More on Porter Switch

Guest oa exile

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With that catalogue of injuries and time off no wonder Porter may opt to take a big pay day. It could well be his last. I'd still want him to stay and given he knows he'll be tolerated here and Nobes will do his best for him perhaps he should stay.

I agree with Stevie, very petty and we seem to making a habit of spitting our dummy out, Porter and his agent have done nothing against the rules.

They can't moan about Porter saying he wants to stay when they told the very same thing to Warne.

Was just about to post the exact same thing here as I did on the other board, fully agree with you on this Senor. Here is my post:

Although I am gutted for the club and especially TTA as a large cut of 700k is an awful lot of money to mis out on I cant help but ask why is this being posted on the official site?

Granted Porter and his agent may have done all those things, mentioned numerous times that he wants to stay, he wants to sign but at the end of the day if Paul Warne is to be believed and we did infact offer him a deal to stay on and pull out what gives us the right to turn to Porter and slate him for (in principal) doing exactly the same thing?

I will not be liked on here for this post but most of us in Porters position would do exactly the same. We cannot take the moral high ground with Porter when we did a similar thing to Paul Warne, unfortunately this is football and this kind of thing happens.

Guest oa_exile

........"John Sheridan will now step up his search to bring in an additional striker".

Yep , time to move on now boys and girls............... "Onwards and Upwards" :latics:

Nowt wrong with that article, if Motherwell didn't know about the details, well they do now.

it may well be that this is the reason English clubs have not

shown a serious interest in signing the player

That's stretching it a bit, seeing as we turned down an offer from Plymouth (allegedly) but so what?

Personally, I am now glad that this is all over and we can get on with the task of lining up a replacement. Thank you Chris for the goals you scored, you will need to score more than five goals in 24 games at Motherwell, but, if you REALLY want to play for them, then you will!

P.S. Don't forget to take your thermals. :wink:

I want Porter to stay. If tomorrow he offered to sign I'd accept that 100%. Even though we've been through the mill a little!

But I agree with Steve. It really is pathetic to talk like that. We know Porter is interested in staying in the north west, we know his agent is a complete :censored: but that does not mean we should behave like this.

Football is a mans game, as they say, and we should take this like a man. Am I happy he's leaving? No! Am I happy we'll get nothing for him? Even more no!! But do I accept it as a fact of life that you can't always have your own way? Yes!

To say Porter should be 'loyal' to Oldham is complete crap! We didn't all come on to boards and moan when we brought him in that he'd been disloyal to Bury did we!? We've not moaned that Kalala has turned down a contract at Yeovil and been disloyal to them by signing for us have we!? NO!

People who say Porter should be loyal are looking at it from their point of view... that if THEY were playing for Latics they would be loyal. But if one of us were playing for Huddersfield or Doncaster or whoever and someone offered to tripple our pay, give us £200k up front and the chance to shine in front of the old firm who wouldn't take it?

People say this is a sideways step for Porter... could agree that 'well are certainly not a club bigger than us... but look at Killen (who's had worse injury problems than Porter) and the fact that after a year up there he's now got an opportunity to play CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOOTBALL!!!

Who, in their right mind would turn down an opportunity like that?

I want Porter to stay, I hope that tomorrow for some crazy reason he does... but honest to God all this "whine whine whine it's not fair" stuff is just misplaced anger that we're loosing a good footballer with great potential!!

RANT OVER!

Guest oa_exile

Bottom line , its all about MONEY ! and IF the Club matches the Motherwell terms i believe 100% he will stay.

Now come tomorrow we lose £500-600-700K or we give him the contract terms he wants (or his Agent wants).

I think it's a simple as that ! , that is the game his Agent has been playing from scratch one !

Personally I think there is some truth in what the club is saying about his injuries scaring clubs off ... I'm not sure looking by his end of season

fitness,even after injections he was still winching everytime he landed on the ground, that he would actually pass a medical at the moment.

I think maybe thats what the club hope to achieve is to scare other clubs off in believing this...... not whine

Bottom line is the money though as exile as highlighted and more than likely to get a bigger sin on fee with a Scottish club as they have no transfer to pay. Not only would we loose out, but Bury are in a greater need for any money they would have got through a transfer.

What's the point of it? If he decides to stay, it's just embarrassing. If he decides to go, what does this achieve?

It's understandable, but in my opinion unprofessional, toy-throwing.

I don't think he can stay now, after all the hoo-hah that's gone on.

The club are only posting fact with reference to his injury record.

Well sneaky, though, don't you think? There's quite a lot hanging on that medical now. Before the fishul site went public (and detailed) about the injury, who's to say that the Scottish quacks would have known what they were looking for? They know now, and if they find anything, it'll be quite a pain for Lee Payne.

Guest oa_exile

Dont want to put a "spanner in the works" but Porters injury problems we have been told are no more :blink:

His "problem" has been rectified with an insert into his boot :unsure: