• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say if we added a proper striker or two, which Shez had an eye for we'd definitely be top 8/10, our inability in the final third is now undermining the whole of the team and the defensive lapses are now becoming more frequent, we play with fear and a reluctance to try and make things happen for fear of having your ear chewed off.

Nearly one thid the way through the season and our strikers are not doing the job.Too many lightwights imo and Id rather have more quality than quantity.I am also not a great fan of Burgess and would prefer Gerrard back onboard if possible.Our best signing is our keeper up to now.

I kind of see where you're coming from. I'm not convinced that Robinson is good enough to keep us in the league and we can't get away with performances that are so defensive forever, but I think there are too many players in our squad who are simply not up to the required standard at present.

Ripley and Clarke are clearly our outstanding players. Dummigan has potential as does Fane although he has a long way to go to reach it. The rest of the players we have are useful squad players but their effectiveness is sporadic at best. Teams can get away with a few squad players with average ability but not an entire squad of them barring a handful of players.

I've got to say that I do buy into the theory that McKay can't score at this level. Hope he proves me wrong though!

I've got little evidence to say this squad is good enough, fair, but they're not so bad as to have fired 8 blanks in 13 games and call it simply a lack of ability; that's an exceptionally bad statistic which even most relegated sides don't have

Mckay has scored enough goals in the past to tell me he knows how to do it. Erwin, despite the misses, is actually a very accomplished footballer - I'd go along with Monty Burn's unlucky theory for him and him alone, just for the number of attempts that have hit the woodwork. Flynn has played consistently in a play-off side for four years and you're criminally underselling Green to call him a 'squad player'.

But let's be honest, there are very few teams at this level whose majority of players aren't only sporadically good. Most teams only have 2/3/4 stand-outs. We are no different.

I've got little evidence to say this squad is good enough, fair, but they're not so bad as to have fired 8 blanks in 13 games and call it simply a lack of ability; that's an exceptionally bad statistic which even most relegated sides don't have

But let's be honest, there are very few teams at this level whose majority of players aren't only sporadically good. Most teams only have 2/3/4 stand-outs. We are no different.

The problem is not Ripley/Clarke/Green.

Not everything boils down to money.

With strikers it usually does. We have been shopping at Aldi

The problem is not Ripley/Clarke/Green.

With strikers it usually does. We have been shopping at Aldi

Don't get me wrong, I'm the first to argue good strikers generally come at a price but we don't even resemble an attacking unit most of the time. That goes beyond having one lethal striker.

I think it was blatantly obvious even before we signed both Ladapo and Dummigan that we were short of creativity in the midfield, and it's only been in the last few weeks the side has looked even remotely balanced.

He may well do but the problem may be that Robinson is a good coach and needs someone above him. Not all good coaches succeed when they step up do they?

True, coaching and managing used to be different species, now they appear to be rolled into one.