Your wife and Oldham Athletic?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My missus is a Liverpool ST holder and Bro in Law a bitter blue so I've had a good few times over the years

Bought The Sun once and took it home early in our relationship.......if you've never lived over this way you will never really quite understand the detest for it........never bought it since

My wife watches the BBC results programme religiously. Her only interest is the Oldham score and she rarely dosn't know it when I arrive home from a Saturday game. So, I quite confidently just asked her the question. 'errr,..... is it champion something?..... Brain now working overtime. errr, champion1... is it?'

I'm quite stunned.

I get one of 2 responses

Makes a change

If we win.

They always lose

I we lose.

She won't come. Never will do. Her bro and dad are season ticket holders at it so she pretends she's a plastic red but in truth she ain't got the foggiest about football

In 1976 her indoors came to her first home game. We won 2-0. The week after we went to Huddersfield. When they scored first she asked why I was not cheering. I patiently pointed out it was not us who had scored...." I don't understand" she said " you cheered when the Blues scored last week !" .......we are still at the same first base today when it comes to understanding football, hence we have a soap TV set and a Sky Sports set in the back room

Much of this fits perfectly if it was my dad. Not so much for my intended.

Good point, with hindsight maybe I should have entitled it something like 'Your beloved and Oldham Athletic.

Edited by BP1960

My wife lost interest when Andy Holt left us, well Andy Holt's legs to be more specific.

We bumped into him at Manchester Airport a couple of years back and she nearly fainted ha ha.

Did he say what he's doing now?

My wife's a geordie, who hates football. She's from the only geordie family I know where even the blokes aren't interested in football. She's always very nice about the fact that Latics are :censored: though.

My eldest son said to me at the weekend, "Oldham used to be good, didn't they dad? But now they're rubbish." Yep, that pretty much sums it up.