Merry Christmas (and a question about Higdon)

To all Latics fans out there, may I wish you a Merry Christmas first of all. I've always enjoyed good beer and banter with the Oldham fans on my travels over the hill from Sheffield and having lived in Lancashire some years ago I've a lot of time for Lancashire folk in general. (It helps that I'm not a true Yorkie though).

Anyhow, I wanted to ask your opinions on Michael Higdon? I understand he's now back with us after his loan spell at Boundary Park. I don't know why he's back with us, whether he was surplus to requirements at Oldham or whether our boss wants him back in the squad for the busy Christmas period. I've no idea.

All I know is that I would have been pleased to have never seen him in a Sheff Utd shirt ever again. He is probably the most immobile, unskilful, lazy looking player that I've ever seen play for us. I was delighted when he went out on loan and sincerely hoped that he'd never return. However, I've noticed that he's scored a few goals for you and I'm kind of wondering whether I've been a bit too harsh on the lad and whether he's got something to offer after all?

I'd be interested to know:

How did he perform for you?

How do you rate him/would you like to have kept him?

Morning THR and merry Christmas. His loan deal as many do at this time of year has simply ended before the January window, you could very well see him go out on loan again I'd wager.

For us he was ok. Not very mobile as you said. I wouldn't say his loan period with us galvanised him to your first team standard but he's not been dire, just very average.

Merry Christmas THR.

From the matches I've seen we look a lot more threatening with him on the pitch than without him, but his lack of mobility is certainly an issue. If him and Poleon had more time playing together we might've seen more out of him because those two looked like forming an effective partnership. I think we could do worse for the rest of the season but we'll probably look elsewhere.

In summary, he's useful to a team at this level that's in a crisis, which certainly describes us! On paper with the strikers you've got he should be nowhere near your first team.

• 1 month later...