Its been nearly a year since Corney said he had quit after the Ched shambles. If only!

Lie after lie, cock up after cock up. Theres not a chance of the atmosphere at the club changing until he goes and takes his monkeys with him.

Edited by NIKI1234

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now we are over the budget for the season, unless Dunn and corney can move a number of players on then there will be very little budget for new players.

If SC takes the club into administration the club is truly :censored:ed as the major asset (land and stadia) won't be part of the transaction. He can charge whatever rent he wants along with keeping the new stand totally independent of the club.

Right now we are over the budget for the season, unless Dunn and corney can move a number of players on then there will be very little budget for new players.

If SC takes the club into administration the club is truly :censored:ed as the major asset (land and stadia) won't be part of the transaction. He can charge whatever rent he wants along with keeping the new stand totally independent of the club.

I thought it was the other 2 who owned the ground and land plus there is a covenant on it plus we have a lease which has some value on it.

The problem would be finding a buyer to take over a loss making business that has been run into the ground.

Right all you Corney haters and knockers-Oh and lets include Jim McMahon in that now. You seem to think that this league has a line of rich people queuing up to buy football clubs. Lets see how long it takes to off load Port Vale who have just been put up for sale.

Blitz and Gazal should write-off any loans to the club made before they decided to walk away and leave Corney minding their interests.

I'm sure we'd be a much more attractive proposition without that £6m pothole.

Edited by JohnnyPimp

Blitz and Gazal should write-off any loans to the club made before they decided to walk away and leave Corney minding their interests.

I'm sure we'd be a much more attractive proposition without that £6m pothole.

Brilliant. excuse me sir, things arent going excellent here can you write off £6 milliion?

Its what they did the day they bought a football club.... Do you know anyone who has made money out of the game ?

This is the answer that I would give to anyone who thinks that it's unreasonable to expect them to write-off dead money.

Edited by JohnnyPimp

That's the point-no I don't, not legally anyway. So when everybody is calling for Corney out, what's the incentive/motive for somebody else to come in unless they are a supporter of the club?

Most rich people have big egos and want a Football club to play with for a couple of years to show how big there balls are.... I believe rich people still like to do this....

If we have finally got to the point where the rich people have grown up and stop being silly.... Then maybe its time for Football as a whole to grow up and start sorting its :censored: out....

Either way... Sticking with Corney just because it might get tough for us is fruitless... We are going nowhere... We are slowly dieing and have been for a while.... Sometimes you have to take some risks....

Edited by oafc0000

Nice idea, have you stood at your front door and thrown £10.00 notes down the road? Cos in effect that's what you are asking them to do.

I plan to use the Blitz/Gazal model on my kids. Clothe them, feed them, put them through Uni and all that and then, on the day they leave home, I'll let them know I want every penny of it back.

I plan to use the Blitz/Gazal model on my kids. Clothe them, feed them, put them through Uni and all that and then, on the day they leave home, I'll let them know I want every penny of it back.

I once worked with a bloke who was asked to do exactly that by his parents.

The relationship was a little strained to say the least.

Ah the old brigade are back...

The ones who think that anyone who runs a company badly shouldn't expect to lose money hand over fist. Shame Woolworths weren't run by Messers Gazal and Blitz, I used to enjoy going in there.

As for the chap saying let's see how quick Port Vale are sold...can he enlighten us on the ownership of land, assets, covenants in place, etc etc. You know...the things that shape a deal/sale??? As we only know, it isn't that simple to just sell a club. But good luck to them!

Ah, BB80 is back. The bloke who thinks there is a line of wealthy business men out there desperate to buy a football club so they can watch their bank balance disappear.

Its not for me to enlighten you as to the financial status of Port Vale-the chairman says they are not about to go bust. They do have a stand that is still awaiting completion after SEVERAL YEARS whereas ours is now open!!!

Ah, BB80 is back. The bloke who thinks there is a line of wealthy business men out there desperate to buy a football club so they can watch their bank balance disappear.

Its not for me to enlighten you as to the financial status of Port Vale-the chairman says they are not about to go bust. They do have a stand that is still awaiting completion after SEVERAL YEARS whereas ours is now open!!!

Think you'll find the two stands are quite similar in that they both have fans in but are "still awaiting completion"

Is Rotherham's, Brentford's and Bournemouth's businessmen currently watching their bank balance disappear? Or have they steadily built within their means (before you quote the Russian at Bournemouth, they've sold players and haven't spent a fortune chasing the dream) and have gone from the brink to millions ahead of us in a handful of years?

There are people out there. They just don't want to dance with the devil in disguise.

Agreed there are some people out there.

You chose Rotherham:-

Stewart brought the struggling club out of administration two summers ago, a situation they had been in since March that year, costing them ten points and a League Two play-off position. The millionaire bought the club, became Chairman and immediately pledged substantial funding: first to save, then to steady the Millers. To date he has written off “significant investments” and provided further amounts through loans and sponsorship from his local lighting business. (ASD employs 170 people in the town.) “He has done very well in his business life and comes to this with a big sense of civic duty,” believes Douglas.

You chose Bournemouth:-

According to Bournemouth’s 2013-14 accounts, Demin has pumped around £25million into the club in the form of two loans. Indeed their first season in the Championship – they have just won the Championship title in their second – resulted in losses of more than £10million with staff costs of £17.3m and a debt of £21.5m.

Here's Brentford:-

Brentford owner Matthew Benham does not believe this, of course. He made his fortune from statistical evaluation and gambling - and has ploughed upwards of £90million of it into Brentford, so credit for that - and believes football can be approached the same way.

Oh and finally, my point about the stands which choose to conveniently ignore was the line "Several Years"

Think you'll find the two stands are quite similar in that they both have fans in but are "still awaiting completion"

Is Rotherham's, Brentford's and Bournemouth's businessmen currently watching their bank balance disappear? Or have they steadily built within their means (before you quote the Russian at Bournemouth, they've sold players and haven't spent a fortune chasing the dream) and have gone from the brink to millions ahead of us in a handful of years?

There are people out there. They just don't want to dance with the devil in disguise.

Haven't spend a fortune?

I know these things are relative to say City, but compared to us they have. £11m a year wages and salaries.

Of course, if you are going to get £100m in income next year, then you need to, but that sort of money is miles away from us at the moment.

In just 2013 The accounts showed that AFC Bournemouth Ltd lost £15.3million over the past 12 months, debt now £15.5million.

2 significant loans, one of £7.5million which is owed by October 2014 to Wintel Petrochemicals who are controlled by the Cherries Russian owner Maxim Demin.

The other loan of £8.7million is to the football club's parent company 'AFCB Enterprises Limited', another company controlled by Demin, this debt is owed until February 2018. Interest is at 3%

Overall costs for wages and salaries for the period were just shy of £11million

In 2013/14 it was another £10m, so Demin's debt stood at £25m.

The total accumualted debt was £30m in 2014.

And that is before the promotion to the Prem

They complied with the rules, they have been relatively well run, they have a massive windfall and income, but they will have to spend not to go back down

Nonetheless they have spent very big by our standards.

If someone was prepared to spend £30m on us, Corney would snatch his hand off like a shot.

Edited by singe