Final League Tables (and other stuff)

At last, I've got my laptop back up and running, so sorry for the delay boys and girls. Fantastic end to what was probably the best Prediction League ever; certainly the closest.

Subscription League

24hoursfromtulsehill retained his place at the top and takes the title :first: , just two points clear of nzlatic :applause1: , who could have capitalised on 24hrs' less than impressive final day if he hadn't been even less impressive himself. There was very little in the way of changing places and the League pretty much stayed as it was for the last few weeks. The Connor Brown Special Mention Award goes to rosa for being within 3 of the attendance :chubb:.

DBPmi2S.jpg?2

u5OXTpG.jpg?2

Free-to-Play League

John Platt took the title by 7 points :first: , the top four staying there for the entire season, but Hometownclub made a great effort after joining in at a very late stage :applause1: .

qp4h66H.jpg?2

10WsVg2.jpg?2

And so to the end of season award ceremony.

Most Correct W,L,D Predictions

Subscription League - Stevie_J (20)

Free-to-Play League - maddog (16)

Most Correct Half Time Scores

Subscription League - 24hoursfromtulsehill (18)

Free-to-Play League - maddog (14)

Most Correct Full Time Scores

Subscription League - nzlatic & disjointed (9)

Free-to-Play League - John Platt, maddog & opinions4u (4)

Most Correct Latics Goals

Subscription League - nzlatic, NewBlue & disjointed (23)

Free-to-Play League - opinions4u (18)

Most Correct Opposition Goals

Subscription League - Handsy (21)

Free-to-Play League - John Platt (17)

Most First Latics Scorer Predictions

Subscription League - 24hoursfromtulsehill (9)

Free-to-Play League - John Platt (5)

Full Table for Attendance Points

rJO43Lg.jpg?2

So, we now go to the controversial bit. At the start of the season, a new feature was introduced; extra points for the promotion and relegation places and Latics' final position in League 1. This is how the table looks at the moment, but it will no doubt change after the play offs. You can't take away the achievements of those that have won their awards over the full 46 game season, but there is the consolation of awards at the end of the month to thosde who predicted accurately for the top 3, bottom 4 and Latics' final position. Another award ceremony, more booze, more pissed up Latics fans and more thick heads in the morning. Watch this space.

21kJmu2.jpg?2

As for next season, we will be looking at the suggestion that we have a promotion/relegation set up. I thinks it's a goer and will chat with Stevie_J about it during the summer.

Well done to all that took part.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21kJmu2.jpg?2

As for next season, we will be looking at the suggestion that we have a promotion/relegation set up. I thinks it's a goer and will chat with Stevie_J about it during the summer.

Well done to all that took part.

Ex_pat is way too classy to wear your crap paper crown. He's thrown it in the bin already and set fire to it.

CO-JVTNXAAEYR6l_zpsdkfcesrs.jpg

Edited by HarryBosch

I was victimised last season because of Zorrro's cheating. Now I'm being victimised because I won and there was nothing anyone could do about it. My suggestion for righting the wrong is as follows: t-shirt for the winner of the placings predictions (take it out of my winnings if you like). The table where placings predictions appear with match predictions disappears.

24 hours. Tick. Tock.

Ex_pat is way too classy to wear your crap paper crown. He's thrown it in the bin already and set fire to it.

As much as I think you are right about the prediction placings, you might find that Ex-pat is holding a party at the moment wearing said hat.

I was victimised last season because of Zorrro's cheating. Now I'm being victimised because I won and there was nothing anyone could do about it. My suggestion for righting the wrong is as follows: t-shirt for the winner of the placings predictions (take it out of my winnings if you like). The table where placings predictions appear with match predictions disappears.

24 hours. Tick. Tock.

You were rightly accused and found guilty because you coerced Zorrro into cheating on your behalf and tried to claim the prize. You have your accolade at top of the OP for winning over the 46 game season, so accept that like a true Champion or carry on whingeing like a big girl's blouse, losing all credibility you have mustered this season.

Thanks for all your hard work, Pete.

If Tulsehill has wanted it enough, he'd have either put more effort into his placing predictions or objected at the start of the season. A true winner would.

As much as I think you are right about the prediction placings, you might find that Ex-pat is holding a party at the moment wearing said hat.

Does anyone have a remedy for singed hair and a burnt scalp?

Ta Bristol and Stevie.

Well done ex-Pat, commiserations 24hrs.

The Gerrard moment of this campaign. Almost there, retirement imminent, and the ground moves from beneath your feet...

Edited by NewBlue

So, what's everyone doing with their predictionless weekend? Going shopping with the missus, yeah? Fixtures'll be out before you know it, innit.

Flying home from Madrid.

Meeting a mature lady off a dating web site.

Heading down to London for a job interview.

It was the middle one of these that caused your fall from the summit of the prediction league wasn't it?

He should turn pro next season, it'll focus his mind. In the free league he allowed complacency to get the better of him.