Bristol Rovers (h)

A job where pretty much every manager that has taken (with a squad of players to boot )it in recent to not so recent years has struggled like :censored: ! It won't make a blind bit of difference who our manager is in the current climate working under these conditions. If ever a manager deserved time ....... Just saying !

Nail on the head!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They probably are !! There just a miles better team than us. What do you want the manager to say ? Should he say we are :censored:e and we are :censored:e because I was stupid enough to take this poisonous job. A job where pretty much every manager that has taken (with a squad of players to boot )it in recent to not so recent years has struggled like :censored: ! It won't make a blind bit of difference who our manager is in the current climate working under these conditions. If ever a manager deserved time ....... Just saying !

It won't surprise you to know what managers say to the players and what they say to the media can be the complete opposite.

Yeah I get that BP but if you know that then it does surprise me that you keep using the managers media quotes/ excuses to beat him with. It doesn't make sense

In the Chron today he's having a go at his tired players and strikers. So I guess he's beating himself. If that makes sense.

Edited by BP1960

In the Chron today he's having a go at his tired players and strikers. So I guess he's beating himself. If that makes sense.

It's a tough one isn't it ? Like you said what he says to them in private is likely not the same as in public. But what do you say to a group of players evidently lacking in confidence to not make the situation worse ? What do you think he should be saying both in private and public BP ? And would it even make a difference ? Are these players simply :censored: ?

It's a tough one isn't it ? Like you said what he says to them in private is likely not the same as in public. But what do you say to a group of players evidently lacking in confidence to not make the situation worse ? What do you think he should be saying both in private and public BP ? And would it even make a difference ? Are these players simply :censored: ?

Man management is probably the most important element of management these days.

Worries me reading the Chron, he is chucking McLaughlin in on Saturday to provide the crosses, if nobody bursts a gut to get on the end of one of them then that tactic will fall right on its arse, Winchester crossed a lovely ball in on Saturday it was right across the six yard box but there was nobody within ten yards of it because our strikers play like number 10's or wingers, in any case you won't beat Rochdale like that, they set up well and will deal with us quite comfortably with men behind the ball, they have a young kid who I've seen a couple of times now called Aaron Morley who if he plays will pass us off the pitch, he's only 17 but is a big lad but has in my opinion the football brain to go a long way, he never gives the ball away always looking to play the forward pass and he was only playing schoolboy football last year. Rochdale are a good team just hope Saturday doesn't get embarrassing.

Lacking confidence?

Didn't Green (I think it was) do a Latics player interview last week saying the players confidence was sky high?

Lacking confidence?

Didn't Green (I think it was) do a Latics player interview last week saying the players confidence was sky high?

Do we look like a team playing with confidence to you ? Although it would be refreshing he's not going to say our confidence is shattered as a team , I wish I hadn't have bothered signing for these useless :censored:. He's not Joey Barton. All these professionals are media trained and know exactly what to say. Hence I've not watched a single interview either player or manager for years. I find it strange when people get so worked up on here after the manager gives his so called view Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

Do we look like a team playing with confidence to you ? Although it would be refreshing he's not going to say our confidence is shattered as a team , I wish I hadn't have bothered signing for these useless :censored:. He's not Joey Barton. All these professionals are media trained and know exactly what to say. Hence I've not watched a single interview either player or manager for years. I find it strange when people get so worked up on here after the manager gives his so called view

Hang on. People say that when folk talk about club finances and budgets etc. that it's all guesswork and conjecture. Now when a player comes out and says they are full of confidence, we aren't allowed to believe it either.

I think the players are weak minded full stop if I'm honest. Just don't say it we are all full of confidence if it isn't true. Only makes them look :censored: and stupid when it all goes tits up.

Hang on. People say that when folk talk about club finances and budgets etc. that it's all guesswork and conjecture. Now when a player comes out and says they are full of confidence, we aren't allowed to believe it either.

I think the players are weak minded full stop if I'm honest. Just don't say it we are all full of confidence if it isn't true. Only makes them look :censored: and stupid when it all goes tits up.

Haha true people on here come out with all sorts of wild theories that a day later are passed off as gospel. Not me tho I believe what I see. And what I see is a team that IMO is lacking confidence. I think we are an average team playing :censored:. A couple of good additions in January could see us pull away from relegation zone. And then who knows. This league seems to be getting weaker each season yet we still tread water which is frustrating to say the least.

Missed the Scunthorpe match due a delay in my travel plans - so still yet to see a game that gives me much hope for the season.

Think we are better than we were under DK / DD last season, but only just!

My thoughts were that we started pretty well, and for the first 15/20 minutes looked a good side. Really impressed with the closing down and pressure we put on Rovers in this period, never let them settle. The rest of the half saw this fade and Rovers get more and more dominant and the goal when it came felt inevitable (although based on the reaction of some it could have been disallowed) and deserved. We seemed to lose confidence when the goal went in, stopped closing down, passing sideways and backwards, looking scared of the ball, and when we dod go forward it was either a pretty hopeless longish ball that the forwards need retained OR some little passes out on the right that rarely delivered a good ball and it it did we'd spent so long doing so their backline was pretty set.

Second half continued with little hope of a goal (a fairly reasonable penalty shout aside) and the second goal again seemed always likely.

Confidence is a massive factor in sport. Over the years I've lost count of the number of times a struggling Latics team has started well to fold as soon as they go behind - and I think that it where we are at the moment. Small, quiet, grumbly crowds won't help either (Rovers killed the Chaddy can't make any noise argument for me on Saturday) and I do sense that that players are fearful of making mistakes.

Think based on the number of times we pass it round a bit in the back / midfield before launching a hopeful ball forward we are crying out for a Curtis Main type. A player that could win a fair share of these and keep possession would make a huge difference.

Rovers killed the Chaddy can't make any noise argument for me on Saturday

At the risk of opening this can of worms again, that was never the argument was it?

The argument was that if you had 100 singing fans in the Chaddy and 100 singing fans in the RRE and stood on the halfway line, you'd hear the RRE lot better.

Having had 5 years on halfway in the Lookers as a ST holder, I'd say that was true.

Hopefully, one day they'll redo the Chaddy and include safe standing (should that get the green light) and make it the home end again.