Wigan Cup game

Flynn's dead good. Clarke's good. Erwin has a decent touch on him. Klok's :censored:ing mental. Fane is :censored:ing mental to watch. Aside from the kamikaze stuff, we can play some half decent football against 10 men.

Full-backs were a bit susceptible and Mantack's not ready yet. Burgess I'm not sold on either. They had some good chances even with 10, but as a Championship team I'd expect that.

Ta. Might turn up Saturday now!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baptism of fire for Mantack and he struggled a little but there is a player in him.

Klok, Flynn, Wilson all played well together. Fane is all arms and legs but mops up better than Kelly ever did. Special mention for Green and Croft.

We are still lacking fitness but there are some good players in that side. Playing one up top helps the manager because he may find it difficult to get our creative players in the right places with two up top.

Brown is out the door, Winchester must have his little toe left in.

Team gave a good show after a edgy start .Fane was excellent and Flynn but all deserve credit.Good signs for the team and hope it continues to improve.Nice for the fans to sing Robinsons name at the end

Baptism of fire for Mantack and he struggled a little but there is a player in him.

Klok, Flynn, Wilson all played well together. Fane is all arms and legs but mops up better than Kelly ever did. Special mention for Green and Croft.

We are still lacking fitness but there are some good players in that side. Playing one up top helps the manager because he may find it difficult to get our creative players in the right places with two up top.

Brown is out the door, Winchester must have his little toe left in.

Edited by Dave_Og

Well if a friend had not paid for my ticket I would ask for my money back. I go to all that trouble to have a good moan and they go and beat a side from the division above. Even the referee leaned our way. Players all giving 100 per cent effort and two good goals from open play. It is an outrage. When I got home my wife had gone to bed so I couldn't even moan at her. This could be a very long hard season if they keep this up.

Only about 9 years lol

7 consecutive years knocked out in the first round. If there's one thing we do well it's consistent mediocrity. Last time we actually won a game in 90 mins in this competition was Mansfield, 4-1, 14/08/07 (JP Kalala scored!).

Went tonight expecting a defeat after the reports from Saturday. I was pleasantly surprised with the performance and hope that this acts as a spring board for Saturday. Lee croft was brilliant tonight and his clever back heal led to the second goal. Enjoyed the game we looked decent think burgess will benefit massively from having Clarke next to him. I've been a big critic in the past and still have my doubts regarding corney and co but we looked decent tonight long may it continue.

Really enjoyed that tonight and a deserved win.

Flynn is obviously a good player, I hope we see the consistency that Sheff Utd fans say he lacks because.

I was impressed with Klocks delivery tonight, nearly every ball looked dangerous. I have to admit I wasn't too sure if he was going to be anything other than a cult hero because he commits fouls but he has a brain and a great right peg.

Fane is a walking red card but could be an unbelievable player. Loves a tackle and tries to keep it simple. We may have to put up with suspensions but if he can keep improving big money is there to be made.

It seems to be a bit early for Mantack but the experience will do him good.

Erwin looked fitter & stronger and could be a real big player for especially if he gets the right support.

Clarke is just what we need, a big horrible bastard defender who will just defend! Having said that he should have score.

Brian Wilson...what happened to this man because he is 10 times the player we had 12-18 months ago. He wasn't trusted at right back but I would now happily play him anywhere in that back 4 if need be. He has become Mr reliable and after practically being forced out & Notts County not wanting him he deserves all the praise in the world for turning it round.

Was the tackle on Klok bad enough for a red card? Thought it was a yellow from main stand upper.

Two brilliant goals, some crunching tackles and a win. Doesn't get much better!

Yellow all day for me but would like to see it again. 50/50 but Klock got to it first was my impression.