Final League Tables (and other stuff)

He should turn pro next season, it'll focus his mind. In the free league he allowed complacency to get the better of him.

Big step up to the pro ranks. Not just the competition, the mind games as well, tough choice, play the game or play the field.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So, as we head into Play-off final weekend, I thought I'd have a look at the permutations left at the top?

Ex-Pat 183 [no more points available now Bradford have been beaten]

Stevie_J 182 [no more points were possible following final league game]

24hours 181 [+5 if Millwall beat Barnsley]

Looks like we're all getting behind the Tykes this weekend then! :grin:

Edited by lookersstandandy

So, as we head into Play-off final weekend, I thought I'd have a look at the permutations left at the top?

Everyone knows who the winner is and what the final league table looks like. This final final league table business is just an obituary for the competition itself, and not a very flattering one.

I'm gonna hate myself for saying this, but in the interest of fair play in this competition I shall be rooting for Millwall this weekend, it would be deemed a hollow victory if 24hrs were to be denied.

I'm gonna hate myself for saying this, but in the interest of fair play in this competition I shall be rooting for Millwall this weekend, it would be deemed a hollow victory if 24hrs were to be denied.

Upboat, upboat and upboat again. Here's a man with the interests of the competition at heart. If you cut him open, he's got prediction league running through him like a stick of rock.

I see the Hollow Crown series is continuing on the BBC just now. Excellent watch if you get the chance.

Upboat, upboat and upboat again. Here's a man with the interests of the competition at heart. If you cut him open, he's got prediction league running through him like a stick of rock.

I see the Hollow Crown series is continuing on the BBC just now. Excellent watch if you get the chance.

Brainwashed, more like. The rules were there from day one. You must have read them because you posted predictions in the relevant thread. Now, because you weren't professional enough to remember those rules, you're claiming they shouldn't be upheld. If Ex_pat wins, he does so fair and square.

Brainwashed, more like. The rules were there from day one. You must have read them because you posted predictions in the relevant thread. Now, because you weren't professional enough to remember those rules, you're claiming they shouldn't be upheld. If Ex_pat wins, he does so fair and square.

As a competition administrator, you've got problems if the people have one Champion and the administrators have another. And no one can deny the epicness of that final helicopter Sunday, with nzlatic falling just short of a remarkable victory after an unbelievable run that almost resulted in one of the most spectacular heists in predicting history. People's champion versus administration favourite innit. I think we all know who's coming out on top of that one.

And it hasn't gone unnoticed that Ex_pat won last year following my unjust disciplinary issues. What exactly has he got on you?

So the playoff final didn't change much in the end. Barnsley winning brought extra points for GravityGrave, taking him to 12th in the league, and DavidCollinge who climbs off the foot of the Premier League table.

So, as above, Ex_pat is confirmed as the Subscription League Champion, retaining the title he took last year. Congratulations to him. Runner up was me(!) and 24hoursfromtulsehill was a brave third.

I do apologise for the anti-climatic ending. Not accounting for the playoffs dragging things out was an error on my part but I don't apologise for applying the rules as they were set out at the beginning as some would have me do!

Congratulations to John Platt on winning the Free-to-Play league.

I'll follow up on prizes shortly and I'm working on a spreadsheet for a Euros competition, if anyone's interested (although I haven't quite got it working yet).

Congratulations Ex_Pat and John Platt and thanks Stevie J and Bristolatic for all your work through the season. It's a thankless task which attracts much needless sniping and criticism from people unwilling to take the job on themselves (or to remember the rules properly) and you deserve far more plaudits than you get. Maybe next year we could a Super League style play off system whereby the top 8 compete against each other after the regular season's finished? Keep it interesting, like.

Edited by rosa

So the playoff final didn't change much in the end. Barnsley winning brought extra points for GravityGrave, taking him to 12th in the league, and DavidCollinge who climbs off the foot of the Premier League table.

So, as above, Ex_pat is confirmed as the Subscription League Champion, retaining the title he took last year. Congratulations to him. Runner up was me(!) and 24hoursfromtulsehill was a brave third.

I do apologise for the anti-climatic ending. Not accounting for the playoffs dragging things out was an error on my part but I don't apologise for applying the rules as they were set out at the beginning as some would have me do!

Congratulations to John Platt on winning the Free-to-Play league.

I'll follow up on prizes shortly and I'm working on a spreadsheet for a Euros competition, if anyone's interested (although I haven't quite got it working yet).

Out of curiosity, how far did I drop having not put a positions prediction in?!

So, here it is. The final, final, end of season table in what was the closest and most controversial Prediction League ever. Controversy should never have raged though, as the rules for this season were laid out clearly at the start :deal: . So, 24hoursfromtulsehill :first: was the Champion at the end of the regular season and Ex-pat :first: takes the title for the end of season predictions table. There you go, a trophy each. Fight it out amongst yourselves! :grin: :boxer: :boxer:

The only change to the last, final table was DavidCollinge and GravityGrave each picking up 5 points for predicting Barnsley's promotion.

There will be a different format next season. Steve and I are meeting in the boardroom very soon. We both have our red fleeces coming back from the dry cleaners very soon (that :censored: takes some shifting!), but we think you will like what is being planned.

Thanks to all who took part.

U7UYmDj.jpg?2

The fans know who the real champ is.

It's like in rugby (both codes): the number of fans halves every time they introduce another layer of complexity to the standings.

Anyway. I've retired as Champion and will look in only occasionally to see how next season's battle of the mediocrities pans out.

The fans know who the real champ is.

It's like in rugby (both codes): the number of fans halves every time they introduce another layer of complexity to the standings.

Anyway. I've retired as Champion and will look in only occasionally to see how next season's battle of the mediocrities pans out.

I'll believe that when I see it.

I'll believe that when I see it.

I share your scepticism. What's the point of any competition when the best in the business aren't taking part?

After the epic of the match predicting season - four players tied at the top for ages, an emerging talent coming through and almost pinching it - the administrators turned it into a farce.

I share your scepticism. What's the point of any competition when the best in the business aren't taking part?

After the epic of the match predicting season - four players tied at the top for ages, an emerging talent coming through and almost pinching it - the administrators turned it into a farce.

I was referring to your (probable) ducking out of taking part, not the potential opposition. If you're the true champion you would have us believe, have another go if you think you're good enough.

I wonder what would have happened if you'd come 2nd after 46 games, but won it with end of season predictions. I guess we'll never know.

Man up, man.