Acknowledgement.

No, but the poisonous atmosphere you lot are creating will do no good, if you think it will then carry on.

Like you I wasn't there today however the players can look at it two ways.

1) The players can get all hurt and go into a shell. (However some of the stuff shouted is unwarranted)

2) The fans are still passionate about the club.

Against Southend, their first goal there wasn't really a fans reaction. It seemed as though expected and we didn't really care. Would the players rather the fans sat there and not really caring or show their emotions?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like you I wasn't there today however the players can look at it two ways.

1) The players can get all hurt and go into a shell. (However some of the stuff shouted is unwarranted)

2) The fans are still passionate about the club.

Against Southend, their first goal there wasn't really a fans reaction. It seemed as though expected and we didn't really care. Would the players rather the fans sat there and not really caring or show their emotions?

For me this isn't the time to be turning against the team, but the regulars seem intent on it.

The fans really got behind the team today, but it began to get ugly as the clock ticked down and nothing improved.

Fans are pissed off about a whole raft of things around the club and this reaction was inevitable. I can't remember the feeling around the club ever being this bad.

For me this isn't the time to be turning against the team, but the regulars seem intent on it.

Maybe, but at the start of every game the fans are supporting them. No doubt some are hoping it goes wrong so they can moan and shout :censored: but the vast majority are supporting them at the start. By the end, most of the fans are angry and annoyed at the players.

If the players want full support all the way through they need to give the fans something to support.

Why whats changed? Am guessing you found the vile abuse against kelly unjust too??

Darren Kelly 7games 7points

David Dunn 13 games 12 points

Not big on comparsions, you crazy kids need to change the mindset at games though or else we are buggered. Edited by deyres42

Maybe, but at the start of every game the fans are supporting them. No doubt some are hoping it goes wrong so they can moan and shout :censored: but the vast majority are supporting them at the start. By the end, most of the fans are angry and annoyed at the players.

If the players want full support all the way through they need to give the fans something to support.

I hear you but at times negativity breeds negativity.

Not big on comparsions, you crazy kids need to the change the mindset at games though or less we are buggered.

As above at the start of games any club in our league would struggle to match our support. especially away, but when the fans put more effort in than the players something is wrong. They look lost, its a shambles we have lost 3 in a row and the more gamed dd is in charge the more we look as if we are going backwards. In my opinion results prove this.

Tough times call for resilience and tough characters. On and off the pitch this is needed, those ON the pitch will be found out and those OFF the pitch likewise. If you think abusing your players, manager and board is the way forward, then get off the bus. Support is dwindling, but you're not support. Those players not up for the job likewise.

I'm not going at the minute as I put my resilience into a local amateur football team, but my team don't deserve kegged up buffoons making things worse!

As above at the start of games any club in our league would struggle to match our support. especially away, but when the fans put more effort in than the players something is wrong. They look lost, its a shambles we have lost 3 in a row and the more gamed dd is in charge the more we look as if we are going backwards. In my opinion results prove this.

Look, you might get your way soon enough with a change of manager, either way you have to start backing the team now.

Be nice to hear the thoughts of the likes of James Wilson, Danny Fannyskirk, Liam Kelly. Wilson and Fannyskirk have been AWOL for 18 months, if not longer. I am angrier at the players than the novice boss we have. But ultimately it is the leader of the whole club that should be on the end of all the anger. He has :censored:ed up a potential reinvigoration of this club. Survival confirmed April 2015, new stand on the way and the chance to get bums on seats etc etc and breath new life. What a monumental f..k up he has achieved. I have no patience for ineptitude on this level. F..k Corney and for sure this :censored: will be remembered by us all for a long time to come.

I've found the lack of support and goodwill towards him bizarre (as has he) and I think it has done us no favours.

He certainly hasn't had the initial support of the fans like most new managers get. In my opinion thats due to the way he was slithered into the job like a snake. He probably knew he was manager for 6 weeks whilst kelly was struggling. The whole saga was another example of the amature way the club's run

Do the pissed up morons screaming foul mouthed abuse at the team they're supposedly there to support really think they're helping? Do they :censored:, they haven't the intelligence to suss that out. If they were that angry at the team's performances they just wouldn't go anymore. Embarrassing

Do the pissed up morons screaming foul mouthed abuse at the team they're supposedly there to support really think they're helping? Do they :censored:, they haven't the intelligence to suss that out. If they were that angry at the team's performances they just wouldn't go anymore. Embarrassing

Agree with that.

Id suggest the ones screaming abuse are more intelligent than those clapping as we freefall in to league 2 are, least they ackowledge whats coming!

Id suggest the ones screaming abuse are more intelligent than those clapping as we freefall in to league 2 are, least they ackowledge whats coming!

2 of the chief culprits for screaming abuse were equally embarrassing at the pre season friendly at Chester before a ball was kicked in anger,they were hurling foul mouthed abuse,it must be how they get their kick from watching Latics.

None of us are happy with the situation but most of us are able to vent our frustration in a responsible fashion. The lads on the pitch aren't earning mega bucks and aren't going on the pitch deliberately to get beat. Foul mouthed personal abuse that most wouldn't give them 1 to 1,to their face or if they were a friend or relative,has no place in helping put things right.

Things aren't right, but that has got more to do with the way the club is being misguided from the top.We can't even open a restaurant never mind run a football club that wins matches and entertains the fans.

2 of the chief culprits for screaming abuse were equally embarrassing at the pre season friendly at Chester before a ball was kicked in anger,they were hurling foul mouthed abuse,it must be how they get their kick from watching Latics.

None of us are happy with the situation but most of us are able to vent our frustration in a responsible fashion. The lads on the pitch aren't earning mega bucks and aren't going on the pitch deliberately to get beat. Foul mouthed personal abuse that most wouldn't give them 1 to 1,to their face or if they were a friend or relative,has no place in helping put things right.

A mate of mine has stopped taking his teenage daughter to matches this season as the foul mouthed idiots just never shut up.

Away days are far and away worse. Well said laticsmarra

Edited by ChaddySmoker

The atmosphere was generally positive for quite a bit. The bloke who booted the ball from Wilson was widely renounced.

Of course some are waiting for failure, but the vast (and vocal) majority were well behind the team before we went behind.

The team were :censored:e. The fans followed. It wasn't the other way around. Sorry to disappoint...

What did Dunn expect? To be lauded? We're :censored:e. The performances are :censored:e. He can and should not expect anything more than Kelly got. I disagreed with Kelly's abuse, but we're far worse under Dunn than we were under Kelly.

I think the players deserved the chants, personally. You can't say whether it will help or not now either. No individual was picked on, the team were all subject to the same chants and it could give them the kick up the arse they *desperately* need.

Edited by NewBlue