Bristol Rovers (h)

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Start as we left off on Tuesday high tempo from the off.

Scunthorpe came to win and opened up on Tuesday maybe that helped us. Bristol Rovers might come and get men behind the ball we should try and force the issue and just be patient and get the ball into the strikers feet or in the channels not over their heads.

Start as we left off on Tuesday high tempo from the off.

Scunthorpe came to win and opened up on Tuesday maybe that helped us. Bristol Rovers might come and get men behind the ball we should try and force the issue and just be patient and get the ball into the strikers feet or in the channels not over their heads.

Bristol have got a decent goalscoring record. Can't see them being the 10 men behind the ball type.

Back to normality. Started ok, but they were better than us in the 1st half. That being said Erwin is fouled in the box for their goal, i'm amazed very few in the RRE complained about it, he was blatantly pulled back when attempting to get out and make a block, may not have mattered as it was a good strike but we'll never know.

SR seems to have changed the way we played on Tuesday for some reason.

On Tuesday Flyn, green and Winchester switched positions several times to keep Scunthorpe thinking...they haven't done that at all this match from what I can tell!

Edited by super_blue

850 from Bristol is a tremendous effort, up to 5th with AFC Wimbledon in 6th and Northampton in 8th shows just how far we are sliding, can't explain that today it was shocking from the off Reckord was piss poor all game but particularly in the build up to their goal, our whole midfield were blowing out of their arse by half time, Erwin/Ladapo - look under toothless in the dictionary, decision making and desire was shocking, they literally sat off us the whole second half and invited the pressure but we could do :censored: all about It.

I'd have them in for two sessions tomorrow one to watch that :censored: that we have to pay to watch and the other to learn how to head a ball at set pieces because we defend and attack a ball like fannies.

So many poor performers.

Ladapo was hopeless after apparently being brilliant Tuesday. Erwin largely anonymous, and the ball bounced off him. Flynn poor til 60 minutes. Reckord off the pace.

Never even looked like getting close even when we dominated possession. Think that Winchester cross summed us up. Only ever going to score through a bit of brilliance.

Well that was pretty toothless, can't remember a single chance created. We huffed and puffed 2nd half but created jack all. We are so sloppy with the ball it really is unbelievable for a professional football team to be that bad at retaining possession. Not sure what they do in training tbh, it's been the same all season, same with set pieces, 2 more again today, unnacceptable with the players we have, we have poor players but they are all tall and should win a lot more headers.

Not particularly impressed with Bristol Rovers, they fully deserved to win don't get me wrong but I think it's another very poor league again this season. Credit to their away following, superb following that, not sure of numbers but looked about 800, maybe more. We would have taken no were near that.

Finally on to the referee, i really hate complaining about them but they just infuriate me every week. He is categorically not the reason we lost, we made a good enough job of that with our defending and lack of chances created, but what a complete and utter tool, the standard of refereeing at this level is appalling, he's not even the worst we've had this season. The FA really need to do something, surely the assessors at games give these clowns low scores, but yet they are still given a game the week after, it's a professional sport for christ sake (debatable at times watching us) but the referees are completely amateurish.

All our players seem to have an awful first touch and when they eventually control have no idea what to do.

No movement from anyone.

Half of them struggle to make a simple pass.

I'm usually a glass half full but its becoming a joke how often we can't do the basics.

Garbage performance and Bristol well deserved their win.Rochdale will walk it next Saturdayat this rate.I half expected Latics to be off the boil.So inconsistant.Glad Iam now home and can chill out with a malt whiskey and try to put today into the bin and forget it.