Acknowledgement.

Home already - that today was toxic, simply poisonous on and off the pitch. I'm as low as ever been in terms of trying to muster the energy to support this bunch of gutless wonders and that includes the management and board. I've never known a club, team, coaching staff and board so far removed from what the fans actually want - namely an attacking side. Instead they delude themselves that the fans are being harsh on them. 3 wins in 28. Time for me to take a break. I've already booked train tickets for a day in York next Saturday. Sheff United away can bite me.....

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would they come over to get even more abuse? I get that people are pissed off but ironic cheering of cornell at the end of the Southend end have was bad enough (I know he had a bad game but still it really isn't going to help is it) that it carried on into this game was pathetic.

A guy sat behind me seemed bemused that our players were scared of trying to pick out a more difficult pass and kept playing the easy ball, well of course they will, their confidence is shot and they get dogs abuse if what they try doesn't come off.

The constant booing and anger towards them isn't going to help improve things. Yes they've been crap for the most part and yes people will say they've paid there money they can do what they want, but we need to move forward and we need to do it quickly otherwise this may be the season we don't avoid relegation, and there is no reason for us to think we would bounce right back.

We need to try and get behind them. I don't think Dunn is the right man and I don't think some of the players deserve their place in the team but Dunn probably isn't going anywhere and he's going to continue to pick these players so we need to support them and they need to turn this round. They don't go out there and play badly on purpose, and just because they don't all run round like headless chickens doesn't mean they don't care.

Next Saturday league form goes out the window, let's go there support them and hope they put a performance in and we can get a decent draw in the next round. We went to forest a few years ago in bad form got behind them and grabbed a win which help put us on a decent enough run in the league to stay up and we got three great fa cup games thrown in there too, you never know it could happen again

Sorry Gemma, I can't get behind that bunch.

I don't have the patience (or the delusion) to get behind them.

They're a disgrace. All-round.

They deserved all the chants at the end. I don't care if they acknowledge us or not, I can understand why they wouldn't, but I won't be acknowledging them until I see something I deem worthy of applause.

It will kill us if we take that sort of performance seriously. Having a laugh about how wank they are keeps you sane...

Home already - that today was toxic, simply poisonous on and off the pitch. I'm as low as ever been in terms of trying to muster the energy to support this bunch of gutless wonders and that includes the management and board. I've never known a club, team, coaching staff and board so far removed from what the fans actually want - namely an attacking side. Instead they delude themselves that the fans are being harsh on them. 3 wins in 28. Time for me to take a break. I've already booked train tickets for a day in York next Saturday. Sheff United away can bite me.....

How refreshing it was to watch TPs youngsters go for it last night, full blooded attacking football in atrocious weather conditions, every player knew what his job was, and everyone was comfortable in their positions, the problem is how are they to progress?

Edited by BP1960

Probably tanked up (something I have noticed on the few occasions I have been away : bury and rochdale) there seems to be more foul mouthed tools that drag themselves along half cut and it is embarrassing - I'm not particularly over sensitive but when you have young kids with you and feel compelled to move away from fellow supporters because they think it's OK to use totally inappropriate language I can see how these situations happen.

haha he was the one who drove us there, so if you are sticking up for that shower of :censored:e today!! WTF

How refreshing it was to watch TPs youngsters go for it last night, full blooded attacking football in atrocious weather conditions, every player knew what his job was, and everyone was comfortable in their positions, the problem is how are they to progress?

Unless something changes they won't. They'd be better advised to drop to non-league and get some game time rather than spend the next year or two suffering like the current crop.

IMO the players not hanging around at the ft whistle was probably more to do with damage limitation than anything else. I believe players should always acknowledge fans who have travelled in support of the team, but I'm not sure I would have fancied approaching our fans at the end.

We really are in a mess just now.

Not sure what point the bloke who kicked the ball away was trying to make. A real "facepalm" moment..

The reaction be the fans at the end was to be expected. What the players did was pretty irrelevant.

If I'm honest, I'm pleased that some fans still have the enthusiasm to show they care.

Anger is an energy!

Edited by JoeP

To be fair, i'm not sure I'd be too enthusiastic about giving a round of applause to a few hundred people shouting ':censored: off' at me.

I don't disagree - but I actually think that it is part of a professional footballers responsibility.

They are in a sport that places them firmly in the public eye and they should recognise that. I thought they upped and left for the sanctuary of the main stand pretty quickly on Tuesday in truth.

We all have parts of our job we hate and I daresay a number of our players have a pretty low opinion of elements of our 'support', but tough. There are kids and very fair minded people who follow this shower all over the country - and they should be acknowledged as such.

If you don't then you just risk alienating more of your customers which isn't sensible in any business.

I have sympathy for James Wilson though. I wasn't there today but I was at MK when he led the team right across to the travelling fans to take pelters. I thought it was out of order then.... and sounds even more ridiculous today!!

I've found the lack of support and goodwill towards him bizarre (as has he) and I think it has done us no favours.

Aww bless, are we blaming the fans again for the three stooges being tactically clueless? He has had plenty of support, a damn site more than he or Holden offered Kelly, it didn't seem to worry any of you then when Kelly was hung out to dry did it?

Aww bless, are we blaming the fans again for the three stooges being tactically clueless? He has had plenty of support, a damn site more than he or Holden offered Kelly, it didn't seem to worry any of you then when Kelly was hung out to dry did it?

No, but the poisonous atmosphere you lot are creating will do no good, if you think it will then carry on.

Why don't you get down to a game and inject some positivity then? I left before the end so dont blame me, we wouldn't of scored if we were still playing now.

I'm not one of the hardcore these days bud, if you are and want to see a better team then now is the time to support the team like never before.