Your wife and Oldham Athletic?

Its not just football, recently my wife glanced at an England cricket match I was watching on TV when they showed a pie chart of where the batsman had scored his runs.

"That's a funny name for a player" she said "Morgan Wagonwheel"

I can beat that one, last Saturday I couldn't tell who scored our opening goal. Said to my mate who scored? She looked at her phone and said number 29

I spent the next couple of minutes looking for our number 29....when it suddenly dawned on me, there was no number 29 on the pitch. She bloody well quoted the minute we scored instead...doh!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took my sister to BP during the Richie season when we stayed up with wins against Stoke and Reading at the end of the season. Took her to the Gillingham game (we lost 1-4). Conversation went like this.

Me-right, we play in blue which is the team playing towards us.

Sis-right, why do the other team wear a different colour.

Me- because we need to know who to pass to.

Sis-ok. Yeeesssssss! (Sis is jumping up and down-At this point Gillingham score, all eyes in the chaddy are glaring at me and her, including all the 'cool' kids from my year at school)

Me-Sit down you silly cow.

Sis-why is noone cheering?

Me- Face palm.

I'd like to add this happened on two more occasions before the end of the game. We no longer speak about football, Oldham or THAT day.

Treated mine yesterday after doing the shopping crap on Friday. Took her out for Easter at Lunchtime. Oh look there is football on tele.

By half 2 she was in full flow after a few drinks. 'Dont ever complain about what I spend on clothes after seeing that crap that you waste your money on!'

My long term partner absolutely hates football, she refuses to be in the same room as it on the TV (which is very infrequent because she normally gets in a mood for a few hours if I watch it in the main TV viewing room), she would never go to a match with me "too cold", thinks Oldham (the town) is "disgusting" so has never and would never go there (kind of agree with her - sorry), she refused to even look at the screen when Oldham were playing on Sky on Sunday, she has no idea that Oldham are in a different league to Man City or the Netherlands...her dad spent time in prison when she was a child for something he did at a football match, I think this is related.

Why do you think we're not married?!

This thread does remind me of a regular routine with a former flatmate. "Where are going today?"

"Watching Oldham at Colchester."

"Who are they playing?"

"Barcelona/Brazil/Borussia Dortmand/China."

"Really?"

"No. Colchester."

My wife is a Villa fan (not a good season in our household) but as lives in the North now comes occasionally with me and my Dad.

Even took a season ticket a few years ago, but after the season decided that as an interested neutral the quality of the football was just too bad (cannot disagree a lot of the time).

Got so cold one game, went to the toilet and warmed toilet roll under the handdrier and then wrapped it round her socks and put her shoes back on. Coldest place on earth apparently.

My wife is a Villa fan (not a good season in our household) but as lives in the North now comes occasionally with me and my Dad.

Even took a season ticket a few years ago, but after the season decided that as an interested neutral the quality of the football was just too bad (cannot disagree a lot of the time).

Got so cold one game, went to the toilet and warmed toilet roll under the handdrier and then wrapped it round her socks and put her shoes back on. Coldest place on earth apparently.

Who was at home cooking your tea?