Wigan Cup game

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes the reaction from the player and his team mates give you a good idea of the justification of the card colour, for me it was a straight red and the reaction of the Wigan players reinforced that opinion.

Ref was awful shouldn't have booked Klok for his tackle on Perkins and missed a foul moments later when he gave a throw. Repeatedly waited 5 seconds before giving a decision which winds players up. Their defender was unlucky to go as he was basically the next to do a bad tackle.

Ref was awful shouldn't have booked Klok for his tackle on Perkins and missed a foul moments later when he gave a throw. Repeatedly waited 5 seconds before giving a decision which winds players up. Their defender was unlucky to go as he was basically the next to do a bad tackle.

Just watched it on telly and it did look worse than I thought initially

The winning goal included dribbling, one twos and back heels. Bloody hell

Klok's was a 100% a yellow (brilliant, but definitely a booking). I thought the ref was pretty average, let the game flow quite well but was very inconsistent. Thought both teams should have had a penalty....

Difficult to assess that game having gone with such low expectations. Klok was rightly given the yellow and then escaped with another tackle but yes it was a red for retaliation with a double leg tackle. Wigan no doubt found something they did not expect.

Their goal a worry because a defensive mix up but our goals sublime. First a skilful solo effort with a great finish and then a skilful collective effort for the winner.

The equaliser took the wind from our sales for a while but we recovered. There are rough edges but the pressing in the second half unbalanced the Wigan side. Our players are going to have to be fit to play in this style and I suspect fitness has been the priority.

I'm still buzzing after such a wonderful win. Favourites for relegation - not any more!

Just seems to be more knobheads at away games. Must be because I'm sheltered from them at home games

You get kno heads at both however away games more people tend to let there hair down. Also those who go with mates rather than just family Members also.

Oh, aye and Winchester is the answer then??? FFS, somebody better tell Robinson (and nearly every other manager over the past five or six years) he's got it all wrong!!!

Time to get rid of the lazy, idle :censored:!!!

SINCERE APOLOGIES Wad done unintentionally. My only complerely unacceptable excuse is that it is past 1 am and I have had a few sherberts after tonights game

Oh, aye and Winchester is the answer then??? FFS, somebody better tell Robinson (and nearly every other manager over the past five or six years) he's got it all wrong!!!

Time to get rid of the lazy, idle :censored:!!!

I enjoyed that, a really good game against a well organised Wigan team. First 10-20 minutes I thought we were sloppy, losing most 50-50s and giving Power far too much room in the centre, but the goal really settled us down. It's the first time I've seen any of these players live, and Clarke, Flynn, Fane and in spells Erwin impressed me in particular. I thought Croft was excellent when he came on too. The Millwall result I think most of us saw coming, but it's great for Robinson and the players to get the first win in the bag so early and hopefully BP will be a more optimistic place come Saturday

I thought the red card was harsh at the time, but there was an element of retribution in it. Lino told the ref it was a red card offence. Looking at the replay he was right.

They should have had a penalty when burgess made a ridiculous tug on their lad (after being fouled himself).

Edited by opinions4u

I think the red card was harsh, usually a yellow for that challenge for me.

Both goals were good finishes and a great build up for the Law goal.

A good win, and important to get the first win under our belts, will really help the confidence of the whole staff and team.

Another thing to add.

Players put their bodies on the line last night when Wigan did threaten us. Throwing themselves in front of the ball.

Players looked to carry the ball forwards themselves more, instead of knocking it sideways.

We used the wings and if Wilson had a left foot we'd have had even more joy down that flank as he played well.

We were willing to tackle hard.

The passing, while not perfect, was a million miles better than at Millwall.

Improvements all over the pitch.

Maybe we're not quite as :censored: as I thought.

Looks like we've got plenty of energy and height in the team as well as bite in the tackle, would be good to see BP become an horrible place for the oppo to come to.

Robinson and Baraclough nice and busy on touchline.

Small crowd but still a good vibe from the stands, thought players responded to that and vice versa, Topoff has jumped the shark now though...

Took my grandson aged 7 to his first ever match, he really enjoyed it and concentrated the whole game - even shouting at one point at a Latics corner "Get someone on the back post"

I think we may have a future coach here.

Took my grandson aged 7 to his first ever match, he really enjoyed it and concentrated the whole game - even shouting at one point at a Latics corner "Get someone on the back post"

I think we may have a future coach here.

Get him booked in for his badges....he could be at UEFA Pro level by the time he's 10!!!