Acknowledgement.

Id suggest the ones screaming abuse are more intelligent than those clapping as we freefall in to league 2 are, least they ackowledge whats coming!

*shakes head*

You obviously just don't get it - as someone who stopped taking my 2 kids to away games because of the knuckledraggers who just get pissed and shout expletives all day long,seemingly with no idea they are offending people (or maybe just don't give a :censored:?) It's not on -doesn't help the team and will give the club a bad reputation - maybe some anger management needed? But then again its probably just a reflection on society...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see myself as a boo boy but I also see when we play well and with passion. I've never seen anything like the end of the match today. I had to stop a very good friend from going on the pitch it was that bad, all I want to see is some heart passion and some shots is that too much to ask for. Players should be able to take boos on the chin

I see myself as a boo boy but I also see when we play well and with passion. I've never seen anything like the end of the match today. I had to stop a very good friend from going on the pitch it was that bad, all I want to see is some heart passion and some shots is that too much to ask for. Players should be able to take boos on the chin

What would your friend have done if you hadn't stopped him? Squared up to Dunn? Screamed obscenities at the players? I'm so sick of the foulmouthed pissed up knobheads spoutting :censored:e virtually from the kick off. Decent supporters are no longer taking their kids to games because of these pricks and that's indefensible.

Have any of you thought the players are just out of their depth? hence cannot do anything about it.

Booing is bad but hurling abuse is absolutely counter productive and without doubt make the players unwilling to PLAY FOR YOU. They will however try for themselves. You reap what you sow. Without question most of the scenes at the end was booze fuelled and actually quite cowardly, why cowardly? cos you know the players aint gonna lay you out.

Trust me if the whole crowd took the view of a never say die attitude collectively everyone would feel better and certainly together. I am as pissed off and down as the rest by the way.

Have any of you thought the players are just out of their depth? hence cannot do anything about it.

Booing is bad but hurling abuse is absolutely counter productive and without doubt make the players unwilling to PLAY FOR YOU. They will however try for themselves. You reap what you sow. Without question most of the scenes at the end was booze fuelled and actually quite cowardly, why cowardly? cos you know the players aint gonna lay you out.

Trust me if the whole crowd took the view of a never say die attitude collectively everyone would feel better and certainly together. I am as pissed off and down as the rest by the way.

Well said Lags. All of us are down but some can express their feelings without being foul mouthed-whether it be on here or at a match.

The thing that probably dissappoints me most is that we cannot just blame the youngsters as the worse offenders are often 40 or 50 y.o. 'men.' Cowards!

Like me there will others on this board who have 22 or 23 year old sons. I think those of us who do will have some realisation of just how young in reality they are, how inexperienced in life they are , how vulnerable they are( of course they think they are immortal themselves).......Last week when Cloeman dropped the ball for Barnsley winner I booed and called him fit to burn.......however when I took time to reflect I had to wonder why an intelligent man was publicly decrying a 19 year old keeper who is barely old enough to live away from his parents for dropping a ball

Perhaps it told me more about myself than Coleman. Don.t get me wrong football is about opinions emotions disappointments and expressing them.....it is not about personal abuse though surely.

Looks like us fans have come to a cross road as such.

I appreciate both sides, the happy clappers and the booers too....and trust me being on the end of a fellow latics fans personal attack is not pretty either and yes it happened again same fella the other Saturday too.

Personally, I think we need to support as these are the players we are stuck with for the moment, like a naughty child I might want to give em a clip round the earlobes, tell them to man up and all but, I don't think any of the them at the moment have the back bone to take it, so I think we need to support, that's what we do isn't it?

If we don't I believe not only will be stuck in the bottom four but highly likely to get relegated too.

I believe it's time for the club to make a statement too, acknowledging it's not pretty, giving us some indication of a plan to get of this mess.

If we want to encourage this lot and get behind them, there was planned and I still think is still on too a "party in the park" initiative for the home match on sat 12th. The club and trust were hoping to raise spirits for all by creating a bit of festive cheer. To have some brass bands, mince pies, mulled wine, possible free raffle tickets for prizes, have a go at a record for most Christmas jumpers on show in one place, also a food bank drive/donate a gift for an unfortunate too. Well that as the plan.....and unless anything has drastically changed should be promote more this week.

Oh well

The atmosphere was generally positive for quite a bit. The bloke who booted the ball from Wilson was widely renounced.

Of course some are waiting for failure, but the vast (and vocal) majority were well behind the team before we went behind.

The team were :censored:e. The fans followed. It wasn't the other way around. Sorry to disappoint...

What did Dunn expect? To be lauded? We're :censored:e. The performances are :censored:e. He can and should not expect anything more than Kelly got. I disagreed with Kelly's abuse, but we're far worse under Dunn than we were under Kelly.

I think the players deserved the chants, personally. You can't say whether it will help or not now either. No individual was picked on, the team were all subject to the same chants and it could give them the kick up the arse they *desperately* need.

Agreed. Bar posh where Kelly knew he was.gone he had us solid and compact and hard to beat. Both managers knew their best formation then went 442 when we stopped scoring due to fan pressure.

It wasn't the formation that's the problem.

In 7 days we have lost to a team who had lost 9 on the bounce. Shipped 5 at home to bloody Southend United and failed to test the keeper away at bottom of the league.

Is it any wonder tempers are flairing?

After 19 games last season we was 6th and had lost only 3 all season. We have yet to get a decent 90mins this season.

Most of us start each game with hope. I'll say it again these players are good enough to beat Barnsley and Crewe and should have given Southend a game.

When you consider what we have been put through off the pitch in 2015 it is no wonder that reactions are aggressive when the team consistently under performs. The one home league win against Fleetwood could/should have been a thrashing but somehow we survived the onslaught and even played some decent football.

Darren Kelly the best of over 100 applicants undoubtedly started the rot. David Dunn, despite all the loan players, has been unable to turn the corner and his team is going from bad to worse.

If I didn't have a season ticket I wouldn't be going. I can't get any enthusiasm for going to away games. I don't boo or shout abuse. The sad thing is that now it is not only the neanderthals that are shouting abuse. Won't help but most of us do care about this football club hence the frustration.

Be nice to hear the thoughts of the likes of James Wilson, Danny Fannyskirk, Liam Kelly. Wilson and Fannyskirk have been AWOL for 18 months, if not longer. I am angrier at the players than the novice boss we have. But ultimately it is the leader of the whole club that should be on the end of all the anger. He has :censored:ed up a potential reinvigoration of this club. Survival confirmed April 2015, new stand on the way and the chance to get bums on seats etc etc and breath new life. What a monumental f..k up he has achieved. I have no patience for ineptitude on this level. F..k Corney and for sure this :censored: will be remembered by us all for a long time to come.

Wouldn't "Fanny Philliskirk" work better?

As NewBlue has pointed out, the fans were not relentlessly negative yesterday. There was plenty of encouragement right up to that injury time corner we wasted.

I was angry at the end and joined in with the "what the f***ing hell was that? " chant.

When I got home and calmed down I asked myself why I was getting so angry after 3 defeats on the run when that has been such a familiar experience in recent years and has never upset me so much before.

I concluded 2 things:

1. In these last 3 games I feel a lack of ability has been less influential than a lack of effort. Effort is the one thing a professional team should always give, regardless of ability.

2. Part of my anger is nothing to do with what I'm seeing on the pitch. It's about the shambolic way the club has been run since the opening of the new stand was announced in April.

That got me thinking about work places in general. You don't see many companies where a shambolic senior management team is bailed out by a highly professional diligent workforce. The example set by those at the top of the organisation nearly always filters down through the entire company.

My conclusion is that change needs to start at the top. I think that means either new ownership or Corney appointing an experienced, high quality chief executive.

Looks like us fans have come to a cross road as such.

I appreciate both sides, the happy clappers and the booers too....and trust me being on the end of a fellow latics fans personal attack is not pretty either and yes it happened again same fella the other Saturday too.

Personally, I think we need to support as these are the players we are stuck with for the moment, like a naughty child I might want to give em a clip round the earlobes, tell them to man up and all but, I don't think any of the them at the moment have the back bone to take it, so I think we need to support, that's what we do isn't it?

If we don't I believe not only will be stuck in the bottom four but highly likely to get relegated too.

I believe it's time for the club to make a statement too, acknowledging it's not pretty, giving us some indication of a plan to get of this mess.

If we want to encourage this lot and get behind them, there was planned and I still think is still on too a "party in the park" initiative for the home match on sat 12th. The club and trust were hoping to raise spirits for all by creating a bit of festive cheer. To have some brass bands, mince pies, mulled wine, possible free raffle tickets for prizes, have a go at a record for most Christmas jumpers on show in one place, also a food bank drive/donate a gift for an unfortunate too. Well that as the plan.....and unless anything has drastically changed should be promote more this week.

Oh well

So the events for the next home game have been planned by the Trust? Sounds like a good idea, positive.

If the players weren't good enough to be performing better I wouldn't have sang those songs after the final whistle, nor do I regret it now, really. (Maybe I will if we get trounced at Sheffield...)

It wasn't personal abuse either. It was a collective rant at our players, the board and whoever else has caused this. Songs like 'we're :censored: and we're sick of it', 'what the :censored:ing hell was that', 'you're not fit to wear the shirt' don't single out one player. There are several senior players among that bunch who are old enough to take it on the chin. We're not talking about a group of 19 year-olds here.

There some who were probably OTT in terms of language, actions etc. but there were a lot of reasonable blokes I've seen travel here, there and everywhere to follow this club join in at the end. To decry them all as negative, or unintelligent is naïve and narrow-minded.

If the players weren't good enough to be performing better I wouldn't have sang those songs after the final whistle, nor do I regret it now, really. (Maybe I will if we get trounced at Sheffield...)

It wasn't personal abuse either. It was a collective rant at our players, the board and whoever else has caused this. Songs like 'we're :censored: and we're sick of it', 'what the :censored:ing hell was that', 'you're not fit to wear the shirt' don't single out one player. There are several senior players among that bunch who are old enough to take it on the chin. We're not talking about a group of 19 year-olds here.

There some who were probably OTT in terms of language, actions etc. but there were a lot of reasonable blokes I've seen travel here, there and everywhere to follow this club join in at the end. To decry them all as negative, or unintelligent is naïve and narrow-minded.

I'm with this. I will say the players copped flack for the collective shambles of the last 12 months or so. However I don't believe for a minute that they couldn't have given more on the pitch, and aren't capable of better.

This is not the time for it though.

These players are on the floor at the moment, management is struggling to find the answers.

Every player that comes in usually remarks on the strength of the support, I don't recognise that at present.

Better after the game than during the game.

I can't see where the answers are going to come from. Dunn is badly, badly struggling to get anything from them. Even if it's borne of antipathy towards the fans, I'd take any sort of reaction from the players at present. If they all came and flicked the V's towards us after a win I'd be content.

You need something to support. We didn't even have a single meaningful shot yesterday.

spot on newblue

More relevant than any formation or tactical decisions at the moment is the fact that so few of the players want the ball. Whether anyone feels that it's justified or not, I put a big part of that down to the moaning and groaning for mistakes or passes that go anywhere other than forwards.

The best advice anyone could give the players at the moment is to ignore anything that comes from the fans, be it praise or criticism. Just concentrate on your own job and then walk off the pitch. 2015 may well have been dreadful. The last 20 years plus may well have seemed like a dreadful hangover but Jay Fulton can't really be blamed for either.