Adam Johnson

Evidence in court confirms he knew she was 15 and sounds like he groomed her based on Facebook and email exchanges. He Googled 'legal age of consent' and asked her to delete emails etc.

If that's all true then he deserves all he gets. I know girls these days dress and act older than they are but the law is the law for a reason to protect those who believe that they old enough to make decisions.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have as a senior teacher sat with and taken "Fake driving licenses" off 14 and 15 year old girls used as ID for clubs whom even sat in front of me I would never of believed the girl in the photo on the card. Its not always as cut and dried as also know plenty go looking for a footballer. However he looks to have been well aware of her being of school age if reports true. Chancing she was older bloody stupid.

Having said that a school mate of sons was dating a VERY prominent TV celeb when she was 15. Nothing new as school friend of mine and my wife's was dating Stuart Hall when she had just left Crompton House in 1970s and modelling for M&S.

I know all that - that's not my point if you read my later post where I have copied the legal definition

I am well aware that a lot of girls look older these days and go out in clubs the point I'm making if he did believe she was older he wouldn't have pleaded guilty because by definition in law he wouldn't be guilty.

I have as a senior teacher sat with and taken "Fake driving licenses" off 14 and 15 year old girls used as ID for clubs whom even sat in front of me I would never of believed the girl in the photo on the card. Its not always as cut and dried as also know plenty go looking for a footballer. However he looks to have been well aware of her being of school age if reports true. Chancing she was older bloody stupid.

Having said that a school mate of sons was dating a VERY prominent TV celeb when she was 15. Nothing new as school friend of mine and my wife's was dating Stuart Hall when she had just left Crompton House in 1970s and modelling for M&S.

Bit over the hill by Stuart Hall's standards

I would love to see how many of those who sang "he's done his time" over the Ched Evans debate would say the same of Adam Johnson after he serves his time (note: I'm aware we don't know how long he will receive due to the case being on-going however he has admitted 2 charges and will be on the sex offenders register after his release.) I suspect not many will sing the "served his time" line!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Just a thought...but if\when he's served his time he will surely be on the sex offenders register, so if he tried to get back into football would being on the register prohibit him doing so by virtue of having young kids at a club and would this be the case with Ched Evans as well?

Just a thought...but if\when he's served his time he will surely be on the sex offenders register, so if he tried to get back into football would being on the register prohibit him doing so by virtue of having young kids at a club and would this be the case with Ched Evans as well?

He's been charged with fiddling kids. I'd imagine he'll be captain of Rochdale within a month of release.

Also lets have it right, if found guilty Johnson meant his crimes. Hughes, Evans etc seem to have made mistakes or so they say and in some ways I would agree. The court has heard today that Johnson knew this girl was in year 10 (4th year in old money) and continued on anyway.

If you are on twitter look at @joshhalliday for reports from court. Sickening stuff.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/feb/12/adam-johnsons-arrogance-led-to-child-sexual-assault-court-told

Edited by Clifford

Also looking at Coleen Rooney, Ched Evan's girlfriend and now Stacey Flounders, what does a footballer have to do for their wife/girlfriend to ditch them?? Have wags got no self respect at all.

I thought exactly the same today when his gf was in court with him - mine would be willing to ditch me for forgetting to do the dishes never mind groping a schoolgirl in my car!!

I'm uncertain of the facts but I'm sure the red tops will be spouting their 'facts' over the weekend.

If he didn't genuinely know her age but she looked older and chased him then I do feel sorry of the lad regardless of him being a footballer or not.

Does the fact he had a pregnant girlfriend at the time shame the bastard entirely ?

Some disguising comments on here...what is wrong with people?

Today in court HE admitted to knowing she was 15, checking age of consenent online, and then still going ahead with inappropriate behaviour.

There is no 'other side' to the story she was underage and he has admitted to knowing it and has pleaded guilty!

I have a daughter and maybe this makes he more aware of stuff like this and I can't imagine what her Dad is feeling about the whole thing!

Staggered sometimes by people's moral compass!

Edited by super_blue

Also lets have it right, if found guilty Johnson meant his crimes. Hughes, Evans etc seem to have made mistakes or so they say and in some ways I would agree. The court has heard today that Johnson knew this girl was in year 10 (4th year in old money) and continued on anyway.

If you are on twitter look at @joshhalliday for reports from court. Sickening stuff.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/feb/12/adam-johnsons-arrogance-led-to-child-sexual-assault-court-told

He is :censored:ed.... Nasty piece of work...

Edited by oafc0000

Today in court HE admitted to knowing she was 15, checking age of consenent online, and then still going ahead with inappropriate behaviour.

There is no 'other side' to the story she was underage and he has admitted to knowing it and has pleaded guilty!

I have a daughter and maybe this makes he more aware of stuff like this and I can't imagine what her Dad is feeling about the whole thing!

Staggered sometimes by people's moral compass!

All of this

Did he? He hasn't given evidence yet has he?

I agree with the tone of your post. But there is a concept of innocent until proven guilty and he has pleaded not guilty to these two charges. There's a two week trial for a reason.

But there's zero justification for what he's pleaded guilty to. Disgusting.

I agree with the tone of your post. But there is a concept of innocent until proven guilty and he has pleaded not guilty to these two charges. There's a two week trial for a reason.

He is already guilty... Now its just a case of how guilty....

I'm almost sick of saying it but yes he has admitted to knowing her age by default of his guilty plea.

He has admitted to kissing her - which in law is sexual activity

I imagine the last two he denies involve more explicit sexual acts

But for the last time - he has accepted he knew she was underage