Bolton (A)

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nonaenever

Can you dispute some were definitely scared of the crowd against Swindon?

I need to look up the dictionary definition of "crowd" - there were some people there against Swindon but it's a stretch to say "crowd". It will also be one less now - handing my season ticket to a family member as I`m taking a break after 40 odd years. I'm just not enjoying it any more; sick of listening to bull:censored: from our manager, sick of watching professional footballers who can't hit a barn door and sick of being bored out of my tiny mind watching the dross we serve up at home. Bye for now.

I need to look up the dictionary definition of "crowd" - there were some people there against Swindon but it's a stretch to say "crowd". It will also be one less now - handing my season ticket to a family member as I`m taking a break after 40 odd years. I'm just not enjoying it any more; sick of listening to bull:censored: from our manager, sick of watching professional footballers who can't hit a barn door and sick of being bored out of my tiny mind watching the dross we serve up at home. Bye for now.

Can you pass your dictionary on to the manager and ask him to look up the definition of a goalscorer.

Guest nonaenever

I did mention in an earlier post about the potential for trouble - in the past there was a fierce rivalry between Oldham/Bolton on the hooligan front - looks like it was renewed today.

If Robinson really thinks that was a good performance and we controlled 60% of the game then that's worrying.

His problem is the NI attitude he has. He treats every opponent like they are bigger and better and little Oldham are lucky to be playing these massive teams like Bolton. Corney, Barry etc have this same attitude too, it's deep routed in the club, a lot of fans have developed it too. Bolton, coventry and Sheffield united apart it's a league full of similar sized clubs, some on the up some on the slide. We have been in the league 20 years fighting it out FFS. dale and bury are in the top 6. This transpires to the players too.

it's league one not the Prem. Why we can't we go out and attack, show zero respect to the oppo and have a go for a season I do not know.

Edited by NIKI1234

If Robinson really thinks that was a good performance and we controlled 60% of the game then that's worrying.

His problem is the NI attitude he has. He treats every opponent like they are bigger and better and little Oldham are lucky to be playing these massive teams like Bolton. Corney, Barry etc have this same attitude too, it's deep routed in the club, a lot of fans have developed it too. Bolton, coventry and Sheffield united apart it's a league full of similar sized clubs, some on the up some on the slide. We have been in the league 20 years fighting it out FFS. dale and bury are in the top 6. This transpires to the players too.

it's league one not the Prem. Why we can't we go out and attack, show zero respect to the oppo and have a go for a season I do not know.

Corney has been told often enough the Latics fans want entertainment and goals, but chooses safety first which is backfiring on him, fans will continue to desert the club and eventually we will be relegated and his white elephant stand catering dream will be shut down.

Edited by BP1960

I did mention in an earlier post about the potential for trouble - in the past there was a fierce rivalry between Oldham/Bolton on the hooligan front - looks like it was renewed today.

I remember. This used to be a big derby. The 1970s were really bad. It always kicked off, big time. Then our fortunes differed and the rivalry drifted.

Just got back, disappointing really. We were second best today (it happens), their first was a good goal. Nothing to do with where the wall was. We were not at the races really for the first 20/25 minutes. Second to every ball and loose in possession. We grew into it and after taking an extra 10 minutes at half time (loved it), we were well in the game. Just needed more composure in the final third. The 2nd knocked the wind out of us. Should have been cleared about 5 times before they scored. From then on in it just looked tired and laboured. What gets me is that we played some decent stuff on the deck with quick passing which created a few chances yet most of the time we just hoof it down the line. They look devoid of confidence in themselves at times. Need to bounce back Tuesday....

As a side note if Ripley isn't playing in the PL in the next few years i'll be surprised.....

Guest nonaenever

I thought Green was our only decent player...

Really? Thought that was his worst game in an Oldham shirt.

Just watched the highlights on Sky - we don't feature at all - just shows their 2 goals - sums the game up really - poor and far too easy for them.

Guest nonaenever

Have to remember we played a team who have got better players than most teams in this division. Apparently Spearing (number 8) is on 18k per week

Understand that mc - just completely baffles me how Rochdale have just managed to win their 6th game on the bounce - and we continue to seek excuses and put up with, what can at absolute best be described as, mediocrity

Understand that mc - just completely baffles me how Rochdale have just managed to win their 6th game on the bounce - and we continue to seek excuses and put up with, what can at absolute best be described as, mediocrity

Excellent point excuses are wearing thin, if we are going to keep losing, at least let's do it scoring goals & having a go especially at home.

Did anyonelse think we were lacking an out ball today?

Bolton had us pinned down today and everytime we got the ball we didnt have that quick winger/forward who we could send the ball too who could stretch the opposition and get us up the pitch.

If Robinson wants a hard to beat/defensive style of play then for it to work we need players who can hurt teams on the counter attack we currently don't have that.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Spearing mudered us in midfield, his quality was countered by the awfulness of Fane and Green.

Our only real chance was when Green went through at one down and instead of slotting it under the keeper I think he tried to go round him and made a mess of it. Take more touches than you heed was a feature of everybody's play.

Our tactic of hoof it up to McKay when he's being marked by Wheater was surprisingly ineffective!

A lack of quality. A lack of intent. Why hit a first tine cross when you can take four touches and give them time to reorganise?

I don't think our players are good enough. I don't think the manager is either.

Just got back, disappointing really. We were second best today (it happens), their first was a good goal. Nothing to do with where the wall was. We were not at the races really for the first 20/25 minutes. Second to every ball and loose in possession. We grew into it and after taking an extra 10 minutes at half time (loved it), we were well in the game. Just needed more composure in the final third. The 2nd knocked the wind out of us. Should have been cleared about 5 times before they scored. From then on in it just looked tired and laboured. What gets me is that we played some decent stuff on the deck with quick passing which created a few chances yet most of the time we just hoof it down the line. They look devoid of confidence in themselves at times. Need to bounce back Tuesday....

As a side note if Ripley isn't playing in the PL in the next few years i'll be surprised.....

Yer the manager said the day before the game the players were full of confidence.

He brought the players in, so he and his coach have to take responsibility if they cant get them to perform the basics.

Yes but he can only bring in the players who will accept what we offer.

Today for me the players were trying today the effort was there the quality wasn't.

We were beaten by a player who realistically shouldn't be playing league 1 football. That's Zach Cloughs third free kick this season he's one of the few players in the division that can do that.

Spearing who dominated the midfield today is on £25k a week. He shouldn't be playing this level of football sometimes it's just that bit of quality beats you.

Losing today doesn't bother me that much, losing home games to Swindon and MK dons does, as would losing home games to Scunthorpe and Bristol Rovers.

Edited by GlossopLatic