The Club Show 1992.

What happened to the 4-5000 die hards? And did someone say Joe Royle was like John Fashanu?

There were some faces (and hair dos) in Claytons, the good old days with a can of Breaker and a fag pre match. How I long to go back to the early 90s.

We all want to go back to the 90s Dick.

Our problem has been the way we have just lingered in this division for so many years. If we had dropped out of the league in say 3 or 4 seasons we might have have managed to keep hold of some fans. The departed have simply lost hope in the club and cannot see anything other than a struggle year after year to just stay in Division one.

Our problem has been the way we have just lingered in this division for so many years. If we had dropped out of the league in say 3 or 4 seasons we might have have managed to keep hold of some fans. The departed have simply lost hope in the club and cannot see anything other than a struggle year after year to just stay in Division three.

STFY.

I am being serious tho, the 4-5000 die hards are now 3-4000 die hards simply because they've died (or are too infirm to get down).

Think about it, 1992 was a quarter of a :censored:in century ago.

Look at some of those people, they were 40-50 years old. They lived in a grim, northern, ex industrial town, they drank, they smoked, they died.

Not exactly difficult to comprehend, surely?

If you ever go in the Main Stand Upper and I don't mean to be disrespectful I'd say the average age is about 60, there are some proper diehards in that stand alone who will go rain or shine and through thick and thin, you do see splatterings of youngsters in other areas but it's difficult to retain their interest, I like the idea of the athleticos as it may give some who wain a sense of belonging but most kids who support us now probably support two teams which is sad in itself.

If you ever go in the Main Stand Upper and I don't mean to be disrespectful I'd say the average age is about 60, there are some proper diehards in that stand alone who will go rain or shine and through thick and thin, you do see splatterings of youngsters in other areas but it's difficult to retain their interest, I like the idea of the athleticos as it may give some who wain a sense of belonging but most kids who support us now probably support two teams which is sad in itself.

This. I moved from the Chaddy to the Main Stand about thirteen years ago. The guys around me are still the same ones and have been going for 50+ years. Having said that there are a couple of young kids on the front row but they only seem to be there for the pies...

I am being serious tho, the 4-5000 die hards are now 3-4000 die hards simply because they've died (or are too infirm to get down).

Think about it, 1992 was a quarter of a :censored:in century ago.

Look at some of those people, they were 40-50 years old. They lived in a grim, northern, ex industrial town, they drank, they smoked, they died.

Not exactly difficult to comprehend, surely?

Add in the diehards who turned into fair weather fans. The younger fans try to do something to make it interesting and get slagged off for it.

The owners/players/managers are partly to blame but we don't help ourselves either.

I sit in the Main Stand and I'm a third of that age