.

There are positive signs and small improvements even if some refuse to see it. We won't go down.

Dunn was our worst player from what I saw of him earlier in the season, Palmer...

He needs to get fit which he wasn't & now can't be but he has the football brain to help us on the pitch. We pass pass pass & run out if ideas & space at the edge of their box. Kelly tries to do everything & Dunn is clearly trying to find a player that can fill the spot but its asking alot of a 19 yr old from Franchise although talented he has no experience & lacked strength yesterday.

A fit Dunn would create a lot more space & chances for team mates.....like I say though it ain't happening.

Edited by palmer1

He needs to get fit which he wasn't & now can't be but he has the football brain to help us on the pitch. We pass pass pass & run out if ideas & space at the edge of their box. Kelly tries to do everything & Dunn is clearly trying to find a player that can fill the spot but its asking alot of a 19 yr old from Franchise although talented he has no experience & lacked strength yesterday.

A fit Dunn would create a lot more space & chances for team mates.....like I say though it ain't happening.

Yeates was a big threat in the second half. Turning his full back inside out several times. Final ball got better as the game went on. Maybe he's seeing the benefit of a run of games and can go on to be a threat in the final 3rd.

We do pass it round well but struggle with the killer ball, often one pass too many. But Yeates was much more direct 2nd half and we were a better team for it.

Tbf only after he scored did that start to happen. Not one in the first half & the first time he beat him 2nd half he put a cross out of play.

I agree he is benefitting from games & when we get him the ball he is starting to look bright. However as a team its no good starting to attack after an hour & if he does get a cross in their needs to be players taking the chance to push forward & get the the box.

We have a team that dont trust their team mates to beat a man or get a good cross or win a header. They are always flat footed, very very rarely do our forwards anticipate the ball dropping in our around them

Edited by palmer1

Yeates was a big threat in the second half. Turning his full back inside out several times. Final ball got better as the game went on. Maybe he's seeing the benefit of a run of games and can go on to be a threat in the final 3rd.

We do pass it round well but struggle with the killer ball, often one pass too many. But Yeates was much more direct 2nd half and we were a better team for it.

We pass it around well only when we are allowed to do so and in our own half....the only killer balls we play are by fu***** accident.

£20 to Playershare if we go down. Not a hope in hell that we'll drop, regardless of the manager...

I agree. Despite all that is happening we have a competence and organisation about us that will prevent us getting relegated. Relegation teams don't go 9 games away without losing....BUT I see no sign or likelihood any time soon of the cycle of us finishing in the tihird quartile of the division and it is that which is so debilitating to our enthusiasm for the club

That's true, unfortunately apart from the remaining core of fans that remains,the club in terms of organisation,decision making,PR,Budget and leadership is at best Division 2 standard. Until those core elements are brought up to the professional standards to run a football club competently the product on the pitch will struggle.

Whilst he doesn't set the pulse racing, Yeates is probably our most reliable/important player of late.

It doesn't always come off but he tries to make something happen more often than any of his team mates.

We'll probably let him go....