Bristol Rovers (h)

I honestly didn't think it was that bad today. We were utter :censored:e the last two home games I've been to (MK Dons and Swindon) which was why I couldn't be arsed going against Scunny but today was similar to the other home games I've seen. That is, a lot of effort without the goals. I imagine it was a similar performance against Scunny with the goals yet because we won it was a great performance accordingly to some in here. I remember going to Dale two years ago and watching us win 3 nil. We were bang average but some on here seemed to think it was a performance on par with Brazil in the 1970 World Cup Final.

I'm off for my medication now.

If we'd got a draw, scoring in that period of sustained second half pressure, it would have been fair.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we'd got a draw, scoring in that period of sustained second half pressure, it would have been fair.

That was my take. We didn't deserve to win (or look like doing) but losing was maybe a tad harsh. We played some decent stuff at times and with some composure and a bit more intent we may have got something today.

Creative midfielder is what we are lacking someone who finds that killer pass. Fane playing the holding role is a good player he isn't great in possession but lacks quality in his role?? Ridiculous comment. He is getting stronger every game. Green isn't up to it in the centre two now and as someone said time for him to warm the bench. For me I would be bringing in ant Gerrard - solid defender, creative midfielder and a striker who loves a poachers goal as our strikers don't seem to want to get in the box for when the crosses come in.

Creative midfielder is what we are lacking someone who finds that killer pass. Fane playing the holding role is a good player he isn't great in possession but lacks quality in his role?? Ridiculous comment. He is getting stronger every game. Green isn't up to it in the centre two now and as someone said time for him to warm the bench. For me I would be bringing in ant Gerrard - solid defender, creative midfielder and a striker who loves a poachers goal as our strikers don't seem to want to get in the box for when the crosses come in.

And i'd like to win the lottery.....

They were tired?

I'm tired of excuses. We're :censored:.

I think being :censored: is the underlying problem.

I'll call out the weaknesses that concern me:

Burgess - no right foot, poor distribution, unable to attack a ball with his head.

Reckord - struggles defensively, rarely hits a cross early, slows the game down when we're attacking.

Green - despite being deeply involved he makes a hideous number of errors in a game.

Fane - since he stopped carrying the ball forwards the positional flaws in his game have become exposed.

Winchester - tires too easily and still dribbles sideways.

Flynn - despite being our most creative player te disappears for at least an hour every game.

Erwin - works hard but he's never going to attack the near post on a cross. If anybody actually crosses.

The subs are no better.

Perhaps he didn't know until they'd run around for an hour or so.

I thought he'd bought 20 hi tech tracking systems to monitor players fitness.If so another waste of money on fads.

Also, how is Bristol Rovers players weren't tired, they played midweek and had a long trip after in the bargain?

Edited by BP1960

BP, are you aware that all your posts are negative and you hide away when we win then excitedly crawl out and spam the board repeating the same stuff over and over when we lose?

It's almost like you are a senile old man or something.

Senile is a disgusting comment, withdraw it or I will request you get you banned from this website.

BP, are you aware that all your posts are negative and you hide away when we win then excitedly crawl out and spam the board repeating the same stuff over and over when we lose?

It's almost like you are a senile old man or something.

Monty you cannot even use the age excuse. The most negative poster on here is you, by miles

In far to many games we have been unable to perform the basics. Granted every now and then we do such as against Scunthorpe but it's frightening how many times we either mess up a pass, mis-control it or play someone into trouble with a poor pass

It is the very basics they're struggling with. Control, pass and particularly move. It was there parts of midweek but disappeared again yesterday. Pass played, stand and admire. No thought to move and create an angle for another pass.

Getting forward in numbers is another thing we don't do often enough.

Disappointing that some players don't appear to be fit enough to play two games in a week. Are they being overworked in training. Winchester was once again the prime example of someone who had lost all but first gear.

Having said that I thought we were better than the dross from early season. First goal should have been disallowed for the blatant holding of Erwin if the fouls he gave them in the second half were anything to go by - was this another case of a ref being reminded about the rules at half time? If it was why didn't he give the penalty?

Bristol Rovers came out as the better side but once again the man in black gave them their win.

Was too angry to post yesterday. Watched the goals back. Two clear fouls for pulling/holding in the box. Disappointed that we bounced off their players. We have some big lads but they are too weak mentally and physically to compete against league 1 c loggers or sides that don't come to play a footballing game against us. Put us up against a technical side like Scunthorpe who try and pass it tippy tappy, we stand a chance. Sadly there are lots of clogged teams in this league and we just aren't up for playing those sides. Gerrard would be a very much needed additional defender. Would play him in a heart beat over Burgess. Reckford can't cross so don't give it him to cross. Flynn is used totally incorrectly. We all know Winchester can't hack playing two games in a week, so why doesn't Robinson. Clarke is still our biggest attacking threat and the only player besides Ripley who look arsed. I honestly don't know we're to start changing things and really, I don't think Robinson does.

Everything about us going forwards was below par.

It's the basics: pass, move, shooting etc. And it's been right only a tiny fraction of what I've seen so far.

We had a reasonable amount of the ball at times yesterday but we hardly troubled them. No movement, little intent, so predictable. We don't do passing beyond the simple 5 yarder. How often do we actually try to split a defence with a pass? How often does a player run at a defender? It's virtually never. Flynn at Bolton was about the only pass I remember with proper incisiveness...