Where ever i sit ! (Having a whinge)

Why is it where ever I sit I always end up being in close proximity to some bell end(s).

When in the old Looker's paddock I was close to a father and son who would were as bias you could get so much so that on occasion they were threatened with having a ten tons of the proverbial knocked out of them. :bat:

When the Looker's was knocked down I then moved to the main stand lower where I had an old guy next to me who stunk of stale piss ...I soon changed to 10 seats away but the smell was that overpowering I think half the stand could smell it.

Now I am in the North stand and I have to listen to some immature arsehole (in his 40's) constantly call Lee croft "The pie man" ..:censored:ing annoying to say the least .. :ranting:

At the Shrewsbury game in the North Stand some inbred decided that was they day he would incessantly use the word :censored:. Which in turn led other knuckle draggers to think it was okay and constantly to use the same word while shouting at every player to 'go through the :censored:' & 'break their :censored:in legs the :censored:'

All this with kids with no more than 10 seats away. Now some idiots will argue that it's a football match and you should expect to hear it but in 30 years I've never heard it like that a Latics. I'd be surprised if I see the Grand father & Grandson sat in front of us at the next game if they go at all.

Edited by palmer1

At the Shrewsbury game in the North Stand some inbred decided that was they day he would incessantly use the word :censored:. Which in turn led other knuckle draggers to think it was okay and constantly to use the same word while shouting at every player to 'go through the :censored:' & 'break their :censored:in legs the :censored:'

All this with kids with no more than 10 seats away. Now some idiots will argue that it's a football match and you should expect to hear it but in 30 years I've never heard it like that a Latics. I'd be surprised if I see the Grand father & Grandson sat in front of us at the next game if they go at all.

I'm prone to the odd ":censored: off ref" when really irritated but I wouldn't sit there spouting it throughout the game.

I'm prone to the odd ":censored: off ref" when really irritated but I wouldn't sit there spouting it throughout the game.

I think most of us are. I'm not saying people have be be saints but their is a point & some Latics fans have no comprehension of where that point is.

I think most of us are. I'm not saying people have be be saints but their is a point & some Latics fans have no comprehension of where that point is.

We used to sit in front of a father and son and one of my mates takes his (then 15 yo) daughter.

The father struggled to complete a sentence without 2 or 3 f words in it once he gets going at the ref.

One game my mate who is a big lad stood up and told him to watch his language as his daughter could hear this swearing.

The dad apologised and said he would swear less but just as my mate was sitting back down he heard the bloke say.

'Well you have brought her to a football match!' I had to hold my mate back. The father was about 60.

Guest nonaenever

Tbh the use of foul language has fast become the norm in society generally - not just at football matches. Some of the swearing I hear from parents in front of their kids whilst shopping in the supermarket is horrendous.

I don't condone it whatsoever - especially in front of children but, as with many other things, I`ve give up fighting the general deterioration in standards.

Against Chesterfield I was similarly sat near to a foul mouthed moron - literally every sentence contained "f" and "c" words. He was with a few mates and I think he just thought it made him sound "dead `ard". Usually the type that mouth off to all and sundry (particularly to away fans) - and on the rare occasion there is a subsequent confrontation outside; they have their heads down and scuttle off quietly - leaving the rest of us to suffer or defend ourselves (as has happened at numerous away games in the distant past).

If you can't "walk the walk" - don't "talk the talk".

Tbh the use of foul language has fast become the norm in society generally - not just at football matches. Some of the swearing I hear from parents in front of their kids whilst shopping in the supermarket is horrendous.

I don't condone it whatsoever - especially in front of children but, as with many other things, I`ve give up fighting the general deterioration in standards.

Is it sexist of me to be particularly shocked when it is the mothers?

Against Chesterfield I was similarly sat near to a foul mouthed moron - literally every sentence contained "f" and "c" words. He was with a few mates and I think he just thought it made him sound "dead `ard". Usually the type that mouth off to all and sundry (particularly to away fans) - and on the rare occasion there is a subsequent confrontation outside; they have their heads down and scuttle off quietly - leaving the rest of us to suffer or defend ourselves (as has happened at numerous away games in the distant past).

If you can't "walk the walk" - don't "talk the talk".

What if they don't abuse away fans, but just swear with their mates, are they allowed to "talk the talk" then?

Possibly me you were sat next to, I have a problem with swearing a lot. Makes talking more fun in my opinion. Doesn't make me any harder though, I'm still a soft as :censored: cripple

Guest nonaenever

What if they don't abuse away fans, but just swear with their mates, are they allowed to "talk the talk" then?

Possibly me you were sat next to, I have a problem with swearing a lot. Makes talking more fun in my opinion. Doesn't make me any harder though, I'm still a soft as :censored: cripple

Lol - if swearing makes your talking more fun - I`m actually lost for words. Perhaps our stadium has become the home for Tourette's sufferers?

I was away at Sheff Wednesday one year and this skinhead was giving it large to some of their fans (including some racist stuff). After the game a 7 foot black lad built like a brick outhouse wanted to cave my face in (because I had short hair too and thought iot had been me) - it took all my convincing for him to spare my life even to the point of showing him a photo of my West Indian wife ! The skinhead had ran straight to the coach about 10 mins before the end of the game.

So yes, loud mouths can cause you serious danger away from home - if you find swearing fun - carry on mate - like I said I gave up years ago on the general decline.

Lol - if swearing makes your talking more fun - I`m actually lost for words. Perhaps our stadium has become the home for Tourette's sufferers?

I was away at Sheff Wednesday one year and this skinhead was giving it large to some of their fans (including some racist stuff). After the game a 7 foot black lad built like a brick outhouse wanted to cave my face in (because I had short hair too and thought iot had been me) - it took all my convincing for him to spare my life even to the point of showing him a photo of my West Indian wife ! The skinhead had ran straight to the coach about 10 mins before the end of the game.

So yes, loud mouths can cause you serious danger away from home - if you find swearing fun - carry on mate - like I said I gave up years ago on the general decline.

It's, ":censored:house."

The North Stand does seem particularly sensitive to the odd potty mouthed I've heard. Personally it doesn't bother me too much (they are just words after all), and I'm sure some of the refereeing we've seen this season has probably resulted in more outbursts than normal. Maybe the people who are easily offended should think about a move to the family stand?

The North Stand does seem particularly sensitive to the odd potty mouthed I've heard. Personally it doesn't bother me too much (they are just words after all), and I'm sure some of the refereeing we've seen this season has probably resulted in more outbursts than normal. Maybe the people who are easily offended should think about a move to the family stand?

I would but I detest kids too