• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you on about....the site is supposed to bring us as supporters breaking news fast and first. The site is :censored:e and run seemingly on a part time basis!

Only news about our team...his contract expired so

is no longer our player, that's why it's not on our site!

Edited by super_blue

We needed a good clear out after last season. We were badly let down by a lot of the players, Poleon being one. The loan players and Gerrard kept us up. Looking forward seeing a fresh new team grow. Hopefully.

Hope you're right I can only see major issues but hope it's just me

So first 12 games or so will be

1 Seeing best formation to fit players

2 Players getting used to each other

3 Seeing which players are good bad average in which we will have a combination of with such an influx.

I'm all for clearing the decks but arguably 3 of last season's poorest performers are still on the books along with another who was a major disappointment, of those remaining only really Edmondson has shown anything the rest are gash or untried.

I'm all for clearing the decks but arguably 3 of last season's poorest performers are still on the books along with another who was a major disappointment, of those remaining only really Edmondson has shown anything the rest are gash or untried.

Seeing how Edmundson and a few other of the untested players develop next season is one of the few positives we've got to look forward to. Can't imagine they'll develop much unless we get a full 11 though.

• 3 months later...

Just re-read this comment. Sadly I'd take last year's squad over this years.

I agree that Poleon didn't show enough to be kept on though.

With decent management this squad would be okay.

There's something not quite right about how this team is sent out. Intent and mentality feels wrong. Negativity and fear pervades the team.

I don't buy that McKay can't score at this level. There's clearly something wrong for goalscoring to be this impotent. Erwin is clearly a talented lad too. Green should be running games at this level - he's shown it at times. Flynn can produce at this level and McLaughlin looks like he's started to come good.

Early days yet of course, and it was always going to take time, but there's something underpinning this team which has echoes of the failures of the past.

There's something not quite right about how this team is sent out. Intent and mentality feels wrong. Negativity and fear pervades the team.

I don't buy that McKay can't score at this level. There's clearly something wrong for goalscoring to be this impotent. Erwin is clearly a talented lad too. Green should be running games at this level - he's shown it at times. Flynn can produce at this level and McLaughlin looks like he's started to come good.

Early days yet of course, and it was always going to take time, but there's something underpinning this team which has echoes of the failures of the past.

With a couple of signings from non league and then journeymen, the selected 11 usually contains 4 or 5 players that arent even our players. Ripley is obviously good enough.

As for the other 4, 3 of whom are strikers, why didnt Corney just lay down the instruction that we needed 1 proper loan striker?

Money. That is why. He wanted half the team to be made up of players costing nothing or very little. Hence so few goals scored.

With a couple of signings from non league and then journeymen, the selected 11 usually contains 4 or 5 players that arent even our players. Ripley is obviously good enough.

As for the other 4, 3 of whom are strikers, why didnt Corney just lay down the instruction that we needed 1 proper loan striker?

Money. That is why. He wanted half the team to be made up of players costing nothing or very little. Hence so few goals scored.

Not everything boils down to money.

I kind of see where you're coming from. I'm not convinced that Robinson is good enough to keep us in the league and we can't get away with performances that are so defensive forever, but I think there are too many players in our squad who are simply not up to the required standard at present.

Ripley and Clarke are clearly our outstanding players. Dummigan has potential as does Fane although he has a long way to go to reach it. The rest of the players we have are useful squad players but their effectiveness is sporadic at best. Teams can get away with a few squad players with average ability but not an entire squad of them barring a handful of players.

I've got to say that I do buy into the theory that McKay can't score at this level. Hope he proves me wrong though!

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

This ^

I think Robinson has actual put together a very good squad, he just doesnt know how to manage it to its full potential and we are suffering because of it.

Shez with this team would challenge top 6 all season imo

Edited by palmer1

This ^

I think Robinson has actual put together a very good squad, he just doesnt know how to manage it to its full potential and we are suffering because of it.

Shez with this team would challenge top 6 all season imo

Would you say Shirtlff would do better coaching this lot than Baraclough?

I'd say if we added a proper striker or two, which Shez had an eye for we'd definitely be top 8/10, our inability in the final third is now undermining the whole of the team and the defensive lapses are now becoming more frequent, we play with fear and a reluctance to try and make things happen for fear of having your ear chewed off.