Wigan Cup game

Despite it being poor on Saturday, would anyone make any changes to Tuesday's team that aren't enforced?

The only change for me would be to replace Banks with a wide player and move Green into the middle to support Fane. Hopefully we'll sign a wide player tomorrow but if not then it would be a toss up between Croft and Klok (who looked OK there when he came on) on the right with Flynn on the left. Two midfielders who are comfortable playing wide are crucial to provide the service that Erwin and Mckay need.

If Reckord is injured then it's probably a toss up between Wilson and Brown to play left back. Not a great situation at all.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite it being poor on Saturday, would anyone make any changes to Tuesday's team that aren't enforced?

The only change for me would be to replace Banks with a wide player and move Green into the middle to support Fane. Hopefully we'll sign a wide player tomorrow but if not then it would be a toss up between Croft and Klok (who looked OK there when he came on) on the right with Flynn on the left. Two midfielders who are comfortable playing wide are crucial to provide the service that Erwin and Mckay need.

If Reckord is injured then it's probably a toss up between Wilson and Brown to play left back. Not a great situation at all.

Klok and Croft to start.

A difficult one to predict this - does he keep his first choice 11 together in an attempt to get them to gel sooner or does he rest a few for Saturdays more important league game?

Or is the chance of going through and getting a big payday in the next round more important? Possibly..

I think if a new signing comes in as promised he might be straight in, especially if he's pacy.

Can Mckay play against Wigan?

If he's going to make changes I think Klok might start if he's fit enough. If not, Croft.

Osei did OK at Millwall. Actually, thinking about it, Osei probably did more than Erwin and Mckay combined in the short time he was on.

Ripley

Wilson/Law

Clarke

Burgess

Reckord/Wilson/Brown

Fane

Green

Banks

Flynn

Erwin

Osei/Mckay/new signing

Taking my 7yo grandson to the Wigan game tomorrow (his first live match so I'm hoping it doesn't put him off football for life). I know its pay on the day, but is it best to take him to the main stand where I normally sit, or the new North Stand?

Taking my 7yo grandson to the Wigan game tomorrow (his first live match so I'm hoping it doesn't put him off football for life). I know its pay on the day, but is it best to take him to the main stand where I normally sit, or the new North Stand?

The supporters were evicted from the Chaddy to create a family section in the RRE, which has proved to be successful. Take him in there - he'll have a good time in spite of the football on show.

The supporters were evicted from the Chaddy to create a family section in the RRE, which has proved to be successful. Take him in there - he'll have a good time in spite of the football on show.

Maybe not...

http://mobile.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rochdale-road-stand-closed-for-efl-cup-clash-with-wigan-athletic-3233388.aspx

I had read this, which has now been corrected.

Tomorrow night we face Wigan Athletic in the first round of the EFL Cup (Capital One) Kick Off is 7.45, and we are back in the Rochdale Road End. Hope to see you there!

take him in the North Stand