Change the way football attendances are calculated.

REGISTRATION REQUIRED. USE YOUR EMAIL. DO NOT CONTRIBUTE, THAT IS TO CHANGE. ORG NOT THEIR CAMPAIGN. This was sent to me by a Blackpool supporting mate. I should say it is requires registration, but that is a plus point because it creates an actual deliverable petition. It is the pr e-minent non-Govt. petition website.

Ernie flag report gets an honourable mention.

Please sign and share, the attendance at Blackpool v Oldham, was the catalyst for this petition. Many who attended were amazed at the actual attendance given was so high. As part of the greater campaign against the owners of Blackpool, a Blackpool fan has started this petition to have some sort of standard, and specifically that none attendees should not be included, for reasons given in the article. Self evidently, it would clearly show that the Blackpool supporters boycotting is affecting the attendance.

https://www.change.org/p/the-fa-petition-to-change-the-way-attendances-are-counted-at-football-matches/sponsors/new

Edited by singe

Just asks me to sign it does not explain why and from someone who works clubs on matchdays don't see why there is a need to start a petition against attendences.

Celebrate the win instead

The petition is not against us, it's not my petition, just it was our game at Blackpool that was the catalyst for the petition because Blackpool fans feel that their club is being dishonest. There were far less fans actually in attendance that declared.

This is about the bigger picture, rather than what affects us now.

What Blackpool fans are asking for is that all attendances be calculated the same way for all clubs.

In fact, they are asking that they be calculated the way we do. Oldham deserve praise for this.

I am merely trying to highlight and

show some solidarity,

I don't know why you can't see the text, it's not my petition, but this is what it saysLee OystonOut

United Kingdom

Supporters

It is a normal process at football stadiums to report attendance figures, this is a good way for supporters to keep up with how their clubs fans are attending, it also shows differences from one club to another.

It is becoming increasingly obvious that at stadiums it is common practice for the clubs to include Season ticket holders within their figures, whether they attend or not. This gives a false number and makes clubs seem more well attended than in reality. Giving the impression to those intending on going the impression that the atmosphere will be lively, when in truth it's deathly quiet.

CLUBS SHOULD ONLY BE ALLOWED TO COUNT THOSE WHO ARE ACTUALLY THERE!

This is important for several reasons, firstly; as a safety issue, if there is an emergency, emergency services could well be risking their lives searching for people who are simply not there.

Secondly; it also allows clubs to report higher numbers in attendance, when supporters are boycotting their team for whatever reason, making the boycotts appear less effective to those outside of the club. This issue is important, as when attendance figures are announced, they are also used for tables of attendance, meaning those with boycotts can cheat their way higher up the attendance statistics tables.

It is unfair and immoral for clubs to be allowed to count Season ticket holders even when they are boycotting their club. It means less media attention to the boycott and allows owners and chairmen to keep the spotlight off the truth.

Blackpool Football Club is just one example where this is happening. It must be stopped. True figures of attendances are important for many reasons.

Blackpool's stadium capacity is 17,338, and let's not forget one stand is closed completely.. The photo here was taken at the latest match between Blackpool and Oldham. The reported attendance was 7194. The picture shows much lower than this.

The view of Oldham fans:

http://www.ernieflag.co.uk/site/index.php/the-tour/5-on-the-road/186-season-8-blackpool

Let's get to the truth.

Edited by singe

I thought the police keep actually figures don't they ,

I know in a recent MEN article the crowd at OT is constantly shown as 76,000 yet police figures show actually average attendance was something

like 58,000 (can't remember exact figures) .

If that's the case then should be able to get actual figure attending from them under freedom of information !!!

Edited by losesome

I have updated to clarify. Alternatively, one could read the petition.... :wink:

It wouldn't let me read the petition without signing up.

This has important ramifications for the Prediction League...and as a side issue it really pisses me off that the Mongs consistently and systematically inflate their attendance so they can cheat financial fair play, allegedly.

I asked for two tickets on Tuesday. Paid the bloke in the little hut £50 cash. He gave me one ticket that said £25 and another that said £0.00 COMPLIMENTARY' on it. I gave the latter one back and asked for a proper ticket.

Not dodgy though.

:omg:

I thought the police keep actually figures don't they ,

I know in a recent MEN article the crowd at OT is constantly shown as 76,000 yet police figures show actually average attendance was something

like 58,000 (can't remember exact figures) .

If that's the case then should be able to get actual figure attending from them under freedom of information !!!

yes, I remember that - GMP studied United's attendances for a period of time and think it was often high 50's rather than in the 70's. Arsenal are another one - always close to sellout announced but you can see it's not true

As for Blackpool and their campaign - I dont hold any ill will towards them but does anyone recall the amount of cybermockery of us when the buckets were being rattled post Chris Moore - many net warrior Blackpool fans took great pleasure in it, more than any other club that I recall, and were so proud of how young Oyston was running their club. *chortle*