if we played like we did for that 20 mins today...

All season would we be good enough to stay up? We were hungry for it, and showed pride, passion and belief in the shirt. If we did stay up how far would it take us? Clearly confidence is a massive part in our game as the drastic change in our play when firstly, we scored and secondly when they got the winner was plain for all to see.

Question is, if we could play like that for 20 mins, why have we not seen it more often this year? Motivation? Tactics? Commitment? Quality? And who's at fault for the lack of it

All season would we be good enough to stay up? We were hungry for it, and showed pride, passion and belief in the shirt. If we did stay up how far would it take us? Clearly confidence is a massive part in our game as the drastic change in our play when firstly, we scored and secondly when they got the winner was plain for all to see.

Question is, if we could play like that for 20 mins, why have we not seen it more often this year? Motivation? Tactics? Commitment? Quality? And who's at fault for the lack of it

:censored: managers sending them out with negative tactics

Took a goal completely out of the blue to do it.

Nothing management has done to show what we are capable of.

Y

Unfortunately not in my opinion as all season we have looked likely to concede a goal at any possible moment no matter how well we are playing. Today was a case in point. All over them, attacking with speed and verve for 20 minutes and the first time they get into our half they need 2 touches to score. We don't make enough clear chances, we make far too many individual mistakes and always look likely to let one in.

This is what Dunn had to say 7 weeks ago after the defeat by Barnsley and on the eve of Southend at home.........

Oldham Athletic manager David Dunn says his main focus is making sure his side can perform for a full 90 minutes ahead of tomorrow's match with Southend United.

Latics head into the game on the back of Saturdays 2-1 defeat at home to Barnsley , with the visitors dominating proceedings in the first half before Oldham improved in the

second.

It was the sixth straight match where Oldham failed to score during the opening 45 minutes, and Dunn insists that has to change.

We need to play well for a full 90 minutes, thats the biggest thing I have taken from the last few games, he said.

Since then we've played 6 and failed to score in the first half 5 times, Colchester being the exception and still haven't played for anything like 45 minutes never mind 90! We've managed only 2 points from a possible 18 and nothing much has changed.

A lack of commitment and motivation is evident whenever we start a game and that has to be down to the coach and manager to address. Today we only started to play after Jones's free kick went in and it just seems to be the same format week in week out. We were much better when Forte came on who started to run at them every time he got the ball and if we can get and keep him fit he just might be the player who could change our fortunes.

The question is, can Dunn get us on any sort of winning sequence anytime soon, history would say no, so,

do we stick with him and hope it comes together, or do we move now and get set to appoint our 5th manager in under a year?

My take is it was the personal initiative, desire and pride of Jones and Forte which drove us forward, if we saw the same attitude from a few others it would help.

I would include Dummigan and Winchester in that positive mix. However, in order to play like we did for the majority of the second half, we need decent defenders. Dummigan and Dieng apart we don't have them at the club

General observation on yesterday was that (once again) we gave the ball away far too cheaply - Kelly, Wilson in particular and we got dragged out of position far too often - Lafferty had a shocker. As has been said more than once on this board, we need a leader at the back. Incidentally, kicking apart, Coleman had a decent game.

Edited by TheBigDog

Feel infinitely more confident with Forte and Winchester playing, Kelly with Jones in the centre and Murphy up front. With the two full-backs, it's a good base in this league.

Couple more additions in the week and I don't think we're far off being alright. Although ultimately we need to find that first win from somewhere to get the ball rolling. Yesterday showed the difference between a team that doesn't know how to win, and one who came with confidence.

Have a funny feeling will do Bradford over next week if we can bring in a physical centre half before then.

You must have been watching a different match to me then! That's the best I've seen Dieng play as a centre back. Opinions huh?

Must have been lol. Couple times he passed it straight to their players under no pressure giving them the ball in a dangerous position. Then he was half responsible for the disgusting school boy defending where him and Wilson were looking at each other let the ball bounce and waited while they got hold of it

You must have been watching a different match to me then! That's the best I've seen Dieng play as a centre back. Opinions huh?

Me too I thought his only problem was a lack of a decent centre half next to him. I think he'd be quality if was allowed to make the position his own with a big bruiser next to him. The kid has ability think it's more there are too many poor players around him

Feel infinitely more confident with Forte and Winchester playing, Kelly with Jones in the centre and Murphy up front. With the two full-backs, it's a good base in this league.

Couple more additions in the week and I don't think we're far off being alright. Although ultimately we need to find that first win from somewhere to get the ball rolling. Yesterday showed the difference between a team that doesn't know how to win, and one who came with confidence.

Have a funny feeling will do Bradford over next week if we can bring in a physical centre half before then.

We need to find a dominant centre back or Hanson will have a field day.