Wigan Cup game

Chuffed about that win but what gives me most pleasure is the midfield we have. Combative lads with a forward thinking mentality. If anything they'll make us exciting to watch. Fane was a crucial signing to make us tick.

If he keeps on breaking play up and driving us forward with the ball like that then he will show exactly why a section of Latics fans thought Kelly was nothing but an average player. Fingers crossed.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuffed about that win but what gives me most pleasure is the midfield we have. Combative lads with a forward thinking mentality. If anything they'll make us exciting to watch. Fane was a crucial signing to make us tick.

If he keeps on breaking play up and driving us forward with the ball like that then he will show exactly why a section of Latics fans thought Kelly was nothing but an average player. Fingers crossed.

I didn't want to go so early on this but, seeing as you two already have...... :lol:

Fane and Klok demonstrated in one game exactly what Kelly, Furman & even Korey Smith could and should have been doing throughout their tedious tenures as our so called "holding midfielder"...

Just because that job is, first and foremost, to shield the defence and win the ball doesn't mean you can't drive us on, have a run, have a shot or pass in a forward direction...

And much of their defensive work involved standing off, and standing off and standing off - look how each crunching tackle lifted the crowd & their team mates time and again on Tuesday night...

Years since we've had that...

Even if it might result in a few more sending offs than we've become accustomed to, so be it...

This is what I like to see from a midfield...

Edited by HarryBosch

Fane and Klok demonstrated in one game exactly what Kelly, Furman & even Korey Smith could and should have been doing throughout their tedious tenures as our so called "holding midfielder"...

You usually talk a lot of sense, but come off it Dave. Liam Kelly and Furman shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Korey...

Agree completely. While I agree Korey was the best out of them, he got more adulation than he warranted IMO. It's early days with Fane but that was promising on Tuesday. Midfield oppositions won't be getting an easy ride like they've been used to over the years IF Fane keeps that up.

Agree completely. While I agree Korey was the best out of them, he got more adulation than he warranted IMO. It's early days with Fane but that was promising on Tuesday. Midfield oppositions won't be getting an easy ride like they've been used to over the years IF Fane keeps that up.

All about opinions I know, but for me Korey took some undeserved flak on here. Thought he was outstanding for us.