Oldham v Swindon

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Police need 10 days' notice. :bobby: :bobby:

Thought when people on here suggested the club rearrange to Blackpool game for the following Tuesday after postponement (3 days later) it was said both clubs needed to agree to such a quick turnaround on the official - no mention of the police and ten days

If the covers were on then the snow just needs sweeping off, and there should be no problem. If they weren't on then getting the snow off will be a bigger problem. If the pitch is ok it will be a big job to clear the area surrounding the ground. I'd say it's touch and go. Swindon fans set off at 09:00 so a later inspection may not be called.

If it's cos of the surrounding areas, then it's pretty poor. I've just walked across the car park to go to B&Q and back with no problems at all.

I suspect that we (Latics) aren't too fussed about the extra few days rest...

Agreed probably deliberate...SC would accept a reduced fans revenue if it meant we had a greater chance of getting the 3 points and staying up.

If it's cos of the surrounding areas, then it's pretty poor. I've just walked across the car park to go to B&Q and back with no problems at all.

You just said that it's likely to be off...

Too mollycoddled these days, players and fans.

Agreed probably deliberate...SC would accept a reduced fans revenue if it meant we had a greater chance of getting the 3 points and staying up.

You can't predict a result just because of the weather.

If covers had been put down in advance of the predicted snow there woudn't be 2 inches of snow on the pitch.

I hope the club groundsman has an explanation for this postponement.

Edited by BP1960

Money aside. I don't think this is a bad thing.

By the time we play them, hopefully they'll no longer be on a winning run, be out of reach for the playoffs therefore having little to play for, and won't fancy a Tuesday night game.