From the Chron....

The problem well have is getting him up to fitness, said Dunn. Because hes been out for so long and because of his knee, it will be a double-edged sword. Well have to come up with a programme that gets him as fit as we can without getting his knee swollen.

So from reading that I understand the operation he had was not to cure his long standing knee problem and so even when / if we can get him fit enough to play the handicap will still be there...........

Id be surprised if we saw him this season. His career was very near to end and the operation wasn't a success I cant see him holding up to the demands of full time professional football.

His pace and goals have been a huge loss this season

Likewise in the second half of last season.

From the Chron....

The problem well have is getting him up to fitness, said Dunn. Because hes been out for so long and because of his knee, it will be a double-edged sword. Well have to come up with a programme that gets him as fit as we can without getting his knee swollen.

So from reading that I understand the operation he had was not to cure his long standing knee problem and so even when / if we can get him fit enough to play the handicap will still be there...........

Maybe its just trying to lower our expectations a little as we seem to be pinning quite a bit on his return, would love to see him start wide left like he did early last season, playing him through the middle alone early this season did neither him or the club any favours, wide left on his day he could live with anyone in this division even 60/70 minutes worth. Edited by yarddog73

From the Chron....

Why do you think the operation was not for his knee?

Id be surprised if we saw him this season. His career was very near to end and the operation wasn't a success I cant see him holding up to the demands of full time professional football.

His pace and goals have been a huge loss this season

What makes you say the operation was not a success?

Why do you think the operation was not for his knee?

Because his problem used to be that from time to time his knee swelled up and he had to rest it for a game or three.... The fact that they will still have to be careful that his knee doesn't swell up suggests it either hasn't worked or the op was to cure another problem.

Because his problem used to be that from time to time his knee swelled up and he had to rest it for a game or three.... The fact that they will still have to be careful that his knee doesn't swell up suggests it either hasn't worked or the op was to cure another problem.

Non sequitur